Fitness Squat Challenge! Anyone want in?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Day 2 in the books, did it while doing a pull up and push up routine. Took my mind off that pain anyway :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Forgot all about this. Already 80 squats behind on day two

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Day 2 done. Whoop. Had to throw in some other exercises to break it up a little.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It's twenty past eleven, I'm in my PJs.. I might just skip the day off on day four and do a bunch tomorrow

Just dive in where you can, make your own schedule to catch up after the rest day. Perhaps 40 squats each day, today and tomorrow? Or for the harder challenge with it's rest day tomorrow, do 50 today?

There's so many different schedules out there, there aren't any hard and fast rules. Key is just to get on board and stay on board for the rest of the month :clap:

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Ah man my legs are wobbly this morning. For once, not alcohol related!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Day 3 was done whilst the kids ate their tea. They were confused at first then cheered me on. It was tough, had a pretty hard leg workout this morning. Stairs will be interesting tomorrow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Day 3 was done whilst the kids ate their tea. They were confused at first then cheered me on. It was tough, had a pretty hard leg workout this morning. Stairs will be interesting tomorrow.
If I walk up Snowdon this weekend does that count?

I'm shit at doing exercise for exercise's sake. *really* shit. I can keep my legs in good nick. It's my upper body that's about as much use as a fucking 80 year old t-rex's arms :(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If I walk up Snowdon this weekend does that count?

I'm shit at doing exercise for exercise's sake. *really* shit. I can keep my legs in good nick. It's my upper body that's about as much use as a fucking 80 year old t-rex's arms :(

That was me until recently. I could walk 20 miles on a whim, but 30 push-ups would break me. I tore my calf muscle in June, finished my physical therapy a month ago. This is me getting back into swing of things.
Day 3 done... . Not sure if the midweek beers helped or hindered. Will find out tomorrow!
We'll done a push up or pull up challenge after this! :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Yup, I was going to suggest a push up challenge in November for Scouse and anyone else who wanted in :)

The thing with this kind of idea is it doesn't really feel like exercising for exercise sake because it only takes a few minutes, and can almost be done whilst doing something else. Like last night I had to wait in the kitchen whilst our 9 year old, and our fostered 3 and 5 year olds were eating dinner. With no adult present there tends to be carnage, but someone just has to be there and they're fine. Perfect time to crank out some squats.

And yes, were you doing the challenge Scouse, I think we could excuse you that days allocation for summitting Snowden.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got 6000 feet of climbing on the MTB on Saturday coming up but I'm shit at challenges.

I suggested a push up challenge at work. Everyone else is on about 50 straight now. I'm on, like, 6.

Guess I shouldn't be such a whiny little bitch in this thread tho. Good work all. Keep it up!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Got 6000 feet of climbing on the MTB on Saturday coming up but I'm shit at challenges.

I suggested a push up challenge at work. Everyone else is on about 50 straight now. I'm on, like, 6.

Guess I shouldn't be such a whiny little bitch in this thread tho. Good work all. Keep it up!

Hah.

My max is like... 12.
Although weights coming down so pushups will go up.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Day 6 done, that rest day really helped. Can feel it's easier already.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Decided to do crunches instead of squats :p up to 250 there as well.

Pushups up to 13 now :p

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'm glad that today is the second rest day, my legs neeeeed a break.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Pushups up to 16.

Goal is 2x20, but it's like 1x16, 1x10, 1x5 etc atm.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I don't understand this thread. Is it like a gay thing?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
@ECA You do 250 crunches (holy fuck) but (only..) 15 pushups?

I should have choosen the easy route, failed massively btw.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
@ECA You do 250 crunches (holy fuck) but (only..) 15 pushups?

I should have choosen the easy route, failed massively btw.

I did 16/11/8 last night :p But yeah.
My upper body has always been a lot weaker than my lower body.

Pre-ankle injury I was up to about 25 pushups, but even the weight of doing pushups was too much for my ankle for over a year, so I lost a lot of pushup strength and then didn't really start again.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Still with the challenge. It's actually getting easier than it seemed in the first week which surprises me. Shows how we adapt pretty fast once we commit. Mind you, I've not been doing any other workouts this last week, too much other shit going on. Need to refocus.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Last edited by a moderator:

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Got excited to see this one pop up again, might have to do another squat challenge :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom