Spurs to play 2-7-1 formation?

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Much as I like Martin Jol and appreciate that he wants to take the club places with a young mostly English squad, surely he must realise that we need more than midfielders to get there?

£7m for Jenas is way too much when you consider Carrick is better than him, Davids is better than him, Tainio is better than him. Hell he's only actually as good as a fully fit Sean Davis or Pedro Mendes which really just makes him and extremely expensive substitute. Not forgetting we have Tom Huddlestone to come through yet, god knows how he'll feel now that we spent all that cash on someone just a few years older than him. Maybe we could play him on the right side of midfield but that would probably be a waste and to be honest, I think Wayne Routledge is better than Jenas also.

I can only guess that we'll be selling Brown, Mendes and Davis but not only has the deadline gone but it's quite hard to sell people that aren't playing.

p.s if he does well and we fly up the league then ignore this post. I'm his biggest fan and knew it was a good move as soon as we got him.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He's got potential, which was never taken anywhere at Newcastle.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I think Jenas is totally overrated, and I'm so glad Wenger didn't follow up his interest in him. He never goes forward, and constantly passes back, over and over. Tottenham have a fairly decent squad now, although I've no idea how you managed to get so many players in such a short period. Just hope you don't pull a Leeds. ;)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
They're all on very low wages as the only "star" we've signed is Davids. Even Defoe wasn't earning much till this season, and even now it's only about £25-30k, not like Leeds who signed dodgy players like Danny Mills and Seth Johnson and offered them in excess of £50k a week, sheer lunacy. I just worry that we keep strengthening the same area which isn't actually our weakness. We'll miss Edman as he's a great fullback, even if this Korean fella is better than him it's always good to have quality as back-up.

God knows how this 6'3" Polish forward from Derby is gonna help us out either, can't really see him setting the Premiership alight.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Selling Edman for that korean dude......drunk coach tbh.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Lee is actually a world class quality Left back, this wil all be seen in the coming season. He is a good defender as well as a great attacking option just wait and see.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Calaen said:
Lee is actually a world class quality Left back, this wil all be seen in the coming season. He is a good defender as well as a great attacking option just wait and see.

I don't doubt that I just would rather have kept Erik Edman in the squad as we're quite limited if Lee gets injured.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Cracking game between Villa and Spurs this evening. I don't think our squad is really up to much, and I'm not a big fan of David O'Dreary, but that was exciting attacking football from both teams ... shame more of the Premiership can not put on the same sort of display, Chelsea included.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Calaen said:

Not gonna talk against you on that, BUT Edman is not 1 of the weaker links in Spurs squad imo. Lee also good defender but not in any way a real improvement to the squad to switch those 2. And as Jonaldo says in todays footie you need more options then 1 to last a season.

Oh well Rennes needed Edman more it looks.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Cracking game between Villa and Spurs this evening. I don't think our squad is really up to much, and I'm not a big fan of David O'Dreary, but that was exciting attacking football from both teams ... shame more of the Premiership can not put on the same sort of display, Chelsea included.

Villa play excellent attacking football, I particularly liked the stuff they did against West Ham earlier ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom