Spiritmaster ToA stuff.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Basically I was just wondering (having little knowledge or experience of Atlantis) what items/artifacts are more or less a necessity in a Spiritmaster template. I'm full Supp, and haven't got any artis/scrolls yet. What stuff should I aim for? I'd like to know so I can keep an eye out for scrolls along my travels, and such. :)

Cheers

Sentimos

Banned
Mobius said:
Basically I was just wondering (having little knowledge or experience of Atlantis) what items/artifacts are more or less a necessity in a Spiritmaster template. I'm full Supp, and haven't got any artis/scrolls yet. What stuff should I aim for? I'd like to know so I can keep an eye out for scrolls along my travels, and such. :)
Cheers

You should get
GoV(Guard of Valor)
MS(Maddening Scalors)
TG(Tartoras Gift)/Champ wep
AT(Alantis Tablet)
CS(Cloudsong)
JS(Junior Sash) or what ever spelling

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Mobius, when you say you have little experience with ToA because you are relatively new or that you are re-rolling/coming back after a long break and want to know what the current standard is?

If you didn't know already in patch 1.81 ToA is going to become alot easier, now thats still a fair way away yet but it should be something you consider because when it does hit everybody will be able to get uber templates fairly easily.

If you play rather casually you might want to think about getting some easier arti like traldors (rather than taratos) and just using them until it gets easier. I would also get Erinys Charm rather than Atlantis template, you will get a shape change from scalars.

On a final note this is a link to two extremely good templates that will be fairly easy to get once 1.81 hits. While you are supp spec you should use the template with +11 darkness but if you switch to dark spec you can use the other one with better resists.

Edit: If you hadn't guessed the good templates are the ones posted by Brite. Yes he is useful for something... ;)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
Mobius, when you say you have little experience with ToA because you are relatively new or that you are re-rolling/coming back after a long break and want to know what the current standard is?

If you didn't know already in patch 1.81 ToA is going to become alot easier, now thats still a fair way away yet but it should be something you consider because when it does hit everybody will be able to get uber templates fairly easily.

If you play rather casually you might want to think about getting some easier arti like traldors (rather than taratos) and just using them until it gets easier. I would also get Erinys Charm rather than Atlantis template, you will get a shape change from scalars.

On a final note this is a link to two extremely good templates that will be fairly easy to get once 1.81 hits. While you are supp spec you should use the template with +11 darkness but if you switch to dark spec you can use the other one with better resists.

Edit: If you hadn't guessed the good templates are the ones posted by Brite. Yes he is useful for something... ;)

I read about the new patch. I guess it isn't worth spending hours farming or wasting plat on scrolls until the new patch comes is it? Isn't +11 supp quite important? I never really understood the point of +spec if you're already at 50 supp for example.

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Mobius said:
I read about the new patch. I guess it isn't worth spending hours farming or wasting plat on scrolls until the new patch comes is it? Isn't +11 supp quite important? I never really understood the point of +spec if you're already at 50 supp for example.

Well once you hit 50 with bonuses the difference is so small you wont even notice it.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
You just have to remember that the patch won't be for a bit yet. GoA has got slightly better at keeping up with Mythic's patches although I would expect it to still be at least 6 months before we get 1.81. There are some cheap templates about which would only take a few days to get and you can then RvR with that in the meantime. Just make sure you get the encounters done now and hold onto any scrolls you want, that way when 1.81 hits you will have a head start.

To answer the question about the +skill in your template. With casting damage the modified value (ie skill + bonus from template and RR) just affects the variance in the damage you do against lvl 50 targets. If you have 50 modified skill you will always do about the same amount of damage.

However for melee classes the modified skill value affects your weapon skill so tanks all aim for +11 in the weapon they are speccing in.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I guess the patch is still a way off. I went to housing and got what cheap scrolls I could. It looks like Immolated Ring, Ring of the Torrent might be very difficult to gain. :( I guess 3/3 scrolls are pretty rare, and Arbiters too. :(

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Mobius said:
Yeah, I guess the patch is still a way off. I went to housing and got what cheap scrolls I could. It looks like Immolated Ring, Ring of the Torrent might be very difficult to gain. :( I guess 3/3 scrolls are pretty rare, and Arbiters too. :(

Immolated is a pretty rare drop but it can be farmed over and over again fairly easily, its only the ML1.1 step. Ring of the Torrent can be farmed with a ML9 summ sm so neither one is outrageously expensive like say ring of the heavens.

3/3 scrolls are currently rare but 1.81 means that all scrolls drop with the same probability so they should are the ones you can wait on if any. Arbiters papers aren't that rare but you will have to farm them yourself although they drop off blue-orange con mobs so are nice and easy for a sm to farm. It takes a few hours but you should be able to get yourself a book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom