Spellcrafting wishlist :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by stinkie
If I where you Id wait till SI is released. I had both my theurg and my infil's Spell craft template all sorted until I fould out about some of the items available in SI. they are really really amazing. e.g a quest that anyone can do that gives you 2 bracers to choose from out of 8 different types, yes i said 2 !! all the different types of bracer I saw would come close to somthing you would expect to see drop from the DF prince.

I only mentioned the bracer quest here but you can be sure there are going to be a few more real nice items come SI. so best not to go spending billions of plat getting 100% qual armour weps shield and whatever all overspeced will 100% qual jewels just yet :p

cant remember link to bracer info but will post it when i see it again.

If you read up, you'll see I included the 2 bracers from that quest.

I also mentioned that this was the best set I had been able to find, including published SI Albion items. Yes, there may be better, and when we know about them, it is very quick to tweak a setup again.

B

belth

Originally posted by Pin

Basically, you get a better rate of Utility/Embue cost with +skills than the rest (first level of skill is free to add), next is resists, and then +hits and +stats are last.

Sure you can group all the +skills on 1 item and get 80 utility, but after doing 1 or 2 items like that you'll be struggling to get much over 60 utility on the others.

Still, it's a nice item :) Some math genius could figure out a way to calculate a real utility value of one item in respect to total gem placement of the whole set. Or something to that effect.

There was a nice console program that calculate ideal itemry for a given class, but sadly it only used the Mad Troll (or something) database which contains only middie items. I'm pretty sure that with some work (compared to starting the whole thing from scratch) it could be modified to calculate ideal gem placement.

O

old.LandShark

OK pin, I stand corrected on the overcharging front. =)
Twiddled yours around a load, lost +3thrust, most of the matter and spirit resist, but required only a 99%qua hauberk and used the epic cloak instead of grand summoner's mantle. Which I still think is a silly item to PLAN your spellcrafting around; could be many many moons before you get your hands on that one... :)
Also this plan doesn't require masterpiece gems...
Not that it's in any way BETTER btw, merely a load cheaper.

Config Report

Stats:
Str: 73 Int: 0 Hits: 204
Con: 75 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 76 Cha: 0
Qui: 76 Emp: 0

Resists:
Body: 27 Energy: 27 Crush: 25
Cold: 26 Matter: 5 Thrust: 19
Heat: 27 Spirit: 0 Slash: 25

Skills:
11 Critical Strike 11 Dual Wield
4 Envenom 11 Stealth
8 Thrust
Chest:
Imbue Points: 30 of 28 (99% Qual) Overcharge: 80%
Gem 1: 3 Thrust - 99% rough Dusty War Sigil
Gem 2: 19 Dexterity - 99% faceted Vapor Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 7 Crush Resist - 99% imperfect Airy Shielding Jewel
Gem 4: 7 Slash Resist - 99% imperfect Watery Shielding Jewel
Utility: 55.7

Arms:
Imbue Points: 34 of 32 (100% Qual) Overcharge: 88%
Gem 1: 4 Stealth - 99% flawed Airy Battle Jewel
Gem 2: 25 Dexterity - 99% flawless Vapor Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 5 Body Resist - 99% flawed Dusty Shielding Jewel
Gem 4: 7 Heat Resist - 99% imperfect Heated Shielding Jewel
Utility: 60.7

Head:
Imbue Points: 35 of 32 (100% Qual) Overcharge: 78%
Gem 1: 4 Critical Strike - 99% flawed Heated Battle Jewel
Gem 2: 2 Envenom - 99% uncut Dusty Battle Jewel
Gem 3: 25 Quickness - 99% flawless Airy Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 9 Crush Resist - 99% polished Airy Shielding Jewel
Utility: 64.7

Legs:
Gem 1: 4 Dual Wield - 99% flawed Icy War Sigil
Gem 2: 22 Constitution - 99% precious Earthen Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 7 Energy Resist - 99% imperfect Light Shielding Jewel
Gem 4: 7 Thrust Resist - 99% imperfect Fiery Shielding Jewel
Utility: 62.7

Hands:
Gem 1: 4 Critical Strike - 99% flawed Heated Battle Jewel
Gem 2: 25 Strength - 99% flawless Fiery Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 52 Hits - 99% faceted Blood Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 5 Matter Resist - 99% flawed Earthen Shielding Jewel
Utility: 59.7

Feet:
Gem 1: 3 Dual Wield - 99% rough Icy War Sigil
Gem 2: 25 Quickness - 99% flawless Airy Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 16 Quickness - 99% polished Airy Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 9 Slash Resist - 99% polished Watery Shielding Jewel
Utility: 60.3

Right Hand:
Gem 1: 2 Thrust - 99% uncut Dusty War Sigil
Gem 2: 13 Constitution - 99% imperfect Earthen Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 76 Hits - 99% perfect Blood Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 9 Crush Resist - 99% polished Airy Shielding Jewel
Utility: 55.7

Left Hand:
Gem 1: 3 Thrust - 99% rough Dusty War Sigil
Gem 2: 22 Dexterity - 99% precious Vapor Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 76 Hits - 99% perfect Blood Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 5 Slash Resist - 99% flawed Watery Shielding Jewel
Utility: 58.7

Neck:
Name: Avernal Necklace
Effect 1: 10 Heat Resist
Effect 2: 10 Energy Resist
Effect 3: 19 Constitution
Effect 4: Empty
Utility: 52.7

Cloak:
Name: Ignuixs' Portible Shadow
Effect 1: 9 Constitution
Effect 2: 6 Quickness
Effect 3: 6 Cold Resist
Effect 4: 3 Stealth
Utility: 37.0

Jewel:
Name: Infernal Black Diamond
Effect 1: 10 Cold Resist
Effect 2: 10 Body Resist
Effect 3: 18 Strength
Utility: 52.0

Belt:
Name: Belt of Granite Enhancement
Effect 1: 12 Strength
Effect 2: 4 Crush Resist
Effect 3: 4 Slash Resist
Effect 4: 4 Body Resist
Utility: 32.0

Right Ring:
Name: Infernal Black Diamond Ring
Effect 1: 12 Strength
Effect 2: 12 Constitution
Effect 3: 10 Cold Resist
Utility: 36.0

Left Ring:
Name: Ring of Shades (Envenom)
Effect 1: 6 Strength
Effect 2: 6 Dexterity
Effect 3: 2 Envenom
Effect 4: 3 Critical Strike
Utility: 33.0

Right Wrist:
Name: Bracer of the Stealthy
Effect 1: 4 Quickness
Effect 2: 4 Stealth
Effect 3: 10 Heat Resist
Effect 4: 8 Body Resist

Left Wrist:
Name: Roguish Bracer
Effect 1: 4 Dexterity
Effect 2: 4 Dual Wield
Effect 3: 10 Energy Resist
Effect 4: 8 Crush Resist

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
OK pin, I stand corrected on the overcharging front. =)
Twiddled yours around a load, lost +3thrust, most of the matter and spirit resist, but required only a 99%qua hauberk and used the epic cloak instead of grand summoner's mantle. Which I still think is a silly item to PLAN your spellcrafting around; could be many many moons before you get your hands on that one... :)
Also this plan doesn't require masterpiece gems...
Not that it's in any way BETTER btw, merely a load cheaper.

Well, there's lots of improvements that could be made to get a more efficient 'cheap suit'.

I also wouldn't want to skimp on matter resist as the two Alchemy DoTs (weapon proc and armour reverse proc) are both matter-based.

And as I said, the Summoner's mantle can be replaced by a player-made, level 47-charged cloak with 9% resists and 20 hits for the meantime. Meaning 1% lower melee resists and 24 hits off cap.

It all depends on priorities, funding and time. As the thread was entitled 'Spellcrafting wishlist :p', I posted mine :D

O

old.LandShark

Incidentally - the bracers are as follows:

-Bracer of Health: 30 Hits, 6% Heat Resist, 6% Energy Resist, 8% Slash Resist.
-Bracer of Shielding: 3 Constitution, 4 Shield, 12% Body Resist, 8% Crush Resist.
-Bracer of the Stealthy: 4 Quickness, 4 Stealth, 10% Heat Resist, 8% Body Resist.
-Bracer of the Strong: 6 Strength, 3 Parry, 10% Matter Resist, 10% Thrust Resist.
-Magical Bracer: 6 Power, 4 Intelligence, 8% Spirit Resist, 8% Thrust Resist.
-Pious Bracer: 6 Power, 4 Piety, 8% Slash Resist, 8% Cold Resist.
-Roguish Bracer: 4 Dexterity, 4 Dual Wield, 10% Energy Resist, 8% Crush Resist.
-Charismatic Bracer, +4 Charisma, +3 Instruments, 10% Cold, 12% Spirit

You get your choice of any two of the above..

Can i whinge that the minstrel one has spirit and cold on it? Spirit's the resist I care least about and cold is so easy to overcap it's untrue =/

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Can i whinge that the minstrel one has spirit and cold on it? Spirit's the resist I care least about and cold is so easy to overcap it's untrue =/

Well, it's also the one with the highest Utility value.

And saying 'Cold resist is so easy to overcap' is kinda irrelavent if you are spellcrafting everything ;)

O

old.LandShark

Well, yes. ;)
But +instruments does little if you don't charm. And ask yourself if you'd rather have heat/energy/slash or spirit/cold... Wait, wtf am I complaining for, I don't (and haven't) put it in my plan anyway!

Anyhow revised config for minstrel
Config Report

Stats:
Str: 77 Int: 0 Hits: 194
Con: 75 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 75 Cha: 77
Qui: 14 Emp: 0

Resists:
Body: 27 Energy: 26 Crush: 22
Cold: 23 Matter: 0 Thrust: 27
Heat: 26 Spirit: 27 Slash: 26

Skills:
11 Slash 11 Stealth

Won't post the whole report cos I've done quite enough spamming already for today =P
Wasn't sure which would be best out of:
27matter & 0spirit
27spirit & 0matter
11spirit & 16matter
11matter & 16spirit

Good thing is, no items I don't have in that setup, apart from the two SI bracers. No rare items at all apart from an Afanc-hide cloak. Also no overcharges with lower than 86% success chance, and with only 98/99%qua gems. Again, no MP hauberk or mainhand weapon... MP shield + rest of armor.

J

Jiggs

give shrouded isles!!

crumbs who do i got to bash to get those bracers :D

O

old.LandShark

Dunno Jiggs, I'm told the quest can be solo'd by a lvl50 friar and which NPC starts it, but... no further details. :)

A

Adri

I was thinking tleilax as a caster why bother with slash/thrust/crush because surely as soon as tank is on you a bit of slash resist isnt gonna help a great deal.
Take off all those resists and add them to the other 6 would boost up your values.

Also i was lead to believe focus gems dont count as imbue points - they just take up a gem slot for each spell focus.
so for my sorc staff i could get 50body/50mind +76hits and +11resist on 100qua lvl51 staff with someone spellcrafting with 1000+ skill and 99qua gems - plus with 2points to spare.
So hopefully staves might be able to boost those low areas?

Is it just me or does there seem little difference between spellcrafting on an 99qua set or using current epic amour in relation to final stats/resists. Seems to me you really need 100qua to get the best out of spellcrafting.

Anyone got any spare AF51 cloth masterpieces for sell?

P

Pin

Originally posted by AdriXavier

Is it just me or does there seem little difference between spellcrafting on an 99qua set or using current epic amour in relation to final stats/resists. Seems to me you really need 100qua to get the best out of spellcrafting.

Depends on the class. Infiltrator epic completely sucks. There isn't a single piece that couldn't be beated by 98% qua spellcrafted armour. And most pieces can be beaten by overcharging a 97% qua crafted piece (21 imbue points).

But yes, of course you need 100qua to get the best out of it.

O

old.LandShark

Even if your epic is good in terms of utility value etc, it doesn't mean you can use it and achieve stats such as those above. Just because the stats aren't available on the slots you have free after wearing your epic armor....

O

old.LandShark

Well, there ARE high-utility items available for nearly all 'jewel' item slots already...
Not optimal but it's not like we NEED jc before sc can work :))

Esp. if we get the version where you can SC cloaks, at this next patch.

T

Tranquil-

I bet we'll get the patch just after they fixed the cloakbug as next patch.

J

Jiggs

hmm just found pygmies drop this in SI patch:

Gem of Spirit Abhorrent
7% Body, 7% Matter, 7% Heat, 7% Energy

back to the drawing board!!

T

Tleilax

Originally posted by AdriXavier
I was thinking tleilax as a caster why bother with slash/thrust/crush because surely as soon as tank is on you a bit of slash resist isnt gonna help a great deal.
Take off all those resists and add them to the other 6 would boost up your values.

Also i was lead to believe focus gems dont count as imbue points - they just take up a gem slot for each spell focus.
so for my sorc staff i could get 50body/50mind +76hits and +11resist on 100qua lvl51 staff with someone spellcrafting with 1000+ skill and 99qua gems - plus with 2points to spare.
So hopefully staves might be able to boost those low areas?

Anyone got any spare AF51 cloth masterpieces for sell?

ye, read bout it on vnboards, so i can b00st my staff a lil.
bout the melee resist, atm ive got 21% slash 18%thrust for the loss of 41+hp and +3 wind... and i am more satisfied with that, the +41 hp is easily gained back by the resists in melee, and the +3 wind i lose does not affect the dmg output so much.

i have MP cloth robe for sale if u want. msg me in game and we can discuss the price(dont want any whines here, enough allready on bw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom