Star Wars Galaxies in a WEEK!

M

mestoph

Originally posted by old.Xarr
i'm gonna play on the us servers too. during beta i never, ever had any latency issues on big events at all. not sure if i played on a west- or east-coast server, but i never had anything over 160ms most of the time.

Yeah but are servers constantly full during beta?

Coz most people estimate over 400,000 pre-orders now. with only 20 servers, i'd expect them to be full.

A

-ag-bometal

Originally posted by -Nxs-
I'm in complete agreement with Baritone and cadiva

The game is not really up to all the hype people believe, ive also been a star wars fan and was eager to get into the beta, however 2 months in the beta and actualy un-installed it and canceled my pre-order. Sorry but the game REALLY sucks.

Dont plan your MMORPG future on SWG, you may be very disapointed.

Totally agree with these ppl.

I was beta tester for about 2 weeks, then i uninstalled and returned to DAOC. It really sucks and is sooooooooo boring.

Releasing it in 1 week ? LOL, it still has huge bugs, like u need do do quests 2 times before they work, buildings which pop on top off u etc etc

For years i dreamed of SWG (i am a huge star warsfan) but it is nothing but a ripoff... (40 € for beta testing !?! and i would also need to pay for the game when it comes => INSANE)

Another dream gone :/

V

Validus

Originally posted by Tufnir
They release approx 60.000 boxes, and thers rumor that it was at a point 200.000 pre-orders. Atm only collector editions are avaliable in the shops Im afraid, and they cost 75$ :(

think about it. most star wars fanatics would run to buy that collector's eddition right?(to play the game as soon as possible) unless the servers open later or something, i dunno.

anyways its another example of how this friggin' franchise tries to get more dosh out of ppl.

M

mestoph

Originally posted by Validus
think about it. most star wars fanatics would run to buy that collector's eddition right?(to play the game as soon as possible) unless the servers open later or something, i dunno.

anyways its another example of how this friggin' franchise tries to get more dosh out of ppl.

I'm buying the ltd box, so i can have a new classy coffee mat :)

O

old.Nikolas

Only time will tell I guess, but 1 thing is for sure its already hugely popular. I have a CD Key, but my hard disk is full and cant be arsed to download it :)

SWG will undoubtedly become a very big fish and very popular, but I have played Daoc for 17 months now it will have to be very good for me to play another game for that long....

Who knows ;)

I have a couple of mates Beta testing it who have said it blows Daoc out the water in so many ways, but I want to see it for myself :)

N

Neural Network

Bummer, the end off MMORPG's for me then.
After playing EVE for a month and realising the game only is getting worse I had set my hopes for SWG. I’ve dropped the idea after reading that post.
I think I’ll stick with Pontifex for the time being.
Here’s a link for you who doesn’t know what Pontifex is:
http://www.chroniclogic.com/

M

Motowntheta

Hey, SWG isn't that bad, sure it has some issues but what it has over DAOC is variety :)

If you like starwars then you will probably like SWG, but it's different to DAOC and not everyones cup of tea.

I play in the UK over 512 adsl and have had very little problem with lag, maybe I'm just lucky :)

And unless your a uber must be the best player or you don't have the cash :( then you can play both :)

D

deygos

lol that review, do u realise how many times that's been recycled? it is old m8. swg will not be for everyone, the game shouldnt be underestimated, people who worked on UO are working on swg and have had a great effect on the game's design

the world is empty and contentless for a reason..the players will fill the space..the economy is driven by the players..remind you of the emptiness of UO???

there is no lvling
there is in game email - dont laugh this is fking important ;) + in game trading boards
crafting pisses all over daoc - u can name your designs and create prototypes
there are random nme spawns, never lvling at the same spot a la daoc
nme a.i is stunning and i mean it, nme will ambush you or come back in numbers - it is not the unchallenging predictable cack 90% of daoc provides
housing is in, and not kept in a seperate zone
players can already make structures like bases
guild v guild arenas

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by Neural Network
Bummer, the end off MMORPG's for me then.
After playing EVE for a month and realising the game only is getting worse I had set my hopes for SWG. I’ve dropped the idea after reading that post.
I think I’ll stick with Pontifex for the time being.
Here’s a link for you who doesn’t know what Pontifex is:
http://www.chroniclogic.com/

you decide whether you're going to play a game based on some total strangers post?

oooooookay...

O

old.LandShark

Xarr, are you perhaps unfamiliar with the concept of a review? :p
Stranger or not, he knows a lot more about the game than you do (assuming you've not played it and he has, at least) and furthermore there is a decent amount of agreement with him in the same thread. An MMPORG with no rabid fanbois is.... well, it doesn't exactly bode well for the game's success :p

N

Neural Network

After playing EVE with their concept of a player driving market, and then ”forgets” to implement consumers are just laughable. I know my share of programming and to me it looks like too many games puts too much effort in the graphics and too little in the game play.
If I want great graphics, I'll look out the window. The resolution is incredible out there.

O

old.LandShark

I'd say that graphics go a long way towards making a game playable, but as you say too many developers get the graphics right and then think they can get away with it. You have to consider that all MMPORGs grow and change in terms of content, far more so than any other game-type does or can, but the thing is... SWG is going to be released with a substandard game universe. It's going to have to be practically replaced before it's good....

O

old.LandShark

Not how it is now. :p
The PvP is extremely simplistic (feel free to sigh, shake your head and say "daoc requires no skill" but the fact of the matter is that just ain't true, there is a lot of different between an RvR guild's FG and a pickup FG), the PvE is extremely limited and devoid of any potential roleplaying content, there's nothing to satisify those who enjoy hunting for a rare item and very little to satisfy those who like large-scale PvE encounters. (what there HAS been was gamemaster-driven, apparently, and infrequent in the extreme)
I won't try and say that DAoC isn't defficient in many of those areas, but DAoC at least bills itself as a PvP/RvR game, rather than a massively immerse version of the star wars universe. There's more life in a kinder egg. Despite the graphics, playing SWG is really, really unimmersive, and ultimately even shallower than DaoC.

M

Munkey-

Oh landsharks a pillock.
Who always thinks he's right.
He sits on a hillock,
where he flies his kite

But i wub him anyway.

And he is right tho

S

SilverHood

there's nothing to satisify those who enjoy hunting for a rare item... hehe, people camping a spawn for hours is satisfying? :)

and it can't be worse than daoc... honestly, daoc is shallow gankfests than lasts maybe 1 min at the most, every 10 mins or so... and thats on a good day

;)

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.Nikolas
No matter how we take SWG, its gonna hit daoc player volume very hard ;)

Ehhh why ???? peopel who would rather play a LUEEKEE Skywailkeerr dude than daoc, I kinda want to leave the game...
But but I can roleplay in SWG..so ??? you can freaking roleplay in UT if you want too.. FFS I'll rather RP playing cards than SWG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom