Stealth Movement Question (re: item swapping)

G

Goryk

I'm not exactly a newbie, but theres something I wouldn't mind getting cleared up which has been bugging me for a while. If I stealth with say 34+16 stealth (including some of the item bonuses on my weapons) and then switch to an instrument without +stealth, will my effective stealth stay at 50 while I am stealthed. I'd always assumed that your effective stealth would lower immediately, but I know that when I was lower elvel with 10+8 stealth, my running animation when stealthed would be a walk. When I switched to my +2 stealth sword, I'd see no visible effect. However, if I uncovered myself and restealthed, I would be running at a slow run. Swapping out of the weapn when stealthed would leave me still runnign at the same, increased speed. This would indicate to me, that your stealth speed is determined at the point of stealth, and changes to your skill don't have any effect after you are stealthed. Is this the same for your stealth bubble of detection?

I need to know whether there is any point in putting stealth on my instruments, or just stealthing with my weapon and sword out (total +8 stealth bonus) then switching to my drums (no stealth bonus) with no penalty...

Thanks

Egg - Minstrel
Goryk - Infiltrator
Xanthaar - Friar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom