Music Spotify

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yo peeps!

I want to get Spotify premium as I get really bored with the radio and don't want to spend on new music right now. I've got some spare cash each month from a reduced mobile contract.

However, does anyone know of any deals, or have any codes that would save me some money on the normal 9.99 a month?

Cheers!

eksdee

FH is my second home
It's only £5 a month unless you really need/want to use it on your smartphone/tablet. As for deals, can't help you sorry ;C

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, I want premium as I really want to listen to offline music on my phone in the car, or stream online stuff.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Spotify is frankly awful for the artists. The pay rate is disgustingly low.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
To be honest Wazz, I don't care about that. I still buy CD's for really good music.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
That's how they make it free though, I'm using the free version for it now, because I'm lazy and cba to torrent, I feel I'm doing my part :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There's a good reason lots of underground/smaller artists aren't on it or have removed themselves from it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
There's a good reason lots of underground/smaller artists aren't on it or have removed themselves from it.
Getting your name out there > Money

And you said it, underground/smaller artists - because not many people listen to them, therefore it's profitable, if say a band get 50p a listen per song, imagine the money the bigger artists get - same thing applies for CD sales and stuff.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Students used to get a discount I think fella. Not really heard of them doing much else. Probably got a better chance of getting one of their gift cards on sale somewhere at retail.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Getting your name out there > Money

And you said it, underground/smaller artists - because not many people listen to them, therefore it's profitable, if say a band get 50p a listen per song, imagine the money the bigger artists get - same thing applies for CD sales and stuff.

A lot of them found that it was reducing their income. Why buy the music when it's on Spotify? For bigger artists it's ok, but if you really, really rely on people buying your music to feed you then spotify reduces your income.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom