SS alliance Krondon raid

D

Draylor

4 non-unique drops and all decent looking compared with SC - makes a very nice change.

Leather vest looks very good - a better-than-alchemy ablative proc cant hurt either.

L

loxleyhood

Procs are great, but very annoying if they're charged like these ones.

S

skile

Leather Jerkin has better charge/proc than my Sidi-belt. Hope it will get better in next patch tho.

Charge atm:

absorbs: 50
value: 50

So 1 hit, the then charge is off :\.

G

greenfingers

very nice styff, indeed !!! ... give some for me ? :D

M

MesS°

Okok...

267G 45S and 32C that is my final offer for the hole lot...

P

Pin

Okay, had a sleep, so here's my view on Krondon...

I spent a few hours a week or so ago stealthing around and mapping the place, so pretty much knew where to go, although didn't have much indication of what the fights were really like - it seems that virtually no one on the US servers has raided here, there were no maps that I could find, no drop lists, the only info on the bosses was minimal info in the Albion Encounters guide, but nothing more.

We had just over 4fg last night (largely mixed groups, mostly level 45+), so I decided to take the harder half on (easy half is up to Scurceol Hyrde, hard half is down to Orylle).

There seems to be 2 levels of loot drops from the bosses, some level 50, 95qua, 25bonus and some level 51, 100qua, 35bonus. I'm presuming that the better stuff will only drop from the harder named bosses in the place, but as we only got 1 of them I wouldn't say that was certain.

Then there's all the ROG stuff. At the final count last night we had 31 ROG drops along with the 4 main drops. That was from ~2 hours actually raiding (took us a while to get moving at the start). Probably half were <level 50 armour and weapons so most would end up salvaged, but there were maybe 4 bits of jewelry that would make most people's SC templates (the best one was a ring with 7% matter/heat/crush and 19 con).

The Infi jerkin above has stats equal to overcharged MP SC gear (and equal to the Caer Sidi chest pieces), but the ablative reverse proc is of 150 value (so better than the 100 value alchemy proc) - I guess there would probably be lots of similar quality gear for other classes too. I believe it dropped from Drihten Elreden (see below), but I could be mistaken.

As for the mobs... Well, for the first parts you could probably take an exping group of level 40+ in there and be VERY satisfied by the rate of exp. The main problem with this is actually entering the place as the Ogre's outside could be a pain (still, a good level 40+ group shouldn't have a problem killing them and entering, or just charging and zoning). Patch 1.61 should make entering easier as there will be another zone-in point.

Moving south from the main entrance room, most mobs are orange-red on the way to the first boss we took on. For the first tunnels, the repop isn't too harsh and you can move fairly safely. After taking the west branch at the first fork you will eventually hit:

Deben se Gyende - This was one of the harder bosses that we actually beat. There are roughly 10-12 (purle) adds in the room with him and these seem to be on about a 30-60 second repop timer. The boss himself doesn't hit very hard, but takes a lot of killing. The adds need to be killed fast on spawn otherwise I could foresee problems. We had no real issues killing him, just took about 5 minutes with 4fg.

Back out the way we came, and take the east branch of the fork. Follow path onward and taking first left (east branch again) you'll come to some jellies, and at the end of the tunnel there is:

Fulafeallan - Named blob, who spawns many little blobs when fighting. The little ones die pretty fast, but the main one has over 100% hits (his health bar passed 100%, and went off the window). It took quite a while to get him below 100% health, but when he did the bar dropped fast until he IP'd (twice I think). Not particularly hard overall.

Back out again, and continue path south. Branch west is a deadend, so continue down, path bends to west until another fork. Taking the north branch you hit:

Krevo Ricik - I blinked and missed him being killed. Complete pussy, only 1 or 2 adds in the room aswell. 1fg should have no probs with him.

Out again, and follow south branch to crossroads. Mobs here are getting tough. High purple, almost instant pops, archers doing a lot of damage (bring BT). Moving west at the crossroads, you enter a room with 2 bosses:

Ulor and Jehrog se Bysen - Clean the adds out if you can (though they again pop very fast). Ulor is a wizard, Jehrog is a fighter so you should really attack Ulor first. However, when engaged, they each died in ~10 seconds. 1-2 groups should manage these.

Back to the X-roads and east you'll reach:

Drihten Elreden - An Ogre friar. Pull him out of the room away from his (neutral) students and fight him alone. His evade and parry rate were huge, so get behind him. He also uses UBER styles after he evades/parries (broadcasting his teachings to his students all the time). Adds from behind will heal him if they aren't dealt with quickly. He was mostly a straight zerg and petspam. Took 5 minutes to kill. He repopped as we were about to move out, so we killed him again.

Back to the X-roads and south... Mobs here are getting nightmarish in terms of repop. Almost permanently fighting 10 high purps. Before the corner we hit:

Lurfos the Herald - I don't know how he got pulled from around the corner, but we ended up fighting him in the middle of the insta-pop zerg so got completely owned. At this point we got the call to join the relic raid so we generally gave up fighting (not that it would have made much difference with the amount of aggro we had).

Around a couple of corners we would have hit Orylle and Orshom Brong. These would have completely owned us whatever, as we'd have needed at least 2fg more people for that pair.

Going out the other path from the entrance (towards Scurceol Hyrde) there are 4 other bosses (no time for them last night, so no real idea what they are like) and there is supposedly a random-pop boss somewhere in the dungeon, but we didn't see it.

All in all, it was fun. I'd recommend the dungeon to anyone wanting something different to Sidi.

P

Pin

Oh, I don't know if the jerkin (or any of the others) has any fancy looks, or anything (was playing my theurg, so couldn't model it). But I guess whoever gets it could tell us ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Procs are great, but very annoying if they're charged like these ones.

The 100qua, level 51 jerkin has a proc not a charge (and yes, I was crossing my fingers on the lotto, but I wasn't lucky). The charges are on the 95qua, level 50 stuff.

F

Flimgoblin

Fellowship did a similar raid last thursday - got to the same spot :) aggro from behind, left, right and in front = pain :)

Drihten dropped a 100% AF 102 item for us too - the Ogre Mentor's Hauberk, chain one this time. Had parry, hits, str and qui I think... can't remember the exact numbers but it was nice :)
Also had that 150/50% ablative reactive proc.

L

Larik-

Another krondon drop - Belt with 46 utility (8% two resists, +35ish hps, +9 con)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom