Still got probs!

O

old.cLuNk

Here's a few traces from the CTF server earlier.... Do they mean 'owt to anyone??? :(
1, 2 & 3.

Please, please help... My connection sux!:puke:

O

old.[K]Torcherer

they look fine m8, mainly under 40ms which is ok. what isp you have?

O

old.cLuNk

BTOpenworld

Believe me, when I get ingame you wanna see the netgraph!

I've heard that you can get different coloured peaks which mean different things..... true??

If so mine are brown.... wot does that mean??

O

old.[K]Torcherer

Have you tried using the autoexec.cfg which cuts down lag?

Its pretty good, you can definately notice the difference, especially if you dont mind reducing the graphics quality.

Get it here

http://www.soffiles.com/file.info?177

If it doesnt work its prolly the isp :(

:upyours: ----> ISP

O

old.[K]Torcherer

im not sure bout the colored netgraph :(

B

BuRR

Blood red - normal packet sent and received. The smaller/lower the better.

Dark red - lost packet

hope that helps

O

old.GODh

I think you should complain at your providers helpdesk... Yes, i know that s*cks, but i am afraid that they are the only ones that can help you with this problem :(

I have had packetloss too, and after complaing a lot they changed my cable-modem and the problem was solved :D

I

(IF)BLADEANDO

oh shit you too

clunk..i have been moaning about this for ages.is this wot you see m8?
sof12.jpg

if it is then i get this all of the time. i have tried all sorts of fixes. i have used the auto cfg. i have installed shalafi's fix (which was the best one) all of the time i play i watch my ping go from 50-60 right up to 250. it is possable that someone is ping bouncing me but i think it is more than likely the fucking isp. i have been in touch with them but this wont help you m8...they dont fekking care. all they will say is can you d/l off this sight and report the d/l rate. that works fine but the connection to jolt is crap and they dont want to know. i don't know which you have though..adsl or cable. if it is adsl..either swop isp or change to cable which is what i am going to do when it is available. cos i am sick to death of picking flags up or killing players and then running round to find them cos i aint heard me do it. also you may pick up shells and not actually pick them up cos ya got packet loss at that point. you will also find that you gun locks up and wont fire a lot of the time. it really pisses me off but i guess you figured that out by now.
this is wot i say to freeserve adsl :upyours: :upyours: :upyours:

O

old.cLuNk

Wowzer! :(

FFS.... Blade, I thought I'd got it bad... but, mine ain't that bad !

I feel for ya m8, I'm gettin' packet loss (no where near as bad as that!) & SoF is becoming unplayable! :(

I've just read (on another forum ;)) that Shalafi is also struggling at the moment (we're both BTopenworld).

I'm back on the phone to 'em now, to see what they have to say tonite! :(:rolleyes::(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom