Stealthers in emain tonight!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hey all!

Just wanted to say cheers to all those with stealthers out in emain tonight, had damned good fun, loads of nice 1 on 1's, seemed like a good night of rvr for most, not all that zergy unless you got too close to DC bridge, a couple of the fg's where even leaving 1 on 1's alone :D

more nights like tonight tbh!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
Hey all!

Just wanted to say cheers to all those with stealthers out in emain tonight, had damned good fun, loads of nice 1 on 1's, seemed like a good night of rvr for most, not all that zergy unless you got too close to DC bridge, a couple of the fg's where even leaving 1 on 1's alone :D

more nights like tonight tbh!

nerf :( could not find any fights to night.. got 1 or 2 fights....

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I was gonna say the same thing, not fun at all.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
no one gonna bother attacking a TOA'd reaver tbh.

its just suicide, slam, rear style loop... dead.

Even if SZ ganks you TWF and reaver bomb will quite easily pwn a SZ.

reavers are just a pure stealther nightmare.

almost glad to say its good the randoms zergs kill solo visuals. sounds nasty but if they didnt and you could consistently and safely RVR solo with certain classes then no one would roll stealthers.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
yeps i loved soloing on my valkyrie running into two fights

1. the realm rank 7+ i thinks nightshade that Paed then killed me in a few hits (im rr2)

2. the vamp that came from nowhere and fumble debuffed a valkyrie. WOW thats even more fun with my 1500ish weaponskill hurah.

after the second death i went and camped benh tower and had fun pouring oil over people btw Valks can rez :p and yups the dwarf with me was my special aug bot healer :D

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
naw special i mean red clerity and red haste :D

(ok he had di as well) :D

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
no one gonna bother attacking a TOA'd reaver tbh.

its just suicide, slam, rear style loop... dead.

Even if SZ ganks you TWF and reaver bomb will quite easily pwn a SZ.

reavers are just a pure stealther nightmare.

almost glad to say its good the randoms zergs kill solo visuals. sounds nasty but if they didnt and you could consistently and safely RVR solo with certain classes then no one would roll stealthers.

Poor Censi, didnt get easy kills for a change? Makes me want to roll a reaver!

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
The reaver, a class that rarely gets groups in Albion due to its hybrid build and the fact it belongs to a realm which lacks the same potential utility that the other realms groups do, in terms of numbers and classes which supply that utility over albion classes, which therefore negates a reaver's slot in most groups, imo. My only option therefore to make any realmpoints is to spend most my time soloing, and the base principle behind playing reaver isnt becuase of rp's, it's genuine love for the class, it's such a fun, high interupting utility class. I don't mind soloing, I find it a challenge most of times and I'm certainly not gonna be the first to admit I've made silly mistakes, becuase I've made too many to remember, but thats the thing which keeps me coming back and trying to solo as a visable char, the possibilities for different tactics and different opponents make for a unique fight 95% of the time. Also sure, maybe I do have an advantage in solo cases, but this is to-be expected, I've worked my socks off to gain that advanatge becuase I've had to build my template based around the situation I find myself in, and when this most of the time is soloing, I have to boost my defences aswell as keep my offensive high to cater for those solo purposes, becuase I'm finding myself knee deep half the time in fights against 2 or 3 stealthers. I don't drop TWF on 1 v 1 opponents, I do use other things but I try keep a respect for people of other realms becuase TWF and win win win gets boring, injecting a challange into soloing, by instead of doing slam/levi, I'll do Viper chain or something else, I think this makes the fight last longer and makes it enjoyable for both, whoever looses, I'd personally come back again and again if I had a good fight in 1 v 1.

This isnt a whine, I'm just saying that playing a visable tank char is hard-mode, so many SZ and FG's romaing your when you're trying to find a 1 v 1 and it just doesnt happen, but as Censi said, its something most of us discover a few weeks after RvR and it's just a part of the game you have to accept.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
might see my zerker about if im bored so ill attack you! :D
(most likely die but noone lives forever :p)

Alhanna said:
Poor Censi, didnt get easy kills for a change? Makes me want to roll a reaver!
no stealther has a chance vs a good reaver, not just censi

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I remember Justinian and Whyp (Paladin + Reaver) owning 23 Hib stealthers back in OF Odin's, those were the times. :D

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
might see my zerker about if im bored so ill attack you! :D
(most likely die but noone lives forever :p)

no stealther has a chance vs a good reaver, not just censi

NO STEALTHER? Oh thats it I am going to make one!

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt roll one, not if your gonna solo, just roll a inf :p I rolled reaver 'cos I thought that it would be a fun class to play in groups, well.. thats that idea out the window! :)

Asran

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I remember Justinian and Whyp (Paladin + Reaver) owning 23 Hib stealthers back in OF Odin's, those were the times. :D

Whyp/Pin was the best player i ever saw :) I can well believe this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom