Help SSD to SATA?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Right, let me try to explain what I want to do.

I have a laptop with an SSD installed in it, I want to remove that hard drive and put the original sata hard drive back in. Thats easy enough but I am getting myself in a mess trying to suss out how to go about getting the entire system including programs and files on to the sata HD (it is in a caddy atm) so I can just fit it into the laptop and run windows (7 64bit) as though there has been no change.......I am confusing myself here....I think you see what I mean? Is it even possible? I know about Norton Ghost etc but I am fairly sure that won't do what I want due to the HD swap.

So, OS off SSD onto Sata HD in a caddy, SSD out, Sata HD in, boot as though it has always been that way.

Any help appreciated.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If Ghost will see your USB disk then a disk to disk copy will do exactly what you want. Make sure you pick the right source disk. Also not sure that the SSD install will work on a SATA disk.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I am about to try Ghost but HDClone gave a blue screen on boot (tried it by booting from usb with the cloned SATA HD in the caddy). So that is one program down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom