Spot the difference.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/NR/rdonly...1E7-6378AF60DC59/0/ZebraCrossing02200x150.jpg

http://www.zombiezodiac.com/rob/ped/dublin/11 speed bump.jpg

Why the hell is it that more and more people seem to be treating speed bumps like zebra crossing? Just because they have white paint on them doesn't make them legitimate people crossings!!! This is really pissing me off. i'm fed up of driving thru council estates and getting filthy looks off people cos i fail to stop on speed bumps to let people cross the road.

What the hell is wrong with these people!!

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Mojo said:
http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/NR/rdonly...1E7-6378AF60DC59/0/ZebraCrossing02200x150.jpg

http://www.zombiezodiac.com/rob/ped/dublin/11 speed bump.jpg

Why the hell is it that more and more people seem to be treating speed bumps like zebra crossing? Just because they have white paint on them doesn't make them legitimate people crossings!!! This is really pissing me off. i'm fed up of driving thru council estates and getting filthy looks off people cos i fail to stop on speed bumps to let people cross the road.

What the hell is wrong with these people!!

RoadRage4TehWin!!!!11!!one!!11

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
u shouldn't whine imo, if that are yourspeed bumps, (i hardly can see em)

the ones here are like 30cm high =\

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
u shouldn't whine imo, if that are yourspeed bumps, (i hardly can see em)

the ones here are like 30cm high =\

I don't have a problem with speeds bumbs or their size, i just have an issue with pedestrians walking out infront of my car without looking then giving u the filthy look when you slam on the brakes to AVOID RUNNING THEM OVER.

And why are they putting themselves (and me) at risk?, because then cant tell the difference between a crossing and a speed bump.

Mmm maybe i shud just start running them over :p

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Rellik said:
such a lame speed bump.
its sooo tiiiny :touch:

Ay e they are those new lame ones that 90% of the cars on the road can drive over or between without actually touching them, which is another topic worthy of a rant, cos from what i can see they serve no purpose other than to slow down drivers already driving slow (my mum and other old ladies) to confuse pedestrians and to direct that normal drivers (me) into the middle of the road to avoid them COMPLETELY. The only reason i could think of for these were to allow emergency vehicles to continue without slowing down, but it makes you wonder if they thought that no one else wud actually figure out that you can drive between or directly over them.

so whats the point in having them? someone tell me :>

(not there not all like this, but i can think of only 2 in the city i live and about 2000 others that comply with my first paragraph)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
in theory they are a good idea, but in practice they are a retards good idea

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
The supposed to be bottlenecks for cars, forcing them to slow and be curtious. If it was an accident balckspot, then it's there to make it safer. If it's STILL an accident blackspot, then it's the drivers fault, Thats the way the councils will see it.

You'd love it here in jolly old manchester, as certain area's are having the speed bumps removed within the next 12 months. Apparently, where they put them initially, the accidents have increased. They did a 'study' and have decided that the standard of driving is better than it was a few years ago, but the bumps are throwing traffic into each other.

So, out they come. The two junctions that are shown in your pics are typical examples of whats being removed here soon. Pedestrians are actually becoming hazards as well, getting in the way of moving traffic and blocking line of sight.

That second junction (beleive this or not, I didn't at first but this is true) is actually one of the few peices on the road where you can knock down a pedestrian and not be held accountable. It's there to regulate traffic flow and slow traffic down, NOT a pedestrian crossing, so if a pedestrian steps out in front of a car, it's the pedestrians fault. Also, raised chicane is for vehicles to wipe out on, rather than scatter into oncoming traffic (I.E. brings vehicles to a stop quickly).

This isn't an absolute law, mitigating circumstances do take predident, but 9/10 times they can't do shit other than complain. Markings are for drivers, NOT pedestrians, despite that the pavement is closer.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i hate speed bumps, they got them outside the burgerking drive through and tbh after scoffing half a ton of mouse-cow burgers you dont want to be bounced off the car ceiling :puke:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gotta loooooooooooooooooooove speedbumps.

5am.

Empty road.

Speedbump a good quartermile ahead.
chaWMF46.JPG

Wrom wroom.

Wrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!
358_102-0211_IMG.JPG~640x640x85.jpg

Hit speedbump.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
carjump72dpi.jpg

Get a crappy car and get most out of those goverment issued lowrider bashers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom