Sports personality..

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone else pissed that Joe Calzaghe didnt even make the top 3?

And not being funny but Zara "Show Jumping - The Pursuit Of The Rich and utterley pointless sport" Phillips won...

WTF !?!?!!?

Joe has been awesome over his career and gets no recognition whatsoever from the British Press etc. Ok he got Welsh sports personality of the year the other night but that was always gonna be a given. I think its a fucking disgrace he didnt even make the top three...I want Joor to go and seek out the conspiracy behind this...

Darren Clarke after all he has been through this year was a shitload more deserving than some poncy show jumper as well..

Gutted :(

*anyone ever seen Showjumping offered at P.E time at a normal school?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
evzy said:

And not being funny but Zara "Show Jumping - The Pursuit Of The Rich and utterley pointless sport" Phillips won...

WTF !?!?!!?

Joe has been awesome over his career and gets no recognition whatsoever from the British Press etc. Ok he got Welsh sports personality of the year the other night but that was always gonna be a given. I think its a fucking disgrace he didnt even make the top three...I want Joor to go and seek out the conspiracy behind this...

Darren Clarke after all he has been through this year was a shitload more deserving than some poncy show jumper as well..

Gutted :(

*anyone ever seen Showjumping offered at P.E time at a normal school?

and Phil taylor :) he shoulda been up there also...darts a bigger sport than equestiran and rowing :( yes zara philips and steve redgrave won it :(

tis a loada posh bastard who obviously choose the winner and not the public.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
utter disgrace innit. its probably been rigged by upper class twats phoning in about 1000 votes each coz they can afford it.

true there wasnt really an outstanding candidate... but come on.. zara "im part horse myself" phillips ahead of darren clarke? i smell a rat.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ricky Hatton should have won it, even if he is a dirty blue. :(

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:

If he got off his ass and fought Mikkel Kessler.
He might have had a chance ;)

Givf
Calzaghe vs Kessler

Marc

FH is my second home
Good to see St Helens getting the team of the year and our coach, Daniel Anderson getting coach of the year!

As for sports Personality, I think Zara Phillips is a worthy winner, but I also think Calzaghe and Hatton would be too.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Also wtf is with Theo Walcott winning Young Sports Personality of the Year, aside from being a paperweight in the world cup

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Blackjack said:

Givf
Calzaghe vs Kessler
Ye, would love to have a match like that, shame that they can't figure it out.
If it's problems with sharing the money, I'd say 50 % of a BIG chunk of money is a lot better than nothing.
Hell, I'd go with the 10 % :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Blackjack said:

Givf
Calzaghe vs Kessler

I agree. He's one heck of a coward.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Calzaghe wants bigger fish than Kessler now - I think he wants 2/3 big fights and will walk away from it all then (assuming he remains undisputed). He wants to go across the pond and whup some yank ass as thats the only thing that will really give him the recognition he deserves. Kessler would have been a good fight for him 4/5 fights ago but now because he aint a yank I don't think he will get a look in - still would rather him fight Kessler than Manfredo who he is fighting next who was in The Contender etc but that will put him over more with the Americans for his big payday against Taylor or someone like that.

19 title defenses - I think thats enough to warrant sports personality of the year - ahead of all the rest of them - including Hatton who if he carries on like he has - will deserve it himself pretty soon.

Fucking robbed... I am still fuming :(

~edit~

Reading that myself again - I don't mean Kessler isnt a big fish, just more the financial rewards etc will be less than him taking out a big American name - and thats really what Joe wants now - recognition imo..

Marc

FH is my second home
He will tear manfredo a new arsehole tbh. Boxing with the big boys is a farcry from winning a fixed fight for reality TV. The matches were so obviously fixed on that show that it was a joke.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Wonk said:
I agree. He's one heck of a coward.
lol...
Its down to Kessler to accept whatever terms he is given, not the other way round. Calzaghe has more to gain from fighting someone than fighting the same type of "local" boxer like he has been fighting for years (and look what he has to show for it, he is barely known till he gave a big hitter a boxing lesson).
Tbh in his shoes i would have done exactly the same, he isnt getting any younger so why waste more time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom