Stephen King Novels

Whipped

Part of the furniture
The Long Walk and The Running man are part of the Bachman Books. Some of Kings best work if I do say so myself.

Scorn

Fledgling Freddie
Black House (written with someone else, forgot his name...) is pretty good, too, links to Dark Tower just a little bit.

Don't read too much in one go, though (unless it's the Dark Tower) you'll start to notice after a while that he reuses cetain sentences, plot twists and such. For me, that's a downer.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i like The Stand well worth a read

goign to start reading The Dark Tower soon i think

Sar

Part of the furniture
The Stand is unarguably Kings' greatest work.

It, The Tommyknockers and The Stand are the three I'd go for first.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Read a lot of Stephen King novels. Not saying I read them all though. Many left me totally flat and disappointed at the very end. Got to be something I expected eventually. He nearly always made a complete cockup of an amazing book in the very last pages. Not so with the Dark Tower series though. They have been great to read. Must say one of the books got real messy and nearly lost the plot (talking train one) but recovered ok. Stephen King suffered a nearly fatal accident in his 40s (I think) and it shook him up. Also made him more mature along with his writing. Hate to say this but it was probably lacking in his earlier works - maturity. Still a great writer and all his books are worth reading for sure I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom