Still many playing this online and ...

X

Xtro

Are there any cheats I should be aware of? Hacks etc.

Think I'll pick up WC3 as its cheap on play.com but am wary of it being a Korean hackfest.

W

Wij

Nooo. Age of Mythology is way better. Plz buy it and let me beat you X :)

pweeeease !!!1

C

.Cask

As far as I'm aware there is still no way of preventing or detecting the map hacks that have been circulating.

Only way is to record a demo where it is blatently obvious where someone is hacking and Blizzard will probably watch that guys account for a while. There have been quite a few bannings reported but hard to tell whether Blizz was just trying to scare people. And considering the cheapness of the game all they'd have to do is buy another key to resume hacking :(

It's a real shame that all Blizzard games have been extrememly vulnerable to hacks. I wouldn't let it put you off buying it, or playing it online. But just be wary... it's still possible to beat someone with the maphack if ya keep good recon on their base.

X

Xtro

Hmmm :(.

Thanks a lot cask, I just KNEW that there would be some kind of lame cheat around for it. Cheap price for the game but that puts me off.

Wij old bean, any recommendation as to where I can pick up AoM cheap? :) Then yeah you'll probably 0wnz0rr0x0retc my arse at it :) Love to have a game m8 anytime.

W

Wij

woot \o/

Hmm it's not that cheap on play. I'll have a search :)

X

Xtro

Aha thanks m8 :)

Come the end of the month think I'll pick it up from play then (damn amazon curse them to Hades).

Cheers!

X

Xtro

Sure m8, I always look forward to being 0wned....:p

W

Wij

hehe - I haven't played that much online cos I keep losing the connection whenever I'm on ESO. I hope it doesn't happen on direct connects :/

D

DJ Rizla

I think its more than just maphacks cheaters are using. Last time I played, their army attacked me before just as I built the building needed to build an army. There was no way he could have made an army as big as his in that amount of time, some if his creatures needed two different buildings, when he only had time to build one building. I can understand a player being better than me, but this was impossible, he was definately cheating somehow, some kind of fast build or something.

It has kinda put me off playing, as this happened a few times, the only time I play it is with people I know or have played before and know they're not cheating.

W

Wij

Didn't you record a demo ?

AoM does this automatically :D

Users who are viewing this thread