State of Midgard

Brite

Banned
I recently come back for a short while to play again, i did the same at christmas, and there has been a massive change since then, i thought it was bad at christmas but now its really bad.

Mids seem mostly to have rolled fotm's, the guild groups have left, this makes it almost impossible to make a balenced group anymore. People are rolling zerg classes and classes to camp keeps with, which means if you can get a seer for your group or any kind of utility class its going to get pissed off due to being relied upon too much and the group not working beacuse its 7 casters and a healer. And when someone with a utility class gives up it gets even worse beacuse with toa now u cant just PL one to 50 and go rvr

After all the whine about guild groups that have been, its the guild groups everybody misses now, no guild group to look at for optimum set up for even your random group, this does make a difference beacuse if a guild group does well people will learn from it and the way they do things

There is no communication, even on raids people dont really listen, i know the alliances have been merged but imo guilds are still too small, we need to merge guilds i think and communicate a bit better, there is no pad anymore, no way of seeing who is out and whos going where no time for a bit of friendly chat or banter, i think if they had left the pad in... even with a shorter port time just to get to outside svas then nf wouldnt have been so bad

what im trying to say is Play the utility class, overall its going to be more fun when you succeed, try be more friendly with people, i see lots of new names now most likely peoples new fotms but i dont know who you are and lets try get some half decent groups together so we can compete beacuse its much better than run out die /rel or camping a tower for 5 hours solo :m00:

Brite

Banned
Tesla Monkor said:
I'd never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Brite for a change.

dont say it noooo .... nooooooo i'm melting bleeeeehhh

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
i still play my aug healer... But yeah we need more healers and shammys, and ofc more fighting will ^^

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
we need a bigger population, WoW must be destroyed!!

lets hope catacombs brings people back....

Jollz

Loyal Freddie
Thanks for bringing this up its made me drag my old healer from the depth and start to kit him out for rvr :clap:

Martok

Part of the furniture
i know i dont play mid on pry but i have missed you guys come out and we can all have fun and squash teh hibs and then eachother :clap:

I miss the Big trolls and the little kobbies and i most of all miss all the norsewomen GIV :m00:

I miss mids in RvR come out and play and ill wub you forever.

Brite

Banned
Martok said:
i know i dont play mid on pry but i have missed you guys come out and we can all have fun and squash teh hibs and then eachother

I miss the Big trolls and the little kobbies and i most of all miss all the norsewomen GIV

I miss mids in RvR come out and play and ill wub you forever.

what about monkehs ! omg :(

i spent ages getting my bb MLs and a decent toa setup so maybe could get some groups on it, even 42a 33cave spec but moa nerf 48a 24(+13 all skills ^^) cave now but still if you want a shame nag me if your desperate... and if you want a bd aswell :confused: :eek2:

Martok

Part of the furniture
well i realy didnt like steam rolling you this evening but you were just there... ill wub any class that gives a fair fight or a fg vs fg fight :fluffle:

Mids were always good @ that even in a zerg lol ^^

come back and i can have my fun again and i dont mean around bled bridge!!

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I also totally agree with Brite :)

I was in control of the mids at scath t4 and had a few ideas on how to proceed with attempting to take 1 of the 2 relics but tbh there were bigger problems to deal with than the hibs blabbing.

I took over the BG after we had already lost the initiative unfortunately and we were trying to assemble a force rdy to move out but i soon realised mid has problems when there were no pac healers and sb's in the bg lol. We were sieged by the hibs in t4 and without CC from our pac healers we were dead in teh water and it was only a matter of time until we got worn down and overrun - also hibs had greater numbers and as usual were way more efficient.

Some issues needing to be looked at imo are:

Lack of crowd control - why are most healers going aug spec - we NEED ae mezz and stun to stand a chance against well organised hibs.

Where are the sb's? - sb's (high ml even more valuable) are a great asset to any relic or even keep taking force.

Mids still lack leaders in RvR - Im far from being uber experienced (in RvR) and im sure there must be ppl with greater knowledge to run things.

I woudl like to say a big thanks to the hunters who were scouting the bk's and other places in hib - they did a fine job :)

Martok

Part of the furniture
giv me a new account giv me pl to 50 and ml 10 pl and ill play a pac healer for ya :kissit:

Jarumda

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
Where are the sb's? - sb's (high ml even more valuable) are a great asset to any relic or even keep taking force.

Well... thats a first :eek6:

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Jarumda said:
Well... thats a first :eek6:
shocking aint it that sb's can be useful lol - mebbe im being really outragous but when i play mine i quite like gettin involved in keep takes and sieges - i mean what other class can climb inside a keep reporting movements and kill the enemy on the oil spot?

Everyone must think im mad saying sb's can do something other than solo/add at Bled bridge/docks hehe

Martok said:
giv me a new account giv me pl to 50 and ml 10 pl and ill play a pac healer for ya
You hardly need to be lev50 and ml10 to ae mezz so I guess sadly its just a case of nobody actually wants to play the role of crowd controller much now :(

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
When the catacombs next week is going to be available, and everyone has a change to take advantage of using his/her own personal dungeon (and get PLed to lvl 50 in no time), amount of "gimp" players will grow in big numbers..

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Bibi said:
Naive :) U cant get RvR ppl back with PvE addon :)
If RvR addons are NF-style shit ... please give more PvE addons, thanks. Less game damage ftw.

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda nice to hear that utility classes are still needed, but TBH do not think there are that many shamans out there anymore that is played and hasn’t been substituted with a BB. I’ve tried to keep playing mi fat shami troll, but after standing around in a few keeps waiting for someone to let me join a group went back to the realms and did some useful like pulling mobs in Moderna and casting my PF from time to time…. Pfffftt…. Some would say that I wasn’t that good a shaman, but since playing 1 active since beta US and never lack a group out there with my 2 shamis that shouldn’t be the real reason. Nor sure why mids seems to have forgotten that shamis can so much more than just buff peps.

For playing a healer, well… After listening to peps saying mezz that, why don’t you heal me, rezz me, do this, do that, kinda put that toon on the shelves. Note that you doesn’t that often hear a healer go, “HIT him…. NO… From the left… and then the Thurgist.. Why ya don’t hit the thurgist… and now slam him..”. I think since that is the tanks jobs, you tank, and we’ll play the healers, buffers, as good as we can.

That is a part of working together too. Invite peps to groups, and let them do the best job they can and hope they get better all the time.

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
If RvR addons are NF-style shit ... please give more PvE addons, thanks. Less game damage ftw.

Indeed ! Thats whay most of RvR ppl moved even they need to do all PvE in another game.

PS! Daoc interuption code is total shit :)

Axe

Fledgling Freddie
Are there random group anymore, if so please tell me where you meet up :cheers: . I play when I can so I can't go on organised raids/rvr. I used to be able to get groups in emain or at the pad. These days I end up running miles to a keep that is under siege only to be ganked as I play a healer or a warrior.

Even when I do find some people they are all running around doing there own thing (bit like that kid off Sesame street :wij: ). The good old days of random groups are over. The advertising for players window is a waste of time :eek7:

Thats my whine over :)

devaline

Fledgling Freddie
I know what u mean blue ...but as pac healer got all hibs at scath t4 mezzed and what was the response??? all mids doing aoe spells :eek7: ...ok then i aoe stunned but 8 secs is not enought...i think if the ppl r more organised we can do it better.
Ofc i love u all mids and if u ask me for a pox ill give u :fluffle:

stoptryingtohitme

Fledgling Freddie
its not just Mid thats like that. Its albs 2. You try getting a grp in alb if you arnt in Kupo Flux or The Regiante. like you said, no one wants random groups any more, i was at surs the other day, hibs trying to hold a tower, about 7/8 of us, 3/4 hibs, not even a BG, i try and invite ppl and they just dont want to know... your not alone... :mad:

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
If ppl wouldnt Request that u have

ML 10 fully toaed healer etc or wotever i woiuldn tmind playing my pac healer but the fact is i CBA to kit out a healer and then do all the fecking ml steps just to satisfy ppl ....
a healer hardly can solo anything so it makes no sence that u ask em to have all the stuff .... as long as u got a suite that got all resists mend and stats that healer needs its allready good ... imo ..

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry :eek6:
I did a search for something found this thread, posted. then saw it was from last year. so deleted what I posted (sorry for waking you all up) :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Irony of it is though - a year later and Brite still has a valid point to this day :p

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
This is funny, ppl hoping for catacombs to arrive and to stop the rolling of FOTM classes... and Catacombs gave us the Warlock, lol the irony. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom