Spirited Away

Embattle

FH is my second home
Who has seen this animated film by Hayao Miyazaki, and what did you think of it?

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Embattle said:
Who has seen this animated film by Hayao Miyazaki, and what did you think of it?

It got rave reviews from Jonathan Ross on Film 2003, and I believe the concensus on the old BW forums was that it was good.

Looking to get this in DVD meself.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I only asked because a friend mentioned it to me and also let me borrow Mononoke, I also saw a program the other night talking about how good Hayao Miyazaki animated films are and I really enjoyed the film Akira.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen it, I liked it, so muchso I got the import DVD, not as good as 3x3 Eyes series though - I used to be a bit of an anime freak years ago :clap:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Mark Kermode on R5live said it was very good, and he is normally very critical of any film. If I see it in the rental shop, I'll get it out.

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
I've yet to see it - since it wasn't a US blockbuster (and even though it was distributed by The Mouse), it was in the UK cinemas for about 20 minutes :mad:.

Anyway, there's a trailer on the Apple website here. (requires QuickTime)

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I loved it - even managed to find a cinema playing it without the american dubbed voice-overs! Will be getting hold of the DVD very soon methinks.

Htwo

Fledgling Freddie
I was also lucky enough to see the dubbed version in a cinema and I really enjoyed it.

I think I'll be renting it to see all the little details I missed the first time, but I doubt I'll buy it. But thats because I rarely buy dvd's, I only own 5...

NiteFall

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely stunning. I heard that there may be an IMAX release in the pipeline, and if so, I'm first in the queue. Admittedly it wasn't as good as some of Miyazakis earlier work, Totoro in particular. But that's kinda like saying that Da Vincis Last Supper isn't quite as good as the Mona Lisa.

yakumo

Fledgling Freddie
Htwo said:
I was also lucky enough to see the dubbed version in a cinema and I really enjoyed it.
er, itcheh's point was he was lucky enough to see the NOT dubbed version :p

fantastic film, had it for ages i always hunt down ghibli movies as soon as i can, all the ghibli movies are GREAT, just some are greater than others :) , and they all piss over anything disney's ever done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom