News Stealing a motorbike? just don't wear a skid-lid

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
BBC News - No helmet motorbike theft suspect killed in Manchester

"Officers saw the thieves escaping but were told not to pursue - because they were not wearing helmets.
During the raid at the Manchester Motorbike Store on 12 August, officers spotted the criminals fleeing on a Yamaha R1, a Honda 1000 Fireblade and a Honda CBR 600.
They sought guidance from a senior officer but were told not to pursue the thieves, which was in line with national policy.
Instead they watched as three people rode off on the bikes worth £17,000."

One of the suspects died after colliding with a van while not wearing a helmet which I have to say I think was poetic justice.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
indeed. shit you you thieving twat.

but you just know the family of the dead scumbag will blame the police in some way.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
One of the suspects died after colliding with a van while not wearing a helmet which I have to say I think was poetic justice.

haahah

good riddance, fucking scum

also, the police are not allowed to purse if there is a danger to members of the public/themselves, including the scrotes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it's still a biketheft, not like they're murderers :eek7:

Or is this one of those instances where you're supposed to go; Every criminal should hang!

And all that bullcrap?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
if he hadnt stolen the bike
he wouldnt have been on it
it wouldnt have happened

->

it was self inflicted

i could give a shit

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well it's still a biketheft, not like they're murderers :eek7:

Indeed.

edit: Mabs, that's fine but I think it's fair enough not to chase them if there's a reasonable assumption that they could be killed in the pursuit. Sure, if they were kidnapping someone or there was a life and death reason to stop them, but for a bike? Let them get away and pursue them through other means when there's no immediate danger to anyone.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I've had a couple of very expensive bikes stolen, so obviously I'm not the worlds biggest fan of bike thieves. However, a bike is probably more dangerous to other drivers when being ridden irratically than a car is. People will still try to get out of the way, but a decent bike is capable of much greater excelleration, faster speeds and is much more manuverable. Obviously pursuing one with a determined rider is going to be a very tricky and dangerous business for all involved and for joe public. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want to try and catch a 449cc Kawasaki in a built up area, reguardless of whether the rider was wearing a helmet or not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As people have said, they shouldn't chase motorbikes and in this case they didn't, the police have done nothing wrong.

Anyway I can't say I care that some thieving **** has managed to off himself in the process of committing a crime, not exactly a loss to society is it? Maybe if he got a job or something he wouldn't be dead.

In short. Scumbag dies due to limited intelligence, self owned.

rynnor

Rockhound
I cant beleive they dont do a Lady Di version - that was the most noxious display of public grief for someone they never met and didnt know :p

Edit - 'Yore in hevin now!' (sic).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Indeed.

edit: Mabs, that's fine but I think it's fair enough not to chase them if there's a reasonable assumption that they could be killed in the pursuit. Sure, if they were kidnapping someone or there was a life and death reason to stop them, but for a bike? Let them get away and pursue them through other means when there's no immediate danger to anyone.

eh nath? The police didn't pursue them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
eh nath? The police didn't pursue them.

Well no wonder you lot have difficulty discussing things if you make misunderstandings like this :p

Nath said it's fair enough that they didn't chase.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As people have said, they shouldn't chase motorbikes and in this case they didn't, the police have done nothing wrong.

Anyway I can't say I care that some thieving **** has managed to off himself in the process of committing a crime, not exactly a loss to society is it? Maybe if he got a job or something he wouldn't be dead.

In short. Scumbag dies due to limited intelligence, self owned.

I agree, on the basis that they knew that by not wearing helmets they would not be pursued and hence caught.... serves them right in those circumstances.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Scum, fuck 'em, doubt they will be missed apart from by their crack smoking Nans :eek:

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Random comment from the MEN:

R.I.P BOBBY,LOVE YA TA BITS,,SLEEP TIGHT SOLJA,,, SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE XX

To be honest, you couldn't make this shit up if you tried. My sympathies are with the van driver, who through no fault of his own is now both traumatised and probably lumped with a big bill or bloody complicated insurance claim.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Random comment from the MEN:

To be honest, you couldn't make this shit up if you tried. My sympathies are with the van driver, who through no fault of his own is now both traumatised and probably lumped with a big bill or bloody complicated insurance claim.

Yeah, something like that isn't just something you shake off, and presumably he relies on driving for his living, that must be a pretty terrible thing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit of speculation going on here;

Was the van or biker at fault? Atleast i didn't find any info one way or other.

Did they know about the no chase policy? They could've just gone for a quick grab.

Are their whole families junkies, chavs and/or similar? I wouldn't judge a whole family on an individual.

Hell for all we know, the van driver might enjoy taking out bikers on dark roads :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom