Film Star Trek

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Ok so you probably all saw this already and will all shout OLD at me but I don't care (ner ner nee ner ner) I went to see it yesterday and OMG ...ROX!!

For those of you who haven't seen it yet I can honestly say as a lifelong Trekkie it was all I'd hoped for and did not disappoint in any aspect.

it had everything, the crew, monsters, brain slugs, evil romulans who have dastardly plans, romance, laughter, cheese, excitement, sad bits...just the whole caboodle tbh.

The cast were all perfect and I was especially impressed by the dude they picked to play Bones McCoy, he was awesome, even though he is only young he had the gruff old codger bit down to a tee, simon pegg as scotty was fantastic and I really felt he was having a whale of a time (especially when he was running through engineering yelling things about giving it all she can and dylithium crystals. The chap who plays Kirk was great, even did the slow...halting...speech followed by fasterspeechthat...kirk...is famousfor and my god they all looked the part too! I have to say i was a bit unsure of silar as spok but he came through aces, the whole thing was just pure enjoyment for me (except the bit that made me cry, but even that was good!).

I really hope they do some more of these movies with this cast, if this first one is anything to go by then the franchise shall indeed live long and prosper!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok so you probably all saw this already and will all shout OLD at me but I don't care (ner ner nee ner ner) I went to see it yesterday and OMG ...ROX!!

For those of you who haven't seen it yet I can honestly say as a lifelong Trekkie it was all I'd hoped for and did not disappoint in any aspect.

it had everything, the crew, monsters, brain slugs, evil romulans who have dastardly plans, romance, laughter, cheese, excitement, sad bits...just the whole caboodle tbh.

The cast were all perfect and I was especially impressed by the dude they picked to play Bones McCoy, he was awesome, even though he is only young he had the gruff old codger bit down to a tee, simon pegg as scotty was fantastic and I really felt he was having a whale of a time (especially when he was running through engineering yelling things about giving it all she can and dylithium crystals. The chap who plays Kirk was great, even did the slow...halting...speech followed by fasterspeechthat...kirk...is famousfor and my god they all looked the part too! I have to say i was a bit unsure of silar as spok but he came through aces, the whole thing was just pure enjoyment for me (except the bit that made me cry, but even that was good!).

I really hope they do some more of these movies with this cast, if this first one is anything to go by then the franchise shall indeed live long and prosper!

Just a footnote of irony here, the FOX network said that this was done and dead in 1966, what tossers lol

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ez! Everyone keeps going on about Pegg, thank you for pointing out the brilliance that was the casting of Bones. Thought he was the best character by miles, his mannerisms were perfect.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I though Bones was great but "dammit I'm a doctor" just did not sound right other than that he was great imo.

I saw that film and started praying for a remake of the original tv show imagine how cool it could be. They remade Kinght Rider 90210 ect why not some brialliant sci fi.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl I actually gave a cheer (out loud Oo) in the cinema when Bones did his "dammit jim i'm a Dr not a..." thing (which is pretty sad considering i went alone lol). Tbh I was really surprised when I saw the movie that bones was in it. Like you say everyone was going on about pegg who, although was great, only had a very minor role.

Soze, I have to admit while i was watching it i was thinking it would be freeking awesome if they made the tv series of alternate reality star trek. it would be totally doable tbh but the cast fees wuld be phenominal i should imagine lol.

Oh and i also gave a cheer at the end when spok did the "space the final fronteer..." speech, gave me a lump in the throat tbh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fucking shocking it was, I am not going to get into why because I will rant and I am having a bad enough day as it is. Visually it was superb, as far as plot goes it was a complete shocker.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!!

*throws holy water*

the power of christ compells th... aaargh shit that stuff burns!!

p.s. have you never seen a star trek movie before? i mean the wrath of Kahn wasn't exactly the best plot ever...imo the new one is consistant with the old, therefore it is good and all is well with the nerdiverse.

Lethul

FH is my second home

*throws holy water*

p.s. have you never seen a star trek movie before? i mean the wrath of Kahn wasn't exactly the best plot ever...imo the new one is consistant with the old, therefore it is good and all is well with the nerdiverse.

Just because it is as good as the old ones doesn't mean its good :)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I bloody loved it. Gives a contemptual 2 fingers to episodes 1, 2 and 3!

Would rep Ez but I can't yet lol.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

*throws holy water*

I have watched every minute of Star Trek ever filmed, read over 60 books as well. The film is a total betrayal, JJ Abrams fucks over the fans yet again.

soze

I am a FH squatter
JJ could never win with this IMO to make it mass market and watchable to people who do not know Star Trek he was always going to screw the hardcore fan. I really like Star Trek and i really liked the film for what it was.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I was completly Underwhelmed by it to be honest.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Fucking shocking it was, I am not going to get into why because I will rant and I am having a bad enough day as it is. Visually it was superb, as far as plot goes it was a complete shocker.

I hated it. It had me laughing but in that 'OMG this is so bad I have to laugh or I'll be ripping out the eyes of the person sat next to me way - for the record the person sat next to me was the GF who did like it......

Only highlight was Bones who I thought got the original McCoy spot on.

Kirk was crap (though at least he could act this time).
Scotty ....... well he obviously played it for laughs but wtf????
Spock - shown up by Nimoy & the fact that Nimoy is prehistoric & struggled to get his lines out says exactly what about him?
Uhura - I know she was supposed to be a blaxploitation figure in the original but I ask you??? & the whole Uhura & Spock thing???
Sulu was ok (though that's a ringing endorsement in this cast).
The Russian who I've never remembered the name of was even more fake Russian than the original.

Bring back Enterprise!!!!

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
All style and no substance. Visuals were mighty impressive mind you, watched in on Imax.

I remember when films actually had acting in them and didn't have to rely on sugar coating with loud noises and explosions to disguise a lack of plotline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom