Starting a Small Pirate Corp.

C

Cyberbane

Change of Heart.

Hi there,

Change of heart here.

Thinking of leaving my little 2 man Guild and joining a bigger one.

Currently flying around Scolluzer (Spelling)

Don't mind mining but would like to get involved in combat and PVP.

S

Slug

scum, if you become a pirate, you will be the lowest form of player controlled character in the game

C

CobraMkIII

In order to be defined as "good" you need someone else to be "evil"... otherwise there is no good.

Basically pirates, love them or hate them, provide a little more interest to the game... ;)

C

Cyberbane

Heh as I said change of heart, well more of a decision that I don't know enough about the game to be effective at pirating yet :)

BTW the sort of pirating I was thinking of was more along the lines of hold ups until partial cargo dropped or money transferred as opposed to the m0o school of pirating that just destroys the ships then pods the player. I mean what is the point in that????

I think Pirates are a viable way to play. I envisage small hit and run fights as opposed to blockading systems though.

S

Slug

the infamouse lord zap, tried to get some money out of me the other day

A well aimed torpedoe and 5 afterburners sorted it out

C

Cyberbane

and I bet it added a bit of interest to your play session didn't it?

:D

S

Slug

yeah too right, i only wish that one day i could become like him, he is kinda my idol
\

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Cyberbane
... as opposed to the m0o school of pirating that just destroys the ships then pods the player. I mean what is the point in that????

Since when did tossers need a reason to do something?

Tbh, it may be worth buying this game just to annoy those guys :)

C

Cyberbane

Originally posted by The Slug
yeah too right, i only wish that one day i could become like him, he is kinda my idol
\

lol

Well I lost my ship last night to pirates, gotta hate those warp scramblers. How do you counter warp scramblers?

S

Slug

Erm you would have to buy a warp stabaliser, i havn't used one so i dont know how it works

T

Tacticus

I got a small pirate alt i been using to test it out, but a frig dont help much when the targets fly battleships :-p

I dont want to use my main char for pirating as hes in a respected corp.

But if you want to you can eve mail Taliranowe Sarum and i might pop by :)

C

Cyberbane

:) I know what you mean.

I have an alt in a frigate that I occasionally have a go at pirating with dont want my main to suffer for it :)

Results so far.

Lost 3 Tristans with equipment. Pod Killed twice

Destroyed one Punisher.

No Pod Killls (Not my style) (Come close with splash damage though, got to be careful)

Had ten seriously fun battles

Had two not so fun battles (as in ohh look pretty cruiser/battleship ....RUN!)

Recieved about 400,000isk in donations ;)

Paided 200,000isk to better pirates :lol:

All in all it is pretty fun but it is very hard work finding people to Pirate from when you are by yourself in a frigate. Trouble is people dont believe you until you have taken their shields out, which unfortunetly takes a long time, if they decide to stick around for the battle that is, lots of hard work. But on the other hand the way I work people at least have fun from my pirating attempts and as you can see from the above details I am not to good at it. But then again being to good at it would probably ruins peoples play sessions.

T

Tacticus

Upgraded my alt a bit hes now flying a blackbird cruiser, with 3 dampeners warpjammer and stasifier.

Use 250mm gauss guns and missiles. :)

in the low slots i got magnetic vortexes for better damage.

can kill a battleship with that setup as he cant target you :)

T

Tacticus

yeah i have alot of fun. I have most fun with my main tho, hes flying a beauty of battleship, apocalypse class battleship, 4 tachyonbeam lasers, 4 heavy modded energy beams, 2 optical computers, 1 sensor booster, 1 heat shield hardener, 5 skadi cooleant systems, and 1 photonic Cpu. Usually out fighting some wars with the corp and my alliance.

If not i either kill pirate npcs for money and minerals, or use my little cruiser alt for pirating :)

Users who are viewing this thread