Starcraft

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thinking about seeing what all the fuss is about and ordering it.. but my question is will it run on XP?

Been hunting around and everything says it runs on 95/98 only is there a patch you download?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looks like crap now sadly but still the greatest RTS ever made imo. The story is amazing and the game plays like a dream.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Nuh uh - Total Annihilation for the best RTS evarrrrr.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Dont bother, it was great in its day but the graphics are just lame now :p

The AI is poor too compared to today so only get it if you are playing humans.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
still a fun game, got round to finishing the expansion pack last week, years after buying it

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I will agree on still fun. The dynamic of the three races is totally unique - no other game has managed to make the play styles so different and yet retain a balance. One of the few RTSs I still play multiplayer - alongside TA, Dawn of War and the occassional Cossacks.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Gfx aint everything imo, Starcraft is still one of the better games about in terms of gameplay. Alot of features in the game are unique, the different dynamics of the three races is one of its better features and yet no one really seems to have copied it with as much success. With the patches (autodownloads when you connect to b.net) the game is a joy to play. and, thankfully, there still usually seems to be enough people on Bnet that finding a multiplayer game is not too hard at all.

Well worth it imo.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
Gfx aint everything imo, Starcraft is still one of the better games about in terms of gameplay. Alot of features in the game are unique, the different dynamics of the three races is one of its better features and yet no one really seems to have copied it with as much success. With the patches (autodownloads when you connect to b.net) the game is a joy to play. and, thankfully, there still usually seems to be enough people on Bnet that finding a multiplayer game is not too hard at all.

Well worth it imo.

Aye, nothing cooler than massing shitloads of battlecruiser and then just spam clicking them! BATTLECRUISER OPERATIONAL !

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I could never get in to it - I think I started to play it too late when the graphics looked shit and so didn't give it long enough to see if it was any good. I know, shallow me :\

Still, this has put me in the mood for some Total Annihilation. I hope I can find the CDs.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
nath said:
I could never get in to it - I think I started to play it too late when the graphics looked shit and so didn't give it long enough to see if it was any good. I know, shallow me :\

Still, this has put me in the mood for some Total Annihilation. I hope I can find the CDs.

Forget TA (Still the greatest RTS in my opinion aswell though :)), have you seen the trailer for Supreme Commander on IGN? It's been nigh on 10 years since TA, but it looks like the second coming tbh. It has the best nuke animation since C&C Generals, and that's saying something, 'cos that was something else just a few years ago.

*Wets pants*

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sir Frizz said:
Forget TA (Still the greatest RTS in my opinion aswell though :)), have you seen the trailer for Supreme Commander on IGN? It's been nigh on 10 years since TA, but it looks like the second coming tbh. It has the best nuke animation since C&C Generals, and that's saying something, 'cos that was something else just a few years ago.

*Wets pants*

Will be checking out the video for supreme commander as soon as I get home from work :D didnt realise there was a video of it yet :D

Been waiting for that for ages, loved TA but this new one looks really really nice. I just hope they pull it off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom