Starting agin :E

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
So i ust orded Catacombs and DR. i stop playing 1 month after ToA came out...

ToA made me quit the game cus of all them lame epic's ;o

but now when classic is alive on euro servers <3 am coming back...
but how does the xp'ing work now ? i mean catacombs xping how fast does it go :p
as it looks now vampiir looks like fun class and what i have read easy
to solo whit (in pve) but imba on classic...
so if any one have any helpful tips or site's i would be a appreciated :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
WiZe^ said:

but how does the xp'ing work now ? i mean catacombs xping how fast does it go :p

There are now instanced task dungeons which are private instances with 50% permanent bonus and also a cash reward with a sizeable exp reward as well when you complete the mission for your task dungeon. There is no faster way of soloing but there is a considerable amount of grinding still, also there is a free level every 7 days which helps keep things moving along nicely at the later levels. Yu can get task dungeon groups but you really need to be playing a group friendly class to have any chance of an invite, also at quieter times you are probably just going to have to grind it out solo anyway. I break up the boredom by doing some of the excellent new quests in the Catacombs zones, you can quite easily level on these for the first 15 levels or so in Veil Rift and keep a decent pace without having to grind.

One big thing to consider is equipment, to keep well equiped you will need to go to the other type of instance which is generally known as an aurulite instance. Aurulite drops from the mobs there and generally works like the old Diamond Seals from Darkness Falls BUT there is equipment for levels 10/20/30/40 and 49 from the corresponding merchants in the Catacombs city of Shar Labyrinth. This equipment stays yellow con for quite a few levels and is the ideal stuff for leveling in, however farming enough aurulite to keep yourself equipped can take some time and will slow down your leveling somewhat as the aurulite instances have only a 15% (?) or so permanent bonus when solo, this bonus grows depending on how many people you are grouped with. The end boss usually drops something worthwhile but soloing all the way too him can be tough for most classes. Ideally you will have friends on Glastonbury (classic server) who can help you out with some starter aurulite to get equipped or they maybe can group with you and help you farm some.

Regardless of that though the game is still much much easier to level in now than it used to be, solo or grouped.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
WiZe^ said:

Choose Vampiir if you wanna rush to 50, choose enchanter if you want fair speed to 50 and be usefull in RvR/Darkspire raids/farming etc...
pick any other class for interrest.

welcome back to DAoC!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
ty both for those wise word :)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
btw am also looking for a catacombs guide if someone have one plz share <3 !

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
nvm... rerolled hard mode :p (alb)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom