Stat caps clarified

M

mirieth

Cheers for that. Seems sensible now it has been clarified. :)

P

Puppetmistress

Think no one will think: "Wow, this ring gives 30 dex, 30 strgth", let's change that ring "12 dex, 18 strgth" I am wearing. Too bad I loose also "8% body, 5% energy".

How are the odds you find a piece of jewelry with more of the same stats ?

N

nerve

Pfffffffffffft

From the Herald:

"Why are we doing this? Currently, if someone has all (or some) of their stats at the cap, they have no reason to use any new equipment that they find. For example your Strength and Dex are both at cap, and you find a ring that is +30 Str and +30 Dex. Why would you use this ring? It is a great ring with great stats, but because yours are already capped, it is useless to you. With Overcapping, you could and would use this ring to take your stats above the Optimal Stat Level. This gives more flexibility for how you use stats on your character, and gives a purpose for all of the great items that you are finding out there."

LOL, what a load of bollockx. They are definitely speaking of 'EXTREMELY DIMINISHED RETURNS' when going over your old cap... I wish they'd do something useful with their time, not implement some shite nobody has any use for. Un-nerf scouts for example, further balance the realms and characters...

Jeez...

S

Sibanac

the +hit cap is ok aswell as the +pow if pow would be % and not points

A

Apathy

An extra 20 or so DEX or whatever...how much of a difference is that going to make when you were already capped anyway?

a.

S

Slinker

I really dont like the sound of all this .

On the other hand, if you want to specialize in one or two stats, you can setup your Spellcraft template to overcap those stats. You could technically take your Strength to 400 for example, but the benefits you gain from taking it that far above your Optimal Stat Level are minimal and the amount of stat points that you would have to give up elsewhere (like in Constitution), would make this an unwise choice for most people. While you might hit a little harder (due to diminishing returns), you would have MANY less hitpoints (because the Constitution you are giving up is below the Optimal Stat Level and therefore giving you much more benefit).

If it's not broken ............

Why not fix some of the major issues instead of wasting time on this ? Tis no wonder I have'nt played for a few days (hehe , days ) :p

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Think no one will think: "Wow, this ring gives 30 dex, 30 strgth", let's change that ring "12 dex, 18 strgth" I am wearing. Too bad I loose also "8% body, 5% energy".

How are the odds you find a piece of jewelry with more of the same stats ?

With the unique object generator-thingy, higher than you would expect, I reckon...

O

old.Jable

its not the worst idea they have ever had. some classes would not benefit, but a druid could easily handle overcapping empathy because there are no buffs that adjust this stat atm (mentioned on another board by someone else, but worth pointing out here).

Users who are viewing this thread