Stop fixing the registration page already!!!

K

Karis

Update

Ok. He could be right - he could be lucky.

Who knows.

Basically: The Wannadon't servers allow 80 registrations at any one time.

Considering SI has only been out a week in Europe, that's a lot of people to register the game.

I reckon it can serve about 20k people per day if each registration takes 5 minutes.

So we should be looking at 10 to 14 days before the servers start to ease up a bit.

That's if Wannadon't are telling us the truth and that the servers aren't actually crap and/or broken.

K

My advice. Be patient. It's very frustrating, and even moreso because they haven't informed us of ANYTHING. We should at least get an email or something on the newsboards.

Go play Asheron's Call 2

Ok. JUST KIDDING :p

K

O

old.Jable

you are missing the point completely.

when mythic were only allowing 80 people at a time, it was to log into their account pages on the billing server.

at the moment you can freely log into the server, so the 80 people at once thing isnt an issue (or shouldnt be given the info that goa has seen fit to give us).

what you cant do is register a brand new copy of the original client, in otherwords do the bit you have to do before you get sent your password, login details, enter billing stuff for the first time, give them an email address etc.

it literally isnt working. you can log in no problem if you already have a password, but you cant register a brand new copy.

i doubt it will be up before monday now - tbh i doubt they are even aware there is a problem, and as rightnow is completely stacked with peoples requests for passwords and SI connection probs, sending them something now isnt going to yield results before they go in on monday and find out anyway.

O

old.Jable

anyway, this isnt meant to be a whine thread. its meant to be informative, and hows this for info?

it still isnt up yet...

it says:

<quote>

Subscription pages are under maintenance, they will be available soon as possible.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

<end quote>

K

Karis

Actually, I *am* trying to be informative. I'm just recalling what I've been told about registrations and how the registration server works.

And you're wrong. It's the whole registration process that's shot. We've not been able to get into any part of the process.

One of us can't register SI, the rest of us can't register at all.

Summary: Don't take frustrations out on me.

I'm just trying to offer some clarity.

We're all pissed off.

O

old.Jable

as i havent needed to register my copy of SI twice i havent been able to check out whether that side is working. the reg section definately isnt but if you say the whole lot is screwed then oh dear.

anyway it was archeon saying that it was all working and i didnt know how to use my browser - since then ive been less sedate :)

sorry if i sounded brisk, didnt think i was going over the top simply pointing out every hour or so that it still isnt working...

and it still isnt up :p

K

Karis

Hey Jable. I totally understand. My group took the entire weekend off to play DAOC... And we're screwed.

But Jable - instead of playing DAOC you could make an epic online game out of reporting that the registration servers aren't up (grin).

You could gain gold for every post and mithril for every day that they aren't up.

I'd wager you'd be a rich man (ingame) by the time we get anything from Wanadoo.

If anyone gets any kind of response from them about this, please do post it here

Regards

K

O

old.Jable

yeah true, if i wasnt being pwrlvled at far darrigs as we speak, id be proper pissed :D

O

old.Jable

the time is 01:19 in the morning, gmt and the registration page is working!!!

wow goa all is forgiven, yeah right.
anyway its up again. go to it peeps, reg those copies if you are still awake...

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Jable
the time is 01:19 in the morning, gmt and the registration page is working!!!

which then implies that there WAS a problem, and further more that goa's staff DO WORK IN WEEKENDS.. I actually think you owe them an apology

O

old.Jable

its not working!!!!!!!!!

you can enter all your details, then press the validate button, and nothing happens!!!

NOTHING AT ALL!!!

and still no mention on any of the websites or a note on the forum mentioning that its screwed.

i owe them an apology? get your head screwed on fanboy.

M

mr_nox

CD-Key Invalid!!!

Finally the sub pages are up and running and it tells me my KEY is invalid!

WTF

What the hell gives?

O

old.Jable

well ive entered all my details again today, including both cd keys, and then i see a lovely page with all my details on...

there are two buttons, one says modify and the other says validate.

both do nothing and there are no emails in my inbox either, so i guess it still isnt working.

O

old.Jable

still screwed. its monday morning and surely about time for goa to post something telling us not to bother/come back later/its being fixed?

any gms on now?

C

Cush

A bit silly to say they should stop fixing it. Would you like it to stay broken or? Aint it better they manage to fix it so they can put it up again?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Cush
A bit silly to say they should stop fixing it. Would you like it to stay broken or? Aint it better they manage to fix it so they can put it up again?

well jable is a bit of a fucktard really (see his topic in OT)

G

galacticmammoth

I registered two accounts last Monday and didn't recieve my login details etc til Friday evening. I guess you're gonna have to just wait and send subscription@goa.com a couple of emails requesting your details. Thats what I did and it worked. Eventually. Well worth the wait though :)

Good luck

F

Flimgoblin

seems like it was his browser having a fit - not sure if it was javascript switched off or just an incompatability with Opera.

O

old.Jable

opera definately doesnt work with it, but i did use IE on it yesterday and had probs, yet today it worked.

all sorted now, i got my login details fast and the account logged in almost immediately.

sounds like others are still having probs tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom