Games Steam compromised

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So Steam has had a huge security breach. Suggest changing all your passwords.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Isn't this a story from 2 weeks ago or something.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Also, isn't steam like perfectly safe because of the 'new pc' thing? or is there a way around it?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
presume this is the NSA farming data on who bought Dark Souls 2 so they can predict next school shooting ?

Access Denied

Source is a mate of mine who had his account compromised. He told me there's been something like 20k support tickets for people locked out of their accounts.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...and yeah, its probably down to people having the same user name and password that they used on Heartbleed affected websites and not bothering to change it, despite the mass warnings.

Access Denied

Wasn't just him. Another mate was affected too. He changed his passwords after the Heartbleed thing and he's a massive techie. Know a shit load about computers and the internet, has his own business fixing computers and designing websites. Also has his own servers. He knows what he's talking about. If he says it happened today, it happened today.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well to be fair, being techsavvy and being internetsavvy aren't the same thing ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Well to be fair, being techsavvy and being internetsavvy aren't the same thing ;)

captjacksavvy.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wasn't just him. Another mate was affected too. He changed his passwords after the Heartbleed thing and he's a massive techie. Know a shit load about computers and the internet, has his own business fixing computers and designing websites. Also has his own servers. He knows what he's talking about. If he says it happened today, it happened today.
Yet he doesn't have isthereanydeal monitor his steam account for strange activity, n00b tbfh.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It's something people use to buy games on the internet.

To play on their computer.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It seems to me that the only thing that has been compromised....... is this thread! ! ! !

Embattle

FH is my second home

Unless Steam confirms it in reality it isn't happening ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So long as you have two-step verification enabled (like sending a text to your mobile) then there's no problem.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So long as you have two-step verification enabled (like sending a text to your mobile) then there's no problem.

Aye, I have an email sent to my email address, but if you want to access my email address I get a text sent to it, so I'd imagine Shagrats mate either didn't have that.

Besides..

If someone hacked into your Steam account, what are they gonna do? play your games?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...actually some of them go for some pretty decent money (no idea why, they just do) some have sold for a few thousand.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I don't recon the perpetrator was savvy in regards to @TdC 's compromised bumhole..

Then the security couldn't have been the tightest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom