Spellcrafting Templates Webby

P

pudzy

I could never find templates I wanted straight away without posting on forums so i decided to wip this crappy little webby up :). Looking for alot mre Templates atm as ya can see, only had a couple I had made for me to start with.

Spellcrafting Templates

Should be under www.pudz.co.uk very soon :p

K

kinag

Good Luck, don't think there is alot of people which is interested to share their sc templates.

N

-Nxs-

Yup i have enough trouble getting the templates off some people - and im suposed to be doing the SC :) ahh well

Good luck with the site - will be nice to see some cookie cutter templates

P

pudzy

Originally posted by kinag
Good Luck, don't think there is alot of people which is interested to share their sc templates.

Your very wrong, trust me :p

K

kinag

I said most people, been talking with alot of people and they are not very interested in that..

N

-Nxs-

from experience I have to agree with kinag, but i really hope the site works and people upload some templates, so many people just wana get something SC'd these days without thinking over a template.

Good luck

O

old.Belorfyn

Nice idea.
One idea that came to me at once when I checked it out: Could templates have some sort of short description on them in addition to name who is it by. Such as "Affordable set with 99% pieces and quest gems", "Fully capped MP set with TG Hauberk" etc :)

Edit: Actually now I noticed one of them said "99%" :)

Edit: Another idea, how about downloadable spellcrafting calculator save file for lazy people who might want to make some changes :)

B

Bagloor

I said most people, been talking with alot of people and they are not very interested in that..

But there is enough of ppl who do want to share so I don't see any problem. Just look at the amount of templates lurking around these boards.

Nice initiative Pudzy :D

K

kinag

I never said it was a bad idea, its a superb idea for the lazy fucks which is playing daoc.
But most of the people (friends normally) I have talked with wishes to keep their sc template for themselves.

B

Bagloor

I never said it was a bad idea, its a superb idea for the lazy fucks which is playing daoc.
But most of the people (friends normally) I have talked with wishes to keep their sc template for themselves.

You ar just jealous coz you stoped playing :p

C

cHodAX

Will send you my templates when I get them finished Pudz, working on a Minstrel and 1.65 Necro at the moment.

S

SFXman

K

kinag

Ahh sorry SFX, do a google search or something, I'm sure you'll find something in the end :p

And to the part me being jelous since I stopped playing.. Why would I be jelous? I'm back tomorrow for a TG raid anyway..
It was a just a break away from zerging ^^

H

Harhr

the savage template boots are too overcharged, 36 of 28

Juts a friendly notification and a bump :D

T

Tilda

tbh ive spoken with some albion people and all of them are fine to submit it, i certainly have NP submitting templates.

Tilda

Y

-yoda-

we have a similer thing on our guild forums ..

MP and 99% templates for alb classes there .

great idea ill cut n paste a cple from our forums n send u em to load :)

P

pudzy

Having a massive responce form the first day, me email box is loaded :p, thanks to all those who've sent some :)

P

pudzy

Originally posted by Harhr
the savage template boots are too overcharged, 36 of 28

Juts a friendly notification and a bump :D

Thanks m8 ill sort that right now :p

A

Aoln

post it in vn boards and getting thousands of replies :p

P

[PS]Venom

There's quite a few on the excal/alb boards if you want to copy/paste :)

W

-Wedge-

I like the idea, but the listing is horible...

You want the level of the template (e.g. 50, 24, 29, 35, I mean BG alts can have SC templates too)...

You want to see in the listing how complete the template is for that level...

For example: 9 resists, 26% each (at 50), 234% resist in total, someone doesnt cap matter (only 7%) and not spirit (14%) then he has 203% resist in total meaning he gets a 86,8% resist-completion 'factor'... (or just list all the resists, but that + stats + skills in 1 listing could get 'messy')

Same should apply for stats and skills... Skills being a bit tricky with spec's, etc...

When you have that, you also have to list the number of MP items, and perhaps even add a difficulty rating for the items used... (Take the Oil Drenched Rag for Albion for example, very hard to get, I'd suggest a rating from 1-5 per item, 1 being easy, 5 being hard)

And finally, you want to be able to load it into the SC-application...

C

cadiva

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Some stuff

Give the poor guy a break. Pudz has already said this is just a startt.

It's also, from what I understood, not supposed to make your SC templates for you, just give you ideas from what other people have done.

Does it matter if one person has capped every stat but someone else hasn't?
It's their own personal preference after all and Pudz should be given a pat on the back for taking the time and effort to do this in the first place not given loads more work to do - unless you were volunteering to do it all for him? ;)

W

-Wedge-

I'm not giving my idea's as a way to disrespect what he's doing, or something like that, just constructive critisism... Just trying to give him some work ;)

It's also, from what I understood, not supposed to make your SC templates for you, just give you ideas from what other people have done.

Why not ? :)

There are a load of 'universal' templates, why invent the wheel twice...

http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/htmlpage1.htm

Gives an idea what I would make each template look like... The only problem you'd have is with people that use the hybrid-spec, for that I'd suggest copying the stat & resist & skill/focus part for 1H + 2H (list it twice)...

Like in my example you could use color coding to display a shortage in a certain resist/stat... (depending how low a certain resist is go through a few colour shades, ok, I used red + blue ;))

Anyways, perhaps even a small comment area like : Used Sidi-Hauberk, Dragon Weapon, etc... (this would increase the Difficulty rating of the template)

With this you can see in 1 go what the template offers, how difficult it is to get the items, and how many MP items you need to make it...

Seems I forgot a title + mention creator...
(For example, Creator: Tilda Title: x Flex, 42 Shield, x Parry, x Soulrending Reaver template)

It would just 'finish' the idea...

Ideally you'd want someone to upload their SCC file and it does some small checks on it (like a 37 OC on a 99% item), and then adds it to the listing with resist totals etc on it...

W

-Wedge-

Btw, if you want help and wouldnt mind hosting the site on my server, I could most likely create this automated system :)

I dont want to brag, but I can make just about everything with ASP.NET + SQL-DB ... And, well, I've got shit loads of time atm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom