Star Wars Galaxies Beta

D

Durzel

(Couldn't find a specific forum for this, so its here)

I received a beta invite to SWG: An Empire Divided today, Beta 3 apparently. I was just curious as to whether or not this was in the least bit exclusive or, like the last EVE beta, it is actually an "limited beta that every man and his dog is invited to"... ?

Don't think I'm gonna play, too busy :(

(busy being lazy)

E

Embattle

Well started topic and you seem to end it too ;)

U

-Ultimate

Looks like it costs $37 to play the beta, which i didn't realise. Thats what it apparently costs to get the beta cd's sent to you(cd is ~$6, shipping is ~$31-32). Of course you can download it but you don't get access to the downloader or your key until you order the cd :)

Just another thing to take into consideration when anyone deciding whether to play the beta or not :)

D

Deady

I got one too.

But btw they want you to pay $32 to get the Beta CDs.

D

Damini

Reassure me that you don't also have to pay for the game after beta?

P

PR.

I also appear to be 'in'. Can't order the CD at the moment though :(

G

Gef

Originally posted by Damini
Reassure me that you don't also have to pay for the game after beta?

Guarantee you will have to pay for the retail too, you may get a discount or something. But think about it, 500,000 geeks on the forums masturbating over the thought of playing it. They WILL pay to play it NOW, Sony will milk this one for all its worth..

C

.Cask

I've played EQ for 4 years and they haven't given me a motherfucking beta invitation.

They can take their...

( ))IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

and shove it up their...

:kissit:

O

old.ST200

I was invited weeks ago but it seems they are sending out a lot more beta 3 invites now. I think they opened a 2nd server. Anyway I've been letting people uhhh borrow my account since I find it so utterly BORING AND POINTLESS.

Ahem.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Your sig is 25 lines long, you have mental problems.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass

Naa....just a natural DAoC player ;)

K

Krazeh

I got an invite too, but 37 dollars to get hold of the cd is taking the piss to be honest, especially when it's downloadable.

S

SilverHood

yeah :/

ensures that they get dedicated testers tho

S

Sar

Originally posted by old.ST200
I was invited weeks ago but it seems they are sending out a lot more beta 3 invites now. I think they opened a 2nd server. Anyway I've been letting people uhhh borrow my account since I find it so utterly BORING AND POINTLESS.

Ahem.

Fuck off with that cuntingly retarded sig ffs.

Thx.

:)

K

Krazeh

Originally posted by SilverHood
yeah :/

ensures that they get dedicated testers tho

well that or obsessed star wars fans who will chuck as much money at sony as they are asked for

J

Johnny Bravo

I never got an invite :(

But then reading above I'm happy to wait and let others pay to iron out bugs, then I can enjoy a relatively bug free release in a few months :)

Besides of which it looks like I'm already a paying bug tester with Eve Online :eek: :)

P

plightstar

I was looking forward to it, but I got tired of waiting and waiting. I might do the same for Fable on the Xbox, but who knows.

P

Panda On Smack

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass

Im with you on this one my sexual friend, he might as well have an animating gif in there as well. I just read the signature and it doesn't seem to have any point. Thats a lot of pointless lines.

S

stu

Originally posted by old.ST200
Anyway I've been letting people uhhh borrow my account since I find it so utterly BORING AND POINTLESS.

The irony of that coming from a DAOC player is thick enough to cut with a breadknife.

U

-Ultimate

Once you've leveled for 3 month to get to a stage where you can use the breadknife :eek:

W

Wij

Can I have your breadknife for salvage ? I want to make it into hinges.

M

Mr^B

Just turn sigs off?

I have no wish to read whatever retarded (often borrowed) witicisms people feel necessary to dangle at the end of EVERY post like some sort of unecessary appendage. Now, I may be jumping to conclusions, but I'd wager that sig was either:

a) A list of all the characters some sad nolife/nomates/nohope DAoC playing cheeseflap has or;

b) A highly amusing (if you were there at the time, and also had your sense of humour surgically removed at birth) MSN/IRC extract, probably involving the word "gay".

B

Users who are viewing this thread