News Steve Jobs quits Apple

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Having millions of sheep licking your anus can't be good for your health.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
He's not *quit* Apple.
He's quit as CEO.
He's asked the board to stay on as Chairman.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Christ, the whole fucking world has gone mad. It's like 9/11 all over for the Apple Fanboys.

Fucksake.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Shame it's someone as visionary as him leaving to poor health rather than some of the complete fuckwit lying thieving bastards at Apple like their legal and marketing teams

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it's smart all round. He needs to sort his health. Apple is on top and needs to show it's more than just jobs.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I agree. Health concerns aside, I think it's time Jobs let apple spread it's wings a bit more.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
He's not *quit* Apple.
He's quit as CEO.
He's asked the board to stay on as Chairman.

My bad, but that was the headline last night. I didn't check it again until this morning, can't edit now :(.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
From IRC

(10:06:49) Draylor: Looking forward to a smaller, faster version of Steve Jobs' resignation in around four months - well i laughed

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Roo Stercogburn said:
He will always be the Apple cult's figurehead.

I don't know. Bill is doing quite a good job at distancing himself from MS these days and the same could be said of him not so long ago.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I think it's kind of sad that this gets so much attention in the media while everybody ignores that Bank of America is about to collapse in the very near future and we can at best count on a full nationalization of it, and at worst a bankruptcy causing another Lehman style shockwave. I'm betting on the US government dividing it up though so the taxpayers will eat the costs and the profitable parts will still be private, and people like Warren Buffet who after a private talk with Obama decided to invest billions into the bank will get a huge payday.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I think it's hard to overestimate Jobs' impact on the business and the electronics industry as a whole. In a world dominated by market research and slavishly copying trends, Apple under Jobs essentially said something which I personally believe is very true;

"People are idiots and have no idea what they want"

I agree with this sentiment...how can someone articulate what they want if it doesn't exist yet? Apple made some of the most aesthetically-innovative products in the history of consumer technology based purely on Steve Jobs' vision of what the tech should be like.

That is going to be hard to replace.

By the way I'm not an Apple fanboi...I think IOS is pretty much a pile of crap and I'd take a Galaxy S2 over an iPhone5 any day. That said, I still get that visceral, subconscious "desire" for Apple products, especially the MacBook Pro laptops. I don't need one, I have no use for one but I *really* want one! Same for the iPad and the iMac. It's only my experience with IOS on an iPod Touch that makes me realise the iPhone isn't for me.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
He should be the poster boy for marketing, he used it to sell last years technology to the clueless and outsell Microsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom