Steam Problem

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I've just started to try and get back into DoD cos it's a class game. However I have found I have to use this steam shit.

I have everything downloaded but when i open steam its killing my connection even when its not doing anything. it just seems to be using all of my bandwidth so when i'm in a game it'll give me proper poo pings.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it but still the same.

One thing I have noticed is tat if i hover the mouse over the icon in the task manager it says Steam - working.

WORKING ON WHAT FFS COS IT DON'T SEEM TO BE WORKING IN EITHER SENSE OF THE WORD!!!

All other games seem fine its just ones through steam. GRRR!

BTW I'm on 512 ADSL with Nildram.

HELP!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
When Steam is "working" it is updating its components or your games.

Check your games list. If you right click on a game and select properties, it shows a drop down that lets you decide whether to always keep this game uptodate or not. If you have other steam games such as HL and CS installed that you dont use often, then just select "do not automatically keep this game up to date". All this means is that the game will have to update when you launch it rather than in the background.

If when you click on the properties of DoD, check if under "status" it says ready to play. If it doesnt it needs to d/l something that is vital to steam or dod to play.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If the above doesnt work you can always try and delete your clientregistry.blob (just use windows search). Once you have deleted it start steam and it should grab the latest update automatically. The fact thats its constantly trying to update (if your games are upto date), could suggest an error in its last update.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks!

That worked a treat.

It was updating Pooper Strike for me :puke: . Nice of them to ask

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You should let it update and play :)

Marvelous work of art is CS, no matter who hard you try it pulls you back everytime.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
yeh i may well give it a try. not played it for about 2 years

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I initially found steam to be awful, but lately with the new version of NS I've found it to be very good.

I can't get it to update the 3rd party mod that is NS though, it won't allow it :/

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Cause its not a Valve supported mod. SvenCoop is set to be, although they were waiting from Valve before they could, means autoupdates etc. Someone said some time back that NS was set to join it also. I know valve said though they want SC to be the first offical Steam supported mod though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom