St Georges Day!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
take the day off peeps! should be a national holiday anyways.

however it seems that if u celebrate it, u are classed as a nazi.. something wrong there.

:england:

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say it should be promoted a lot more than it currently is, national holiday would be nice but unlikely.

I know the town near me has stopped putting up things like St Georges day stuff as it just get complaints from the non-english residents, which is a big shame.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I know the town near me has stopped putting up things like St Georges day stuff as it just get complaints from the non-english residents, which is a big shame.

You would think most the bloody foreigners would appreciate the English celebrating.........

another bloody foreigner. :england:

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
its it a damn shame yes. we get lots of promotion for St. Patricks day.. but very little for St George's, maybes because they dont want to be associated with the national front?

as for complaints by non english residents.. sod them tbh.. if they object to people raising our national flag and celebrating England for 1 day a year.. why the hell they even here? if it sucks so bad go home (lol i sound like enoch powell).

its all down to being PC i guess.. dont wanna upset anyone etc.. but everyone else gets to celebrate their holidays and festivals without english peeps getting all hot under the collar.. so where's the problem?

there is actually a theory behind it all mind.. the so called complainers are always anymous.. and thats because they are from the national front.. they complain just to stir it all up and get the stories into the papers and onto TV, hoping there will be such a backlash across communities that peeps join em and blame non-english residents for the complaints.

its a nasty business :(

:england:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
its all down to being PC i guess.. dont wanna upset anyone etc.. but everyone else gets to celebrate their holidays and festivals without english peeps getting all hot under the collar.. so where's the problem?

i noticed that.

round here i havent seen anything (not even a simple flyer) mentioning its st georges day. but then at some point in the year, a massive festival thing for the indian community rolls in and takes over the park in town. you dont stop hearing about that, its advertised in the local papers and bits of paper shoved through the door to let you know.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I for one am going to have a kebab tonight in honour of our Turkish patron saint :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
as a stupid foreigner, may I ask whom St. George is? :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Can't say I'm that bothered about it. Why start making a big deal about St George all of a sudden? All seems a bit forced, more a backlash against Scots etc nationalism than any real tradition. Just cos they dress up as Mel Gibson and start carrying on about themselves at the first oppurtunity doesn't mean we have to start.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
He's got nothing to do with england either and his cult was brought back by the crusaders (ie french norman aristocracy) supplanting the homegrown anglosaxon St Edmund. If you want to celibrate an english saint celebrate him, rather than some fucking norman. We had to put up with these shitheads 900 yrs already, don't keep doffing ur cap to em by celebrating their fuckign saints day.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
why the hell they even here? if it sucks so bad go home (lol i sound like enoch powell).

rofl i dont believe enoch ever said "man this like totally sucks! FO home dude or tbh rivers of blood n stuff imo!!"

i saw a poll on the news this morning theyre thinking of scrapping may day bank holiday and having it on st georges day instead... so really we don't gain a bank holiday we just have it on a different day lol.

Speaking as a patriotic born and bred englishman...woman...ting... I for one would like to protest and say that WE WANT AN EXTRA BANK HOLIDAY!! god dammit all to hell and back we certainly do!

St George was a dude who slew a dragon so imo it makes him a bit of a bastard but he's our bastard and thats what counts! give us an extra day off work to honor him by watching telly, doing shoddy DIY and drinking beer before lunchtime, as englishpeoples we deserve that!!...Nay we infact Demand it!

I thankyou

*steps off shoddily made soap box*

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
r
St George was a dude who slew a dragon so imo it makes him a bit of a bastard but he's our bastard and thats what counts! give us an extra day off work to honor him by watching telly, doing shoddy DIY and drinking beer before lunchtime, as englishpeoples we deserve that!!...Nay we infact Demand it!

He's not our bastard though, he's nothing what so ever to do with england. He slew the dragon in syria AFAIR and was born in an area which is now part of turkey and never once had anything to do with england.

We have loads of perfectly decent saints who are from england, and lots who have strong links here. Although i find it ironic that the people who are xenophobic and jingoistic rally behind a foreigner and celibrate his day :)

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
On a side note...............

St Patrick...........Apostle of Ireland, born at Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland, in the year 387; died at Saul, Downpatrick, Ireland, 17 March, 493. [Some sources say 460 or 461. --Ed.]

He had for his parents Calphurnius and Conchessa. The former belonged to a Roman family of high rank and held the office of decurio in Gaul or Britain. Conchessa was a near relative of the great patron of Gaul, St. Martin of Tours.

Born in Scotland to Roman/Gallic parents.........some Irishman :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's st George. It don't get more english then that! :D

And he's no saint, he killed a dragon...bastard...should celebrate him by dancing on his rotted out intestines and singing songs of fluff and pink for some odd reference to the fact george was a boyhumper.

Oh and we have a female president, works out fine :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
"I slayed a dragon! I deserve a day!"

Attention whore, kkthx.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
While I agree that it sucks that English people can't be seen as patriotic without being complained at, I don't think St. George is the guy we should celebrate.

he is the patron saint of Canada, Catalonia, England, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Montenegro, Portugal, Serbia, the cities of Istanbul, Ljubljana and Moscow

He got around a bit, did George :/ Plus it seems a little odd that he is most famous for slaying a dragon. I admit i wasn't actually there, but I'm still called to doubt the truth of this :p It's quite easy to ride into the desert, then return 2 days later and say "Yep I slayed teh dragon, give me saintz"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's quite easy to ride into the desert, then return 2 days later and say "Yep I slayed teh dragon, give me saintz"

Well....i did it. Just, a while ago. Big one, living in a ..forest. Cursed one. With big breasted women chasing eachother around with cans of whipped cream. Barely made it out alive.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
am i the only one who thinks thats either half the story or a load of tripe?
Why would they complain over a few flags (altho in reality its pretty silly to put up english flags as mentioned before)

Anyhooo happy st george's day
800px-Flag_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire_(1200-1350).svg.png

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
On a side note...............

Born in Scotland to Roman/Gallic parents.........some Irishman :p
He may not have been irish, but at least he lived there for a large pert of his life and dedicated himself to working there and is the founder of the countries dominant religion.

St George probably didn't exist and was a legendary roman soldier anyway, bugger all to do with England, which just annoys me.

Why not have Bede as our patron saint, or one of the many others associated with england...

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Well....i did it. Just, a while ago. Big one, living in a ..forest. Cursed one. With big breasted women chasing eachother around with cans of whipped cream. Barely made it out alive.

Omgz! I hereby rename this day St. Seel day. Public holiday the world over. And in memory of this great day, girls will all get naked and run around with cream and so on.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Omgz! I hereby rename this day St. Seel day. Public holiday the world over. And in memory of this great day, girls will all get naked and run around with cream and so on.

tbh i would rathe rhave wintereenmas made a public holiday
another week off \o>

Gamah

Banned

Call it st **** day

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
cant you get like a constitution day or sumthin akin , habeas corpus day ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom