Stealth Lore nerfed...

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Stealth Lore has been changed to only last either 30, 60 or 90 seconds when used depending on item. So now more like a poor mans TS and no more 'always on' SL.

Well this means that SL artifacts are no longer a requirement for stealthers. The yanks are pretty pissed off that they spent the last 3 months exping these artifacts though. :m00:

Heres the thread..

http://vnboards.ign.com/Albion_Rogue_Professions/b20906/63815781/?50

Heres some of the text...

Fredegarr said:
Basic Stealth Lore, Stealth Lore, and Greater Stealth Lore have had their durations reduced to 30, 60, and 90 seconds respectively. The bonus to stealth detection granted by these abilities has also been moderately increased. The intent is to make these bonuses very effective in helping to find enemy stealthers in specific situations (for example, after an enemy stealther has killed several realmmates in an area). Currently, the bonus granted is too low with such a long duration that it’s basically “always on"

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
It's not a bad thing that you don't HAVE to get a stealth lore item. No doubt that many will dispite the nerf of them.

Times like these make me happy that Europe is running behind USA in the patches. :D

Cyfr

Banned
Well thats bloody great. Fucked my 25stealth ranger up :(

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
must agree.
these was one of those items what made me think if its worth to continue playing daoc.
sadly look like eu get patched whit toa to 1.67, so we need waite this fix summer (4 month).

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Got to admit I've always seen it as a bonus that we're a few patches behind the US. We at least know what's coming and don't get humped stupid like they do :)

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
This is great news. I wasnt looking forward to SL at all. I dont like being FORCED to have something that i dont really want, just to compete. I had to do that once with a Buffbot already :p

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Ahh so this is what they mean by "stealth nerfs"

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Turns out it could actually be worse now, because although it isnt "always on" it is much more powerful while it is active. Basically a Truesight for assasins.
Will have to wait and judge for ourselves i guess. If i last that long.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
Turns out it could actually be worse now, because although it isnt "always on" it is much more powerful while it is active. Basically a Truesight for assasins.
Will have to wait and judge for ourselves i guess. If i last that long.

/agree
when i first saw this i thought "hrrm nerfed". then i thought about it a bit longer and realised its actually a blood big boost to steath lore.

now everyone can have their own mini-truesight and you can only be immune to it for 30-90 sec instead of 10min.

Jamblasticus

Fledgling Freddie
Advice to euro players, everyone who plays a tank, enjoy the battler while you can, currently the proc on it is increasing dmg by 20-50%. Gonna be nerfed down to 10% in 1.68

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Jenkz said:
/agree
when i first saw this i thought "hrrm nerfed". then i thought about it a bit longer and realised its actually a blood big boost to steath lore.

now everyone can have their own mini-truesight and you can only be immune to it for 30-90 sec instead of 10min.

So the people hunting for stealthers will use it at milegates and see a horde of Infils/Sb's/Ns's walking away at mach 0.5... And Stealthers will use it when they see a group running in a circle near them, clearly looking for something...

I think it's still nerfed because now a Infil don't HAVE to get a SL item because half of the population has one. As they can use it only for a short time anyway. Before the change you were forced to get one, because the chance that a stealther or some one else with one activated was very large.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
actually.. when you use a SL charge atm it brings you out of stealth.. so if a grp of ppl are circling for you, the chances of you having it up is slim to none so just keep walking away and preying! ;)

Yes it will be used as an offensive tool at choke points much like scout TS is now.. just will mean stealthers will have to be a bit more creative then they are now. :)

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
i was looking forward to everything that made stealther life harder, cause its just to many assasins, archers around, its just not fun, fotm nubbers will quit, those who likes the class will stay

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
my point was:

before: everyone was forced to get at least 1, maybe 2 SL items to have SL up always... this basically meant a month or whatever of PvE to keep your stealth where it was currently.

now: you are right, nobody is forced to get SL, just means if you have it you have your own mini-truesight....

how that is a "nerf" is beyond me :p gonna annoy a lot of stealthers who thought having 1 or 2 stealthlore items meant they could play with immunity to SL. now there is no "immunity" by having it up always ..

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Well nerf or not thats the way it's going to be. Really depends if you were going to get one I think... if not, it's a nerf because they won't see you (stealther) all the time, if you are getting one then it's a boost, because a stealther is not immune all the time.

And I didn't know it popped you out of stealth... Was it a node of some sort that let you see some one is moving around?

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Currently when you 'use' the SL item, it brings you out of stealth to cast the effect. You then have to re-stealth. So my point was that if a grp suddenly run towards the MG at speed, most stealthers wont have time to 'use' SL as this would expose them.

SL is no way as powerfull as TS, the range is a lot less. A non-stealther using SL will be able to see a stealther b4 they PA but thats about it.

The node you are talking about is a ML ability called PN (forget what the P stands for). These nodes can be placed anywhere. Originally if a stealther walked into its range then any member of the realm who casted the PN could see the stealther unless they walked out of range.

PN was nerfed into a less range and changed to 'pulse', may even check the stealth lvl of the enemy too. So if they walk into range now theres a chance that they will be exposed for a couple of seconds then dissapear again. This was actually one of my ideas before this change happened so Im gunna get onto mythic about a monetary reward. :p

All in all, ToA has made it harder for stealthers to camp MGs, PKs etc. Its all good fun. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom