Star Wars Galaxies in a WEEK!

D

dylan32

I don't like the look of this... so won't be playing either.
It's probably going to attract hordes of l33t kids. Is this the first MUD to start charging $15?

O

old.Tohtori

I wonder, oh i wonder when, oh when will the people get a "random games" board for these threads.

Ah well, i guess i should comment on this thread as well.

Starwars? Well, the trailer looked corny and...ah fuck it i'm not in the mood to discuss some MMORPG today.

Maybe i'll just take the good old "Peacemaker" cane from the mothballs and whack Cheesehound with it. Let's try that.

Ahem...

Cheesehound you goddamn n00bian piece of dinodroppings. Why you waste our time with jibberish like this could make even a hillbilly leave his familybanging ways and...meh..

I'm not in that mood either.

I'll just stop now...

C

Cheesehound

its not the same the seal, shilversomething needs to be here before it can be classicfied as a random offtopic thread that doesnt deserve to be here, since offtopic isnt checked as often as this one or is mostly filled with spam :x

Anyway...

F

Fafnir

Heard some beta testers saying it need 2 months more before release. Because some unresolved stuff.

I quit EVE due to the crap goin on with all stuff that was not in the game from the start. And crappy support etc.

They just want the dosh for the game. Think many will buy it, get dissapointed at it. and cost $14.99 a month.

O

old.Tohtori

It's not that Cheesehound, maybe i'm loosing my touch on threads. Suure, i can write a few things but it's nowhere near the level where it used to be 500-1000 posts ago. And i hate to spam these days, i spammed maybe 100 posts out of the 2000+ in some silly "You sausage" "No you sausage" threads but...

I dunno. Maybe i need to quit playing BW forums. :p

O

old.Nikolas

No matter how we take SWG, its gonna hit daoc player volume very hard ;)

T

tripitaka

Oh Dear

Considering its only been in open beta for a month or two - this isn't looking good - i guess they wanted to get it out to make money - as per usual.

Expect lots of bug fixes....!

O

old.Baritone

To be honest it sucks in my opinion, I so wanted to like it being a big fan of Star Wars, Ive been beta testing it for a couple of months now and am very disapointed:(

I still would rather play DaoC and ive been playing that since US release, So that says someting.

C

cadiva

Have to say I'm in complete agreement with Baritone.
It's not even in open beta either, this is beta 3 that I'm in and it's still NDA protected.

There's plenty of things wrong with it still and I for one, have actually cancelled my pre-ordered copy that I had since March with DVDBoxoffice.

If I do play SW:G it will be only if the whole of my DAoC Guild moves (which I doubt very much) and it will be 2 or 3 months down the line when they've fixed all the things that are still wrong and introduced a lot more content to it.

And for those who think it will have a significant effect on the DAoC player base - can't see it to be honest, it will attract Star Wars and sci-fi/space age players, there isn't anything in it at the mo to attract die hard fantasty RPG players (whether you think DAoC is RP is irrelevent in this case, I mean the fantasy setting itself).

C

Cheesehound

He came!

he posted!

he tryed to make a smart coment!

Failed at all 3 things.

xD

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by old.Nikolas
No matter how we take SWG, its gonna hit daoc player volume very hard ;)

and thats a good thing :)

S

Sharma

Id die if i touched SWG, trust me i would, and id probably be spamming how sad the first person to be called Luuke or Lukee or something is :p

L

Lynxian

Less whine?

If it´s even half the whine in SWG then in DAoC, I´ll buy it asap.

K

katt!

Re: Less whine?

Originally posted by lynxian
If it´s even half the whine in SWG then in DAoC, I´ll buy it asap.

have you read the swg boards? :X

M

mestoph

Btw the post of the Title should read SWG: In 8 days for the US and 13 days for the UK on US servers. I know of only one company you can buy it off for the UK.

N

-Nxs-

I'm in complete agreement with Baritone and cadiva

The game is not really up to all the hype people believe, ive also been a star wars fan and was eager to get into the beta, however 2 months in the beta and actualy un-installed it and canceled my pre-order. Sorry but the game REALLY sucks.

Dont plan your MMORPG future on SWG, you may be very disapointed.

S

SilverHood

as long as it's stable, and I can roleplay, I'll be happy :D

is that a 9mm in your pocket mr wookie?

:)

M

mestoph

Originally posted by SilverHood

You intending to play US servrs SilverHood?, if so, long distance ping + overloaded servers = not stable link. Please the beta testers are saying it can't handle more than 30 players on a screen at once.

D

Danya

Originally posted by SilverHood

From all reports you'll be sad then. I doubt SWG will hit daoc much long term, there'll be a drop for a few weeks then people will decide it sucks and be back to daoc. :p

K

katt!

roleplay when the majority of the players will be the people who went to see episode 1&2 5+ times?

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Danyan
From all reports you'll be sad then. I doubt SWG will hit daoc much long term, there'll be a drop for a few weeks then people will decide it sucks and be back to daoc. :p

not paying for daoc anyway.... it's incredibly dull to play

hopefully swg will have some variance

besides, im almost done with my exams... with a summer job, and Medieval: Total War mulitplayer, I could prolly get past the next few months until I start Uni :)

but I still wanna see Mos Eisely up close, even if its gonna cost me 50 quid

W

Wile_E_Coyote

I'll be a bit careful since the NDA is still in affect but:
In my opinion SWG is a pretty good game as MMORPGs goes. It's probably a bit too hyped for its own good. Such hype makes people believe they will get the sun and the moon and get very disappointed when they just get another, although good, MMORPG. If you take it for what it is I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

O

old.Xarr

yeah what mr. coyote said. it's a good mmorpg and has good potential. the release is rushed, but then again most mmorpg releases are. i've enjoyed the beta the 2-3 weeks i've been playing it and i'm definately gonna pick it up later this summer when i get some cash.

T

Tufnir

Originally posted by mestoph
You intending to play US servrs SilverHood?, if so, long distance ping + overloaded servers = not stable link. Please the beta testers are saying it can't handle more than 30 players on a screen at once.

The ping is now on 160-170ms from norway, thats pretty good.
And Ive had no problems running in towns with 30+ people.

However, the game have built in grapich detection software at login, and sets the optimal settings for you, if you tweak those you might experience problems yes.

Bear in mind, none of the gfx cards avaliable to the mass market can handle the gfx... yet :)

PS: The game is good, can say more when NDA is lifted.

Edit
They release approx 60.000 boxes, and thers rumor that it was at a point 200.000 pre-orders. Atm only collector editions are avaliable in the shops Im afraid, and they cost 75$ :(

S

SilverHood

i got a decent connection, and never had any problems pinging to US servers

hell, I played on the PS most populated east coast server during US prime time and never had massive lag... a bit when there was 100 enemies on screen, but not so it's unplayable

and yes, I will be playing on US servers, since the european launch will be late, shite, or borh

Eclipse is the server I'm planning on playing on

O

old.Xarr

i'm gonna play on the us servers too. during beta i never, ever had any latency issues on big events at all. not sure if i played on a west- or east-coast server, but i never had anything over 160ms most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom