Stealth

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
OK hers my question to you all (nightshades and rangers more)

is there a big difference between 35 and 30 stealth??

will be very soon rr4 so that means +14 to stealth.

im thinking of this spec:

35 bow
30 stealth
39 blades
39 cd
25 PF

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Im guessing for a ranger it would be the difference between life and death, but there are more experienced players to comment on this.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I did my best to keep my stealth at a modded 50
even when I was RR3
But respec stones were cheaper at the time
sometimes I see other rangers so far away I cringe

but with a decent level of MoS you can see that assassin early enough to avoid the PA, go mos2 at least and 3 if you can afford it
if you keep a GS javelin, or a charge item with a decent range on it and pop em before they perf ya

scouts and hunters with camo up will either slam you outta stealth or rear stun you with that nasty spear chain

I'd also bump PF to 27 for the next DA and drop CD a little for a better return

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
or instead of using a charge item he could just use the NS insta spell :p
but imo having mod 50stealth is a must..altho i always wanna be able to get that PA off on other stealthers!!! :twak:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im running atm 35 stealth +13 and mos3

so 30 + 13 and mos3 suxx i understand

and im blades (malice + battler) so i should use blades styles or CD styles?

fireblades chain is good

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
(invisibletank) said:
but imo having mod 50stealth is a must..altho i always wanna be able to get that PA off on other stealthers!!! :twak:

True, but he's a ranger ;)

I'm 39 blades 41 CD 36 PF
with 50 modded stealth I try for side stun then the ASD blades chain then squall as my anytime

You'll probably have less chance to get the CD side stun chain off with that lvl of stealth, so i'd go for the ASD chain then squall/blinding rain as backup
check the growth rates here
http://www.classesofcamelot.com/other/styles/Hibernia.htm

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
I'd also bump PF to 27 for the next DA and drop CD a little for a better return

Totally agree, but I understand how difficult speccing a hybrid ranger is.

You could use CD styles and (Wyrrd) spec to a modded 50/51 blades (dropping from 39 to 37+13 for example) to bump up your PF.

Also, modded 50 stealth is really worth it unless your a melee ranger who doesn't mind being spotted first.

If you go MoS3, i recommend using your bow and rapid fire to pop assassins if your good at fast weapon switch/target (it takes a lot of practice, but it's a buzz when you get it right in rvr). The damage always makes em jump and gives you the initiative, plus you can land a dot or other effect.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
(invisibletank) said:

you are confused a bit, couse this thread is about ranger stealth, not for the NS im rolling, well hapens :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yes 27 pf would be nice but as i want 39 blades for fireblade/spectrum blade chain and 35 stealth minimum, allso 36 + 14 or so on cd (rr5 would be 51) i can t go higher pf than 23 (35 bow is a minimum for me) sometimes i feel sad that i didnt autotrain....so specc

35 bow
39 blades (great chain)
36 cd (still be able to use cd enytime)
35 stealth
23 pf (for the 40 af buff)

i think that should be ok (hopefully)

btw guys, thx for asistance

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
unless im mistaken stealth also effects if you go visable when drawing bow.

for normal shot i think its stealth x 2 to remain stealthed.
for crit shot stealth x 2 -20%

So for having 50 stealth you will undtealth less, be spotted less by other stealthers and move faster.
i would try to go for 50.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
you are confused a bit, couse this thread is about ranger stealth, not for the NS im rolling, well hapens :)

ah mmk..soz i just seen u post alot about NS temp etc..etc.. recently so assumed.
remember kids...

Assumtion is the mother of all fuk-ups :twak:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
remember that mos aided detection has nothing to do with your stealth unless your stealth is so low that the radius around you which non aided mos detection picks you up is greater than the mos detection range of your opponent.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
remember that mos aided detection has nothing to do with your stealth unless your stealth is so low that the radius around you which non aided mos detection picks you up is greater than the mos detection range of your opponent.

say that three times fast. ^^

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
(invisibletank) said:
ah mmk..soz i just seen u post alot about NS temp etc..etc.. recently so assumed.
remember kids...

Assumtion is the mother of all fuk-ups :twak:

good point there m8

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
ok, now that i know that 35 stealth is a must for me, id like to ask bit about PF!!

i posted a specc bit up
Kaun_IA said:
35 bow
39 blades (great chain)
36 cd (still be able to use cd enytime)
35 stealth
23 pf (for the 40 af buff)

and thought a bit, DA on that i think is kinda useless, couse i have 31 atm, and havent seen eny benefits at all (6 dmg usually more). then again i have higher af buff, but then if id lower my PF i could get 44 blades and 36 cd (pf would be 11 = 24 af)

what would be better??

then one posted above or

44 blades
39 cd
35 stealth
35 bow
11 pf

im 50/50 both melee and bow. i myself think that higher pf wount have much benefit for me as the higher melee specc. i know that my af will be lower whit the lower af buff, but will it matter so much? for pure melee rangers its a great thing to have.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Just gonna clearify some things about stealth, and finding a soft point is your own personal preference.

Camoflague: Avaible to Rangers - has a 10 min out of combat timer. It negates all mos effects. So stealth detection is purely based on your stealth compared to your opponents. For instance vs. a MoS 5 scout with 30+15 (45) against your 35+15 (50) and your camo is on you will see him from a greater distance than if he can see you.

Detect Hidden: Avaible to Nightshades - Always active. Increases your detection range but is also negated by Camoflague. So your MoS 0, 35+15 stealth Nightshade vs. an enemy MoS 0, 35+15 Ranger WITHOUT camo - you will detect him from a greater range, if the Ranger HAS camo up the detect range will be equal.

Mastery of Stealth (MoS): Increases your detection range and movement speed by 5%. MoS effects will negate one another. So your MoS 4 Ranger vs. an enemy MoS 3 ranger will enable you to detect him first. (Camo is not included in this.)

I don't know the exact stealth detection parameters for the diffrent specs.

But since you can spec MoS it's probably possible for you to spec 30+11+rr mod asuming you have like MoS 4+ and that you will accept the fact that camoflauged people will be almost invisble to you, and that shades, infils and sb's will see you miles off, However with a high mos you will see them in return. Keep in mind that someone with an equal MoS to yours won't be visible. So having to spend so many RA points into MoS lowering your actual "combat action" capeabilities seems severe to me compared to those extra 96+ spec points you could put into stealth.

So in the end I would probably recommend out of experience that you aim for a combined of 45+ stealth and MoS 4. Or 47-48+ and MoS 3. Your a ranger and by the sound of it your not planning to crit shot people in stealth and you don't have the vital need to land a PA like shades does so a low stealth is not your doom. And as your "only" (no offence) rr3, soon to be 4 - Those points spend in MoS 4 takes up, imo, far too many of your RA points at this time. So as these nice people already have recommended 34-35 spec stealth is probably the way to go for you at the moment.
Currently I'm running with 32+16=48 MoS 2, It's a bit low and I'm thinking of respeccing to MoS 3 again. I'm 50 cd, 34 blade, 32 stealth, 31 pf, spare in bow though, so a pure melee orientated spec - which in the end means I don't mind if people see me miles off, if they pick a fight I'll be sure to give them a challenge.
Closing in on RR7 to a combined 49 stealth, but I must admit I can't tell much diffrence from these last points.

Not gonna comment much on the pf issue...The speedburst at 25 is your friend. The DA at 27 adds rougly 15-20 damage a hit for me so I wouldn't consider that a waste of points.
You might consider going for a wyrd spec, which means speccing 34-39 blade and 44+ cd. Anything beyond 50 or 51, (I'm not sure whenever it's a final of 50 or 51, there has been so many discussions and tests over this and I'm not sure - if anyone think they know for certain feel free to speak out, not that it really makes any diffrence.) weaponspec is only going to increase your style damage with the respective weaponspec, however raising cd beyond the combined 51, will increase your offhand swing rate. Calculated as 25+0.68*spec. Aswell as it will increase your cd style damage. Just imo the Squall spamming > Fireblade chain but it's just as said a personal reference.

Khainai Angels - ML10 Battlemaster Silverhand Ranger of Excalibur.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
thx for the long, informative post, so i have thought about this..........

44cd
36blades
35 stealth
11pf
35 bow(like it too much)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:

44cd
36blades
35 stealth
11pf
35 bow(like it too much)

Probably the way to go... At higher RR's lower stealth and blades alike and put the rest of the points into either cd of pf.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:

44cd
36blades
35 stealth
11pf
35 bow(like it too much)

39 blades
You can't undervalue a 30% asd
you will gain very little extra style dmg between 41 and 44 CD
the 30% attack speed debuff at 39 blades will do you more good

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
so something like this??

41cd
39blades
35stealth
12pf
35bow

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry but im gonna stick my oar in again, apologies if this makes decisions more difficult but taking path at under 26 you are doing yourself a disservice.

Path is not about AF, its about your damage adder and, to a lesser extent, your speed burst.

39 blades is a luxury i (personal opinion of course) think a hybrid ranger cannot afford at the expense of PF.

I tend to agree with Solari on spec other than this, remember Aiteal is a melee ranger and as such can afford the 39 Blade spec when you can get a modded 50 with 36.

I know i always bang the PF drum, but I think you should take a look at the comparisons for damage output from the critshot forums for an informed view. Some very interesting tests done there but the figures are solid (I was a sceptic for a long time myself).

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Depends if you like to strafe abuse too. Aiteal looks for advantages he can gain in a straight up toe-to-toe as he refuses to strafe to get ice storm off. so for him the 39 blades asd is a very usefull tool for gaining advantage.

the difference afaik is that with 39 blades you get an anytime 30% attack spd decrease move, where as if you just use CD moves you can only get a 15% asd.

final decision is up to you.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i personally for a hybrid ranger non-autotrained @ RR4 would be tempted to try something like:

35 Bow
39 blades
36 PF
36 stealth
21 CD

you would lose 13.6% chance to offhand swing but would gain some handy DPS from the 7.3 dps dmg add. would have to use blades styles almost exclusively though, apart from ice storm opener when poss. and abuse the asd anytime chain.

but, and BUT i dont have a ranger @ 50 and i could quite possibly be talking out my ass...just wanted to post to show there is prolly more than 1 way to skin a cat etc.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
ok, i have decided after hours of reading critshot and your posts!!

im going to give this specc a go.......well if it dont work out......to bad (got a spare full respecc atm so no worrys)

41cd
39blades
35bow
35stealth
12pf

not the best, but i want to see what can i do whit it

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
very similar to my wife's ranger spec (if you swapped blades for pierce @ wyrd and bumped stealth 1/2 points)

and @ RR3 she does well enough 1v1 in melee so i cant see why it wouldnt work with blades with asd.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
ok, i have decided after hours of reading critshot and your posts!!

im going to give this specc a go.......well if it dont work out......to bad (got a spare full respecc atm so no worrys)

41cd
39blades
35bow
35stealth
12pf

not the best, but i want to see what can i do whit it

Sorry for the confusion, we mean well :)

Good luck :cheers:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
ok rvrd a bit and all i can say, i do alot better in melee tahn i did, more dmg and the baldes debuff chain is insane.......thx guys, eally helped me alot

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I have to agree with Tallen that states that PF just isn't about the AF but the DA and to some point the speed 11 or 12 pf seems low, I tend to go with 27,31 or to the extreme extend 36 but at rr4 I think it takes up too many points.
You could drop your stealth a point or so if your short on specpoints.

Two things neff doesn't consider when speccing 39 blades is that your style damage will drop from your respective 39 blade spec - to the 44 cd. CD get's as said the Icestorm chain but you also got the Blinding Rain - Blizzard way to go for a spd debuff. I do admit that mostly I would asume it's a 50 cd, to a weapon spec for wyrd specs but it works fine with 44 aswell. Second thing is that your Fire Blade, Spectrum blade will take up far more end than a squall spam, roughly 20% from a ranger without end bonus, considering your target doesn't parry/block/evade ect.

I would probably go like

35 bow
34 stealth
44 cd
34 blade
18 pf

or

35 bow
35 stealth
44 blade
21 cd
31 pf

depending on whenever you want a wyrd spec or not.
It's just a personal reference, if you like your spec try it out, always a time to respec later.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
I have to agree with Tallen that states that PF just isn't about the AF but the DA and to some point the speed 11 or 12 pf seems low, I tend to go with 27,31 or to the extreme extend 36 but at rr4 I think it takes up too many points.
You could drop your stealth a point or so if your short on specpoints.

Two things neff doesn't consider when speccing 39 blades is that your style damage will drop from your respective 39 blade spec - to the 44 cd. CD get's as said the Icestorm chain but you also got the Blinding Rain - Blizzard way to go for a spd debuff. I do admit that mostly I would asume it's a 50 cd, to a weapon spec for wyrd specs but it works fine with 44 aswell. Second thing is that your Fire Blade, Spectrum blade will take up far more end than a squall spam, roughly 20% from a ranger without end bonus, considering your target doesn't parry/block/evade ect.

I would probably go like

35 bow
34 stealth
44 cd
34 blade
18 pf

or

35 bow
35 stealth
44 blade
21 cd
31 pf

depending on whenever you want a wyrd spec or not.
It's just a personal reference, if you like your spec try it out, always a time to respec later.

thx for the input, but atm i like my new specc, if its still not what i want i got a full respecc on vault....

censi

Can't get enough of FH
imo blades sux too.

but im weak luwi.

this is a decent enough spec like solari said. it aint too important really.

35 bow
34 stealth
44 cd
34 blade
18 pf

make it poke and pack duel leggies is best advice I could ever really give...

at low rank get the timers. WH som, malice or battler on back, Have FZ,

u will give intermiedete assasins a run for their money imo. purge 3 then IP2, then mos. The timers will win u fights, nothing else about the ranger class is gonna win the fight for you tbh. (though nice side stun chain opener will help)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom