Star Wars - Empire at War

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Been playing the game on and off for a couple of weeks now, I have to say it is very well made but could be better. The campaigns are woefully short but the engine is fantastic and the skirmish mode is alot of fun. Anyway, I started doing some nosing and came across this...

http://legacy.gamemod.net/

...basically a team of modders are doing a total conversion of sorts, adding a ton of new units and updating the ones that Petroglyph didn't do justice to. The new models are already looking incredible, the Super Star Destroyer in particular makes me /dribble with excitement.

Here is the blurb...

'About the Mod:

Star Wars: Legacy of War is an expansion mod that will add the New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Chiss, Yuuzhan Vong, and Galactic Alliance. In Single Player mode, the player will be able to traverse the entire Star Wars saga from Episode 5 onwards and fight some of the greatest battles of all time. The campaign will be enhanced and added onto also. As the game goes on, new faces will appear and new technology will be unlocked. '

Anyone else played the game? What do you think of it and are you interested in the mods/TC's coming out?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Started playing the game two days ago and i like it so far.. i haven't reached the end of my first campaign yet, so no complaints about short campagins yet. :) I think they picked just the right era in the story to put the game events in, between episodes 3 and 4.

The game reminds me both of Red Alert and the Total War games... the former in the landbased battles and the latter becase of the mix between strategy and battle action, with the option to autoresolve the battles at the cost of higher casualties. The space battles are fast and action filled. So far i've played out all my battles simply because it's a lot of fun!

I would have loved for units to have some kind of experience system, making them better over time if they survive, but you can't have everything i suppose. :) Also i would have liked an option to chose which part of my army/fleet gets deployed and which units are held in reserve. (maybe there is a way but i just missed it?) Basicly it feels like a good platform to expand on and that's why i think mods or future official expansions will enhance the game greatly. Once i've played it all through many times, i will definately look at mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom