• no

Votes: 115 75.7%
  • dont care

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Should WAR have true stealth classes?

I know Mark Jacobs said that he did not want to introduce stealth classes into the game, there is i suppose scope to change in the future

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Anything that makes a class into the WoW Rogue must be avoided. Say no to unlimited stealth.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I quite enjoy playing stealther classes in other games, but I don't really see where they would fit into War. I think they would simply ruin the game.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
there is i suppose scope to change in the future

There isn't really much stealth in the original lore, i heard GW wouldn't allow it so if thats the case i doubt it will ever change. Though I personally think thats for the best.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Nope. No stealthers. Shammie being whacked by WAR-PA is a no-no.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
stealthers are intrinsically flawed in MMO's. They are a paper burst DPS class that attacks from stealth. We all know this, we love the feel of one / two shotting casters but...

The casters arn't fond of running around and suddenly dying before they have chance to retaliate. This causes population drops from unhappy customers that become fodder.

Look at WAR, its RVR orientated but the take down times to drop lasses has been increased meaning everyone has a chance to at least do somethin$g before they drop. This is an important psycological factor for people coming back to try again instead of just logging in a huff.

end result

sod off with your unlimited stealth you broken record power gamer wannabe.

Edit: too many typos...

:flame:

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Witch Elves and Witch Hunters are the stealthers I wouldn't want to have Rogue/Infiltrators/Nightshades/Shadowblades with perma stealth here. Like someone said they have to follow the Warhammer IP and there is no pure stealthers.

The game is perfectly fine the way it is at the moment, with the some classes, which needs to be balanced/nerfed and others buffed!

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I'm a little suprised they didn't add a 30 second quazi stealth to the magus and one of the chaos sorcerer spells in 3rd edition was a kinda 'step through shadows' teleport, would have been interesting to have a stealth class that replied on sustained damage instead of burst :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
It's fine the way it is atm. WE's and WH both do great damage, and I wouldn't want the whole "Stealth/nonStealth" division in WAR like there was in DAoC.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
I general, I pretty much like stealth as it is in WAR atm (speaking as a lvl25 WH)
30 sec sounds fair, only the cooldown annoys me a bit, could use a minor buff

but most of all, I hope we get something new added to give us more utility for keep fights, cause at the moment there's not much we can do cept standing there and using our ranged attack... (climb walls, safe fall.. anyone?)

unless there's more wacko rambos out there like me, who just wander of and fight at the edge of the true zerg where people get left behind :m00:

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Erm dont we alreay have a class that can stealth? Ive seen witches disappear when Ive gone after them. And I believe the witch hunter can too.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
They can use their ability to disappear for a brief moment, so that they get to open from behind or w/e. If you see one using 'stealth' just run towards whatever direction he/she was headed and cross your fingers he didn't trick you by running the opposite way.

If they 'stealth' while running towards you I suggest you cast your defensive abilities and get ready to either stab him in the face, or run for your precious life.

Either way, this is how 'stealth' should be, in my honest opinion. Gives certain classes that opener from behind they so desperately need! (As a Zealot I can solo any WH of my level if I manage to catch them before they open up on me)

-Sohtaraz K8P

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
easy answer, no!

and they should remove the stealth from witch hunters, and witch elves

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Nope, and take the stealth-like ability away from WH and WE, as far as I'm concerned?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's early days for me as a WE at only level 12, but from my experience so far I would say it is VERY different from the old infil days of DAOC... the timer on stealth so far for me has meant that I am left with a choice of either:

a) stealth before getting in sight of enemies, leaving me with very limited time to find a target and position for an attack

or

b) spot my target and run closer, then stealth but give away the fact to the target that an attack is likely

There is no possibility as in DAOC to move into a target rich environment undetected right up until a PA lands, which is one heck of a balancer :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's early days for me as a WE at only level 12, but from my experience so far I would say it is VERY different from the old infil days of DAOC... the timer on stealth so far for me has meant that I am left with a choice of either:

a) stealth before getting in sight of enemies, leaving me with very limited time to find a target and position for an attack

or

b) spot my target and run closer, then stealth but give away the fact to the target that an attack is likely

There is no possibility as in DAOC to move into a target rich environment undetected right up until a PA lands, which is one heck of a balancer :)

Absolutely correct.

It works the way it is.

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
No they're fine the way they are. You should try playing a Sorc/BW. Yus yus we shell out BIG DMG......we're also voted Class of 08's "most likely to blow ourselves up" :kissit:

And for those WH's out there who think you pwn Sorc's. I'll have you know at the end of fight when we're laying dead and you're running off lol'ing to yourself over an easy kill look back in your combat log. You'll usually find the dmg we did to ourselves out dps's you :lol:

Seriously though. I don't really see the imbalances that others see. I see ppl not working together and failing because of it. But lets get to 40 and have a good run before we start talking about changing anything. :drink:

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
And for those WH's out there who think you pwn Sorc's. I'll have you know at the end of fight when we're laying dead and you're running off lol'ing to yourself over an easy kill look back in your combat log. You'll usually find the dmg we did to ourselves out dps's you :lol:

LOL so true, I have lost count on the amount of times I have gone from full health to dead, and then noticed my Dark Magic at 100%.

What is even more annoying is when I actually notice my dark magic, but cant clear it because whoever im attacking keeps interupting the spell.

They should have stats on the amount of times you have blown yourself up.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
LOL so true, I have lost count on the amount of times I have gone from full health to dead, and then noticed my Dark Magic at 100%.

What is even more annoying is when I actually notice my dark magic, but cant clear it because whoever im attacking keeps interupting the spell.

They should have stats on the amount of times you have blown yourself up.

I think you can see how many time's you have killed yourself by looking at your Sorc tome entry. Under Elves, I've got 25 odd kills on Disciples on Khaine, then I realised it must have been from the bloody lava in Tor Anroc, as the spam says "pikeh was killed by pikeh".

sabdartviel

Fledgling Freddie
My experience of stealthers in daoc was either:

1. travelling to odins gate on my own and suddenly meeting a group of 4-5 stealthers who had been waiting there 3 hours for me and suddenly got their few RPs.

2. Or, travelling to Odins gate in a group and someone using an ability to see the stealthers before we prompty dispatch every last one of them. Then returning to freddys house to see how many whine threads they'd started about why we should leave them alone, and how they are only there to fight other stealthers.

But that was a long time ago, and I think keeping them out of WAR was a good move.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Ive always played stealther classes and loved them not including the Assasin in gw's as they had no stealth :ninja:. As long as War has something for those solo playing times when every normal person sleeps ill be happy.

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
I say no , game is fine as is regarding stealth .

As someone has already posted , WE / WH work fine as they are .
They have 2 choices , stealth early , then pray they can get to and open on a target before stealth wears off and they get their butt kicked , or , they can stealth late , and pray no-one spotted them stealthing . If they are spotted , they may get to kill their original target , but you can bet they'll be dropping shortly after :lol:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I say no , game is fine as is regarding stealth .

As someone has already posted , WE / WH work fine as they are .
They have 2 choices , stealth early , then pray they can get to and open on a target before stealth wears off and they get their butt kicked , or , they can stealth late , and pray no-one spotted them stealthing . If they are spotted , they may get to kill their original target , but you can bet they'll be dropping shortly after :lol:

whereas lets say any medium armor melee class is dead before they even reach said target? :)

i was SO happy when i read that there would be no stealth in warhammer.

i would have known that the rogue/infil population would cry their pathetic little hearts out and make mythic change their minds...

and i dont really care how stealth works in this game. it exist, thats enough for me.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Our stealth is fine as it is (31 WH here).

If I approach from the front I WILL be seen unless I'm extremely lucky and the target is in combat casting on someone else.

In WAR the stealth is short lived but long enough to allow some maneuvering in order to get behind your target, I think its great.

Besides, the best thing about stealth in WAr isnt opening from it, its when you vanish after massacring the backline :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom