Starting a merc in Toa

Darksadness

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
139
Hail all! I'll start a Merc in Toa but never played this class.. Im thinking for race to get the Half-ogre. What spec should i take to make a nice killing machine in RvR? :wij:
 

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
1,643
50DW, 50Crush, rest parry

You might want 7-Shield for Engage, if you plan to pve/solo
 

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,879
Darksadness said:
Hail all! I'll start a Merc in Toa but never played this class.. Im thinking for race to get the Half-ogre. What spec should i take to make a nice killing machine in RvR? :wij:
50 crush / 50 dw / 28 parry
 

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
120
Im also making a Half Ogre crush merc. :p

Novelty for teh win. :)
 

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
45,210
Isn't merc supposed to be, like, a bit stealthy...

Anyone else find this like hiding an elephant in a blueberry bush? You can try and try, but the f*cking elephant is still gonna show.

Also, isn't ToA level 50 mostly? Or...all of it...as i've had the pleasure of assuming. So how can you -start- a class in ToA? Isn't it like:

"I'll start a class -because- of ToA"

or

"Since ToA is coming out, i'm starting a yada yada"


Just saying...
 

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
520
you forgot to add that half-ogre crush mercs will be the new fotm
 

Retrakith

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
182
Addlcove said:
you forgot to add that half-ogre crush mercs will be the new fotm
I've been hearing half-ogre slash merc will be better, due to some uber artifact?
 

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
271
Battler got a well deserved nerf, so that isn't really the case post 1.68 ;)
 

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
288
Retrakith said:
I've been hearing half-ogre slash merc will be better, due to some uber artifact?
Every class with *slash* (sword/blade for mid/hib) will be fotm , cuz of artifact Battler ^^ .... nerfed in 1.68 tho but we can have fun with it for few months :sex:
 

FoxeH

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
398
i'll probably be startingn another merc too, half ogre crush, ofc :)
yeah and 50dw/50 weapon skill/28 parry is the way to go
 

Borim

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
44
Biggest Half-Ogre armsman with pole/two-handed 4 teh win :>
 

BlueJam

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
18
Why crush btw? Teh hib support is resistant to it and the mid support is only neutral. Or is the armour table I'm looking at wrong.
 

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,722
BlueJam said:
Why crush btw? Teh hib support is resistant to it and the mid support is only neutral. Or is the armour table I'm looking at wrong.
I believe because it has the best combo with weapons for maximum haste effect. Meaning a veeeeeeery slow right hand and veeeery fast left hand...
 

crazykobby

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
21
Merc

I have wanted to start a tank on pvp server for months and always too much choice got the better of me so i created nothing (Atm i have 2 mains on 2 different accs BD + shaman. Then i heard about Half ogre crush mercs... and decided to pick one of them. My main concerns are how much dmg i will be doing (assist train) and secondly how good they are for farming in duo with a shaman (yellow spec buff). Is there any point to choose a berserker still?
 

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
4,462
crazykobby said:
I have wanted to start a tank on pvp server for months and always too much choice got the better of me so i created nothing (Atm i have 2 mains on 2 different accs BD + shaman. Then i heard about Half ogre crush mercs... and decided to pick one of them. My main concerns are how much dmg i will be doing (assist train) and secondly how good they are for farming in duo with a shaman (yellow spec buff). Is there any point to choose a berserker still?
Troll Zerk... Still scary fekkas xDD
 

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
120
Doubt we can have 'fun' with the battler b4 we get 1.68 as it can take upto 800k RPs to get it to lvl10!

I'll most likely get it with my minnie and once i have the phoebus 'all in one' harp I can put the battler in my 2H slot and forget about it.. after about 6 months of rvr it might be lvl10. :eek7:
 

crazykobby

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
21
Chimaira said:
Troll Zerk... Still scary fekkas xDD
Got a 50 troll zerk on mid excal :) so i don't want the same. I've narrowed it down to HO Merc... or i am also toying with the idea of a norse zerker with 50 hammer 50 parry (spliot spec). I know it sounds weird and all will cry "gimp!!" but a berserker with 2 hand will probably really lay the smack down. I know zerkers are the only melee class to still be able to do 100%-1hp crits vs players. Just wish i knew how well they would perfrom in pve with 50 in parry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom