Rugby Steam Frame

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,297
So, this is out:


Comes with Half Life: Alyx free (which is fucking excellent).

But my thinking is this - after I finished HL:A on my Index, it pretty much went back in it's box. I know it was a faff, with base stations and cables - but I've got much more space now and could set it up sensibly and permanently - but I can't find a reason to.

The lack of a cable isn't going to change my thinking. It's the lack of quality experiences. It'd have to be HL:3 to tempt me to dig my old index back out - and I still can't see a compelling reason to buy this.

Anyone had a go?
 

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
10,029
I gather it’s basically a steam deck under the hood so should be far more stuff to play than just VR only games
 

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
13,017
1-2 hours of expected SOT unless you're streaming is a choice. Don't know who'll use it without being hooked into mains with a really long power cable - Or who'd use it for 1-2h at a time without a charge. So those issue are sort of immaterial in the real world (Omg I can't use it on a flight type people..)

I want one, but not for the price.
 

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,929
I have an occulous something or other, that lives in a cupboard too.
 

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
13,017
I have an occulous something or other, that lives in a cupboard too.

I don't need 120fps for Beat Saber so I won't update unless it become unplayable (And the weird shooter music one) - No other VR games interest me in the SLIGHTEST
 

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
18,941
I found VR a bit overrated personally, maybe its just because I tried the PS5 version but it was proper boring.
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,297
PS5 VR was shite and made me feel sick very quickly and that was down to FPS more than anything tbh.

Index at 120+fps was great. Made all the difference.

I hear native Alex is 32fps redone about 70 something on this new set? You can still stream from your PC, but that seems awful.
 

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
12,572
So, this is out:


Comes with Half Life: Alyx free (which is fucking excellent).

But my thinking is this - after I finished HL:A on my Index, it pretty much went back in it's box. I know it was a faff, with base stations and cables - but I've got much more space now and could set it up sensibly and permanently - but I can't find a reason to.

The lack of a cable isn't going to change my thinking. It's the lack of quality experiences. It'd have to be HL:3 to tempt me to dig my old index back out - and I still can't see a compelling reason to buy this.

Anyone had a go?
I ordered one but it's in shipping limbo :mad:
 

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
12,572
You played Alyx yet?

If not, your frustratiion at the wait will melt away.


Throw some empty beer bottles at the cat. :)
Nope, Alyx is the main driver for placing an order. This would be the first foray into VR. I'm taking the punt as Valve has a batting average way better than other companies for delivering gaming experiences.

The Deck is great, the Machine is great (for me because I can't be arsed dropping lol cash on a GPU for a new rig and it just sits silently on a shelf next to the TV in the lounge), the Controller is great (though the original did suck). Before those the Steam Link was also great.

Hopefully they sort out the shipping issue
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom