Starting Electric Guitair

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Right, just now i'm following the auctions of an RG320FM TL which has had evo pups fitted and an S470Bk, which do you guys think is the better guitar? They're both 2nd hand, I think the S470 is quite a bit newer, but both seem in good condition, how much do you think they're worth? Other than that i'm looking at the SAS36FM brand new for £285+p&p.

Anyone tried any of these guitars that can comment on their necks and general playability or even better offer up a comparison? Cheers!

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
point for guessing the guitars/amps

n1623570015_4707_4866.jpg

newest (hardest to guess imo) :

n1623570015_4695_8251.jpg

n1623570015_4701_8013.jpg

jackson is a soloist by the looks of it....yamaha pacifica,fender strat,gibson SG an is that a fender deluxe amp im seein at the top?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Right, just now i'm following the auctions of an RG320FM TL which has had evo pups fitted and an S470Bk, which do you guys think is the better guitar? They're both 2nd hand, I think the S470 is quite a bit newer, but both seem in good condition, how much do you think they're worth? Other than that i'm looking at the SAS36FM brand new for £285+p&p.

Anyone tried any of these guitars that can comment on their necks and general playability or even better offer up a comparison? Cheers!

I'd take the S470 over an RG320 any day of the week. Much better construction.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
jackson is a soloist by the looks of it....yamaha pacifica,fender strat,gibson SG an is that a fender deluxe amp im seein at the top?

yep close, the yamaha is a crappy pacifica clone :)

ive already listed them all tho, so i dunno if you cheated !

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Mexican "fender stratocaster" are generally known as the worst piece of crap guitars.

And imo Fender Stratocasters are overrated guitars. They are notirous to detune because of the crappy bridge and they can generate allot of fretbuzz if not properly tuned.

Theyre actually comparable to american made strats, if you pick a decent one and then upgrade it (pickups/bridge)

I agree with strats being overated tho even I have one, only cuz im hatin' on single coil pickups right now. Id go up to 220ish for that guitar jara, they were around 400 quid new (without case which is £50+) 4/5 years ago.. im guessing theyre around 350 now

cant give advice for the ibanez, as it would be biased cuz I personally think theyre quite overated and fotm :)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie

I would go for the S470 or the SAS36 my preference would be for the S470 but SAS36 you will goet from new so..... Stay away from the RG IMO.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
cant give advice for the ibanez, as it would be biased cuz I personally think theyre quite overated and fotm :)

Over rated? I hardly here anyone talk about them (cept in the I love jap guitar circles) I would have said underated. And fotm? That's a 1st, me being ahead of the game. :p I notice more people on the ESP Boards talking Ibanez recently but didn't think too much of it as they are not a million miles appart and both Japanese.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
I think alot of LTD's and ibanez below the prestige series are actually made in korea nowadays.

But yeh, ibanez are fast becomming the 'stadard' guitar for alot of teenagers nowdays, and on most forums ibanez seems to be the first port of call before jackson/esp. Theyre also seen by most as more of 'shred' guitars than metal ones, which another reason why I dont like them :p. I'll blame that on vai/satriani... even friedman turned to ibanez now he's gone pop-mode in japan :/

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I think alot of LTD's and ibanez below the prestige series are actually made in korea nowadays.

But yeh, ibanez are fast becomming the 'stadard' guitar for alot of teenagers nowdays, and on most forums ibanez seems to be the first port of call before jackson/esp. Theyre also seen by most as more of 'shred' guitars than metal ones, which another reason why I dont like them :p. I'll blame that on vai/satriani... even friedman turned to ibanez now he's gone pop-mode in japan :/

Yeah they are made in Korea, but still Jap guitars by design/ownership, just Korea for production line runs.

I wonder if this new found pupularity will effect price and quality, I don't know much about the top end Ibanez guitars but they were always suppposed to be one of the best for low to mid end stuff. Do you have any idea what models/ranges people are buying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom