Star Wars: The Finale?

Damini

Part of the furniture
Wow. I have high hopes for this.

I hope they discover that midichlorians are just a mutated strain of syphilis.

I hope they discover Ja Ja dead in a seedy back water tavern, with a satsuma in his mouth, and a rusty spoon in his eye.

I hope that there is more of that SLAPSTICK GOLD that made the last three films such a joy to behold.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I had originally hoped this would be a live-action thing with actors from the first trilogy. I know this would be difficult/impossible due to actors being dead or not wanting to do it, but its something I was hoping for.

Lucas always talked to Hamil about him returning to do a final film with him in the 'obi-wan' style role, guiding the next lot of jedi or whatever. It would've been nice to have a film just concluding everything as much as possible, ah well :(

All of that prequel shite really annoyed me though, some of the moves and effects are flashy but the story just feels flat in comparison to the original three. I didnt mind the final film as much in a way, because Jarjar was hardly in it, and it wasnt as focused on the whole lovey dovey crap, although there was still too much of it.

Not sure what to think of this up-and-coming animated one though.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Wow. I have high hopes for this.

I hope they discover that midichlorians are just a mutated strain of syphilis.

I hope they discover Ja Ja dead in a seedy back water tavern, with a satsuma in his mouth, and a rusty spoon in his eye.

I hope that there is more of that SLAPSTICK GOLD that made the last three films such a joy to behold.

I totally agree, and would like to add the following:

• any and all child actors get brutally killed off within the first 30 seconds of the movie, in a sort of Ichi the Killer mutant Jedi high on a meths and rock cocaine gore explosion

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Would be rather interesting, if the comics are any measure to go on.

About a 100 times larger capital ship that the Emperor Skywalker rules his empire from, and all that.

The stories, well, not to sound like a classic-basher but the original trilogy story isn't that "great" if looked at modern standards, like most watch the new trilogy.

Could you seriously imagine. someone coming out with the original trilogy these days and not get the same "that was cr*p" as the new trilogy gets?

As stories go, both trilogies had the same basic stuff really.

Damini

Part of the furniture
You are so wrong. The original trilogy had magic, and the inherent power of being special, and the thin line you walk between good and evil.

The new trilogy had a sexually transmitted mutation, and a spoilt brat who went on a killing spree.

AND A RUBBER JAMAICAN SLAPSTICK MONKEY FISH.

Edit:// I should also say, I'm no great fan of the original films. I just understand why people are. I also understand why the new films were bubonic pustules of crap.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I was disgusted with the last 3 Star Wars films, about as disgusted as Patton Oswalt I hope to god this other last film will be better.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I hope it's all done in the style of a story told by Peter Griffin... that would be FRIGGIN' SWEET!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You are so wrong. The original trilogy had magic, and the inherent power of being special, and the thin line you walk between good and evil.

Not wrong, just different opinion.

I look at them as completely different stories, in a similar world.

Afterall, even if it was focused on how Darth Vader was born, it was still interesting to see where it all began and as such, as a prologue, it was good.

I don't really care if there's a 8foot hairy monkey or a rubber-eared "jusamusa" on screen.

About the magic of the original, well, mainly the magic comes from it being a classic and how one felt when saw them as a young'un. As said, if noone had heard of Star Wars and came out with that trilogy now, it would be rather unimaginative and boring.

Yes one can argue that it effected the industry and such, and i'm NOT saying i like the new ones better, but COMPARED, there is no such big drop in quality, just a drop of "golden memories".

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Im with tohtori on this one.

Maybe because i didn't watch the original trilogy till about 1997 but i came away thinking 'meh'.

Then i watched the newer trilogy and thought 'meh, but atleast it looks cool.'

G

I hope it's all done in the style of a story told by Peter Griffin... that would be FRIGGIN' SWEET!

"yes erm, this whole star wars thing reminds me of the time i got up late for work and a giant monster was teasing me for not eating my milk and cookies when i was younger"

rynnor

Rockhound
The 3 prequals were shite and really needed another director - I dont know what he'd done since the first three but the prequals were all in dire need of editing and seemed self indulgent.

Funnily enough the animated 'clone wars' vids were much better - my kids love them where they moan watching the pre-quals.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
To get a feel of what these will be like watch volume 2 of Clone Wars animated series. Watched back to back, it is an hour of superb Star Warsyness (apart from the mutant rats). Volume 1 was also good but they were much sorter episodes, so there isn't much story in there.

Its done by the same peoples as Samurai Jack which on its own gives it ++ style points.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What was wrong with the prequels was that George Lucas was directing them.

Now if they'd got the bloke who did Serenity, I imagine things would have been very different.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Dam said:
AND A RUBBER JAMAICAN SLAPSTICK MONKEY FISH.

Pished myself at that.

That Ja Ja character makes me want to stab my eyes and ears out.

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
temp273.jpg

temp274.jpg

PH2008021302852.jpg

I've blocked out the first 3 (last 3) films. It's the only way I could watch the original trilogy and make Boba Fett cool again - which sort of leads me to my other gripe, why did they choose such a bad shot for their clone army?

TdC

there were actually several discussions about that on teh interweb: storm troopers are the decedents of the original clone army. Boba Fett is actually a pretty decent bounty hunter, but his genetic material was used imperfectly to create the clones iirc, therefor they get progressively worse and worse as warriors up to the clowns they become in 4,5,6.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Actually by 4-6 most of the clone army was gone and the Stormtroopers were made up by normal human recruits, I think it was only the 501st that contained clones by the time of Hoth, It was only the Emperor during 4-6 that used cloning to keep himself alive by transferring his 'being' into a new clone body.

Sorry went all nerdy there...

Anyway the new Clone Wars looks pretty cool, loved the battles from the mini-series and to have it expanded would be cool, plus they said they are guna have an episode devoted to Kit Fisto, which should be cool.

TdC

I bow before your superior nerdiness!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think its next year that they actually start a live action series aswell. They the true replacements to films and gonna cost as much if i remeber correctly. Ofc money talks though and it seems even the animated series is going to cinema aswell lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom