TV Stargate SG1

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Old news I know but I got out of the habit of watching it and I want to damn well finish it. So the last episode I saw...

The Ori supergate was complete, the people came through and destroyed everything standing in their way, leaving Carter floating about in space next to the gate. Pretty sure it was season 10 but can't remember the episode number =(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. Stargate did turn into a massive pile of shit when O'Neill left. Ori and all that massive guff.

To be fair - it always was a massive pile of shit, but I got to like it (seen the whole thing twice) because my bird watches retarded stuff. Like Glee.

Nowadays I even rate it. Shows how low my brain is stooping in the search for any and all sci-fi :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
SG-1 was fine if you could ignore the circular pattern.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I never did watch the movie length episodes at the end, tbh the found tha Ori storyline abit wank

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Yeah. Stargate did turn into a massive pile of shit when O'Neill left. Ori and all that massive guff.

While most of the Ori storylines were awful I didn't actually mind the two last seasons because of the whole Daniel, Vala & Mitchell interactions which reminded me of the very early SG-1 seasons. Frankly I hated the whole Jonas season much more than those and the fact that once the show started to use star ships it just evolved into a Trek ripoff.

Still the cast were always great and it did have smart/fun writing for a lot of the time.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
One thing that always amazed me about the show was the progression in tech.
At the beginning of season 1, they could hardly start the thing up, let alone go through it.
By season 4, SGC are retroengineering Goa'uld tech.
By season 6, SGC are making their own battleships with hyperdrives, beaming tech and shields.
By the end of season 7, O'Neill is using ancient tech to blast 30 Goa'uld motherships in orbit.
By the end of season 8, SGC has a foothold in ANOTHER GALAXY with Atlantis.

If only everyday tech advanced as quickly. :)
Oh hang on... smartphones, tablets, voice and gesture recognition... all developed in the last 10 years.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
All the tech came from the storylines tho, the retroengineering didnt work too well tbh the battleships were helped along by the asgard a little and they wer emore willing to share tech then once we found out spacefaring legs and the ancient device wasnt human tech and it was pure pox that oneill had the ancient gene to use it

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Stargate was only something I'd watch while having dinner on weekdays. It was never enough by itself to fully entertain and one or two decent episodes per series doesn't really inspire dedication in me.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
At its best (after the few few awkward series and before Oniell left) it could be pretty good - not like there's much decent sci-fi on TV to choose from

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom