Stealth Advice

W

Wicoa

I need advice?

Im a scout (and proud of it) level 35 (currently).

Stealth is about 20 atm. Is there any real reason for me to take it to 30. I originally wanted it at 39 but with the new patch destroying the stealth mode for archers I ask high levels is there much point. I could take it to 25 then bring my weapon up to do decent damage.

Im not an infiltrator, therefore theres no real skill application to stealth e.g climbing walls + I dont strike from stealth mode.

Can anyone help me think about this please?

J

Jupitus

well I'm no real expert, but the way I see it is that your stealth is best used to get you into position to hit enemies other then other stealthers. Putting lots of points in stealth may make you harder for infils to spot, but ultimately its not going to do a great deal for you overall. If an infil can spot you through new skills etc, you are likely gonna get hit. I think if I was in that position, I would rather use spec points to improve other areas.

I am sure some scouts will have better advice :)

Jup.

S

SFXman

But then again.... speccing in thrust after the detaunt at L18 won't help you much. As if you will be killing anything in RvR with a damn toothpick anyway... just spec thrust to 15 or 18, then go for 42 shield and stealth and bow with the points leftover in a way you feel is right.

W

Wicoa

Yeah I should have gone slash damn it hehe. Thrust = 15 atm so it can stay there. I could even take shield to 50 Muahhhhah.

G

Gef

I'm taking my stealth to 30 and no higher, like you say there is no need for a Scout to be in the middle of a battlefield anyway. Skirt around the edges and pick people off. The only reason you need stealth in RvR is when you are soloing, or trying to get yourself in a good sniping position. I am aiming for:

30 - Stealth
25 - Thrust
42 - Shield
50 - Longbow

Plus with 30 Stealth you will find a lot of items to boost it up anyway so should get past 40 easily, IMO thats plenty.

If you want good advice for archers, go to http://critshot.com/ its an american site but they know what they are talking about ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom