+ Stealth skill question?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ive always believed that having +11 in stealth in template is a must.

But after I done the hunter template I have been told that I dont need to put +11 in template but I can lets say... have a shield with +7 in stealth with another item that makes +11 and all I'd have to do is equip the shield, stealth up and then switch back to 2hd or bow and still keep the stealth even tho after swapping the stealth is 43 and not 50.

If this is true would this work for lets say... infil with xbow, nightshade with what ever, minstrel with what ever, shadowblade with throwing knives and scout etc...

Nibble

Part of the furniture
i dont think that works mate, not 100% tho like u say otherwise there would be aload of assasin temps with +11 stealth switchouts just to stealth

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
I believe it works, your stealth-effectiviness is determined the moment you enter stealth, like when you apply poison to a weapon, you can switch out the gear afterwards and you're fine.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Reason i did not use it like that is, when you have to stealth fast and dont have time to switch the item, you will have focked up stealth :p

And i mostly forget to switch the crap out :p

ileks

Part of the furniture
Surely you make templates to avoid doing shit like that :p I think forgetting to equip the stealth item would be more detrimental than having slightly gimped stats.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
It works but I always forget to switch before stealthing !

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ive always believed that having +11 in stealth in template is a must.

But after I done the hunter template I have been told that I dont need to put +11 in template but I can lets say... have a shield with +7 in stealth with another item that makes +11 and all I'd have to do is equip the shield, stealth up and then switch back to 2hd or bow and still keep the stealth even tho after swapping the stealth is 43 and not 50.

If this is true would this work for lets say... infil with xbow, nightshade with what ever, minstrel with what ever, shadowblade with throwing knives and scout etc...

It works, you keep your effective stealth at which you enter it. However most stealthers wanna keep all weapon-slots used for something else (e.g. Battler, Malice, Champ-weapon for their charge).

For an X-Bow on an INF it is pretty viable if you make a habit out of equipping it just before you stealth. For hunters it is OK as well as you can put it on a shield which you will never use nor get an arti /use on it as a hunter.

Rangers and Nightshades do not have an available ranged-slot to put +8 stealth on and you don't want it on your primary weapons or ruin your Malice/Battler/Champ-charge. Same goes for scouts and minstrels; they simply don't have a 'spare' slot to switch with quickbar to before stealthing and would have to wiggle around in inventory ---> bad if you wanna stealth fast.

In short: It works, but practically speaking only viable for INF's and Hunters.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I do that on my mincer.. +7 stlth on my harp:)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
There are much easier things to nerf these days in a template and with the items we have now why bother ?

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
actually i could bother switch envenom items to poison weapons, for going stealthed i preffer setting it on template, cba running away and putting pijama to stealth and then an arrow gets stuck on my head through my nerfed gear lol (or losing "charged items" like artis) :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
since mythic dont give a shit u can just write some code that does it all for you - press 1 button to swap items and stealth, press another button to swap items and venom all your weapons.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
since mythic dont give a shit u can just write some code that does it all for you - press 1 button to swap items and stealth, press another button to swap items and venom all your weapons.

I wish it was legal (it isn't?) and could do that, even tho i dunno how to do it lol:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom