Spirit Cabalist, albions manachanter.

O

old.Sepiritz

Id like to bring to attention, for all those matter cabbies out there, that my spec, spirit, is pretty fun to play.

First of all, my pet is tough.. Really nasty to be honest.
My sapphire killed a skald that was chasing me around while i was sprinting, he even used IP. My sapphire has also duelled a bonedancers pets and survived for like five minutes. Only reason it lost was ofcourse the infinite heals that the healer pets gave.

Secondly, but definitely greatest, the resistance debuffs..
When I play my icewizard I can debuff for 10% on a nuke and then spam my baseline dds and do like 300 damage on targets with normal rvr resists.
Thats decent, cant complain really..
But with my spirit cabbie, I debuff them once then baseline lifetap them for 60% health and nuke for cap damage. That means 422 damage without mastery of magery RA. About 435 with MoM1 and 448 with MoM2.. And I restore my own health with 250-300 every time. And every 30 minutes I have MoC up and woe to the tank that tries to beat me up then...

My damage cap is lower on cabbie but the effective damage output is way higher. I can safely say I nuke everything for cap damage except hibs with baod or someone with active resist RA.
Then couple this damage with the added damage of a Ruby Simulacrum thats about 50-150 depending on resists i believe, and then I outdamage my icewizard in pure dd'ing for sure.
And if you prefer, you can always use the pet like I do, spot the healing supportchar, smack pet on him, then pick out the enemy casters and debuff them and then 2-3 shot them.

So my advice would be, respec to 24 body, 11 matter, 47 spirit and become our realms primary nukers.
11 matter for first nearsight, it might always annoy someone.
47 spirit for the last Body and Spirit debuffs (makes the air theurgs nipples stiffen when they nuke for cap damage every time (666dmg anyone?)).
and 24 body for lesser nuke variance, will probably need +11 skill from gear too. I can also heal for around 200ish with that, not that i bother but its nice to have.

(Topic disclaimer, I know I dont have a pbaoe like they do, but in pure DD power and caster pet, it can be a valid comparison..)

I know Exinferis respecced to spirit before me but havent seen any comments from him about it, figured id update people a bit. ;)

F

-frostor-

combined with sorcer in group who also lifetap nukes ^^

P

Puppetmistress

It's the best class we Albs can get with debuffing own damage I guess. Still it doesn't really compare to PBAoE, 179x3 nukes, 9 sec stun (if debuffed on everything except merc/arms/zerker/warrior/savage), speed2, focusshield :)

But it's a viable spec atm with the skyhigh resists I think :)

P

Pin

Spirit Cabby is one of the next projects on my list ;)

O

old.Sepiritz

Indeed, and minstrels find their DD's do 200ish damage too and theyre not at all displeased.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by -frostor-
combined with sorcer in group who also lifetap nukes ^^

Combined with a body-sorc you can debuff everything AND nuke with DD209 body-nuke :)

T

Tilda

nope yoyur wrong :p

the best combo is a spirit cabby + air therug.
add in a sorc if you want, but cabby debuffs spirt and body there isnt much that can handle 800 + dammage ever 2 seconds :D

if your a spirit cabby, you need to tell the sorc and theurg in yoru group to assist you.
hell, imo nukers in general need to assist more but thats another matter.

Tilda

A

Aule Valar

yes! give spirit debuffs, :D
nuking with a 50% debuff would be rather fun, and you could probably persuade 3 theurgs to join you with that, lots of pbt to stack, and uber nuking

T

Tilda

also, note that we cant ome near a mana chanter.

I dont have the exact numbers but they have a base lvl 50 DD which delves at around 179 ours is lvl 45 and delves for 130 ish.
Also, by speccing spirit we lose a LOT of utility we lose a high disease if we were body specced, we lose aoe dot + ST dot if we were mana spec. Befor people rush off and respec to this spec. Think about what you would do.
Remember, mana chanters work well due to 3 things, stun, debuff and high base delve nuke.
so they stun you, debuff you and your dead by the time the stun wears off. with cabablists people can always just run away. Theres nothing you can do to stop them.
Also, remember that the AoE snare is on the same timer as root immunity, so once youve snared you cant root.

But having said that... our team leader is pushing for a lvl 50 179 delve DD... now THAT would be cool.

Tilda

Y

-yoda-

im gonna be trying out some rare spec lines tonight "1,62 goes live usa" so ill be maiking lots of lvl 30's with different specs :)

i know it aint the full effect due to no being 50 but it prolly would show somewhat if the specs good or not :p

E

Exinferis

i wasnt gonna mention it cause i didnt want spirit cabalist to be the new fotm ;)

but yeah, spirit cabalist is way more fun then matter imo :clap:

and btw, notice signature :p
(landshark that came up with that :p)

A

Apathy

Spirit cabs are easy to lvl up as well. Mine is lvl 25 or something. :p

a.

J

Jiggs

pve is like extremely boring as a spirit cabalist unless u like watching your pet solo endless yellows etc...

one thing you forgot to mention is the uber mana the reclaim spell gives when you are full spirit

and its not a 50% debuff when you are full spec its just like other buff spells its 50% x 1.25 another thing people always forget...

R

rugged

I share Exinferis' feelings, about being a tad afraid that spirit cabbies might become the new FoTM, but i am guessing (hoping really) that ppl will still go for the common Matter/body spec ;)
Or else i won't be a rarity in the average xp-group anymore, and ofcourse i wouldn't want that to happen :D

edit: typo

F

Flimgoblin

I'd say spirit cabbie+full body sorc is better than the spirit cabbie+air theurg.. only need to debuff once :)

F

fl_gorre

id love to grp with a full spirit cabby
debuffing for other ppl is great but you i never get to see the end result
so plz give more spirit cabbies! ;)
(ill debuff your dots :p )

V

vindicat0r

Originally posted by Tilda

Remember, mana chanters work well due to 3 things, stun, debuff and high base delve nuke.
so they stun you, debuff you and your dead by the time the stun wears off.
Tilda

Actually a mana chanter debuff's first as then the stun will indeed last 9 secs on all support charcs < nerf determination 4 ^^ > and thers no support class able to live 9 secs debuff'd to heat. 1 shotting shabby alb aval casters was not unheard of for me :D. The sick thing is mana chanters get this unbelievable debuff ablilty while not losing possibly 1 of the best way's to lvl ..... Focus shield + healer = ubah xp :D

P.S If there not a total n00b chant0r that is btw

M

moona

are we discussing the mana chanter or the spirit caba ? ;p

L

Luv_Bunny

looks nice, i might try it, when i'm finished here at school...

T

tazzke

Wooot finally i know where Matje is hiding :p (leveling omg)

time for some spamming tonight :p

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by rugged
I share Exinferis' feelings, about being a tad afraid that spirit cabbies might become the new FoTM, but i am guessing (hoping really) that ppl will still go for the common Matter/body spec ;)
Or else i won't be a rarity in the average xp-group anymore, and ofcourse i wouldn't want that to happen :D

edit: typo

personally i am praying they do become FoTM, i need debuffs damitt

R

rugged

Hmmm, maybe in the interest of the realm it would be best if a few new spirit cabbies pop up ;)
And Tazz, there will be no spamming me :p

Btw, i have a question regarding pets in AC, is it 'normal' that they lag all over the place? (Maybe this is a well-known fact or summit, but i have been away for a few months).

edit: Must learn how to handle a darned keyboard someday ;)

F

Fagane

pets, mobs, walls, all is bad in AC, that place is not bugged. Its a bug.

Fagane

A

Apathy

Floors are bugged too.

Favourite bug = pull a mob...watch it zig zag all the way to you then disappear for ten minutes whilst you have it /faced and your char rotates around...then the mob pops up right in front of you. Sometimes with a friend!

a.

R

rugged

Hmmm.... I kinda hate AC, buggy floors/walls which make your pet and mobs act stupidly, thus making my spiritcabby kinda useless.... Just what i need, a cabby who is even less group-friendly than your average matter/body cabalist.... I never thought i would say this, but i miss the days Lyonesse was the place to be for exping over lvl 50... Hell i even miss the days there was no Lyo or Dartmoor, when all exping had to be done in a non-itemized Barrows ;P Btw, sorry for changing the subject a bit Vile ;)

O

old.chim aira

i'm drophunting with my cabalist in AC atm, you just have to figure out the places where to hunt, the first part is good, and the acaters or what's their name in the barracks don't lag that much either, haven't died in 4 hours now, pretty good for a bugged dungeon, come join me on friday matje :D

R

rugged

I am not quite usefull just yet Chimmie, but i do appreciate your offer - Maybe i can come back once i have soloed my ass to lvl 45+ or something, somewhere far away from AC ;P

O

old.Zeikerd

I'm also thinking of speccing Spirit, 46 spirit, 28 body. I can nuke after a debuff and I can debuff for theurgists. Cant do shit besides that though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom