Splinter Cell

Y

Yaka

this game grabs MGS" by the arse and gives a got spanking.

sound it top draw and the explosions are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

W

whipped

Just a pity that the demo on OXM doesn't allow you to invert the Y Axis. I tried playing it upside down, but my head started hurting :(

S

shabazz

woooooo

Roll on this weekend! :D :D :D :D :D :D

<as a side note, I'm really enjoying Silent Hill 2 atm (ps2 and xbox, pc soon, and no idea about GC)>

O

Ono

Originally posted by Yaka
this game grabs MGS" by the arse and gives a got spanking.

I await the PC version - but EDGE magazine disagree with you on the spanking MGS2 bit.

They say SC is way too linear and the AI of the enemy is dreadful.

7/10 - no MGS2 beater.

O

old.unakc

All edge ever does is find a good game and give it a shit rating cause they seem to think it makes them feel more clever or somthing. splinter celll is a fine game with a story that makes scence.
And mgs2 is borrrringg!! mgs1 now thats a game.

Y

Yaka

think all over version will come out a month later somat to do wit exclusivity

I

iamtheone

So Splinter Cell isn't another poorly directed film pretending to be a groundbreaking game, can't think what that must have been.

And Edge only ever give good ratings(in the few issues that i have bought) to games that 'push the genre forward' or 'create something original', so any game that does not have these 'key elements' in there eyes is a poor game

O

old.unakc

thats not true, they said mario sunshine wasnt new or groundbreakin but still gave it like 9/10
and morrowind is very differnt yet they gave that 4/10
hmm what else is there, oh yes halo, good game yes, but nothing new right, well they gave that 10.

W

wolfeeh

indeed

edge is a very hippocritical (sp?) magazine... i mean what the hell? msg1 & 2 are both "very linear"

what i've seen of splinter cell makes it look superior to mgs2.

and frankly giving morrowind 4/10 is fucking ridiculous.

S

Sar

Edge are up their own arses. I've been subbed to them for 8 years, but the rest of the mag is usually a decent read.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by iamtheone
So Splinter Cell isn't another poorly directed film pretending to be a groundbreaking game, can't think what that must have been.

And Edge only ever give good ratings(in the few issues that i have bought) to games that 'push the genre forward' or 'create something original', so any game that does not have these 'key elements' in there eyes is a poor game

Fancy explaining how 7/10 is a bad rating and equates to a poor game? As if the idea of ratings wasn't ludicrous enough, the fact that people can't even seem to grasp that anything above 5 is a better than average game is infuriating. 10/10s SHOULD be reserved for games that are ground breaking and push the genre forward simply because the score implies that the game couldn't really be improved.

E

Embattle

A review is always going to be tainted by a reviewers personal view, thus some games they find crap you may like.

SC looks like MGS2 and I found that very annoying and crap.

B

Buzz007

I think SC is absolutely brilliant, frustrating in places yes, but a fine game. I can see that it wouldnt appeal to all though. Its quite slow paced and a lot of observation and thought is required, well more than usuall :)

W

whipped

Took me from 5:00pm until 11:30pm to conquer the C.I.A level last night. What great fun. Lovely game!

P

plightstar

its on me Christmas Wish list, I hope it macthes my expectations.

Personnally I thought the MGS series are pants, the games iare far to easy, plus they are not very stealthly, when compared to PC games such as Thief or Deus EX

B

Buzz007

Roll on Deus Ex 2, now which version do i buy XBox or PC....hmmm.

L

legendario

Originally posted by Buzz007
Roll on Deus Ex 2, now which version do i buy XBox or PC....hmmm.

The fact that you have to ask yourself that has me worried.

That aside I have wet dreams about Deus Ex 2

O

old.UKTwister

Well there won't be too much in it in the graphics stakes.

Cant comment on the multiplayer, all i know was deus ex1 stinked at it!

Probably comes down to Controller or mouse? Tv or Monitor?

S

shabazz

whatever comes first

(which i think i'll be xbox)

D

Durzel

Originally posted by whipped
Just a pity that the demo on OXM doesn't allow you to invert the Y Axis. I tried playing it upside down, but my head started hurting :(
People who use inverted controls (invert mouse, etc) are clearly delusional anyway and would most likely find playing upside down to be a completely rational act, which is probably why it wasn't included.

P

plightstar

I hate inverted, but my friend loves it and can't play a game without it.

W

whipped

Inverted is the correct way to play. It just means I'd be better at flying Sam Fisher, if I got on his back, than you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom