Spellcrafting, ironic an add on has made me finally give up

O

old.Tbird

Tell you what i'll reply to this because it's probably the only social interaction you'll see this week. If I decide to start a papertrail i'll make sure to leave very very big pieces so that you find it easy to follow ok.

S

SilverHood

our guilld SC'er sorta gave up doing public services after spending an entire day making 32 gems, and making 200g

as people said, get the jewels pre made... helps a lot :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Tbird
I have a SB 3L6 99% of the time unbuffed, a week back I got the jump on a Hib caster managed 4 good shots with my 99% weapons before his friend nuked me to death. I had him at 40% health and my best hit was 158, when I cant kill my target class what else is left for me.
I don't think SC will help with that TBH. I think you're using your lack of SC as an escuse for your RvR failures. People RvR in epic, in fact I'd go as far as to say the majority of level 50 players use epic, they do fine, SC isn't compulsory.

B

bredo

I think it's awesome that ppl have big problems finding sc'ers. You are truly right that sc destroys a good lot of the game, but your reason is wrong.

It destroys the game, because it makes eq hunting useless. A perfectly sc'ed suit of armor will always be better than any individual drops.

Some may say that the epic dungeons have viable stuff. Well first of all you gotta win the lottery between the huge amounts of players. then you gotta repeat this til you get a full suit. And even then it is only on par with a well sc'ed suit.

All in all, SC and alch destroyed the item hunt, which for me is a large % of the fun in games like this.

D

Danya

Epic dungeon loot is superior to even the best SCed stuff. However the difference is not that large. Mythic is aware of this and are trying to come up with a way of changing it so that dropped loot is more sought after.
As for it being hard to get, that's kind of the point. The best equipment shouldn't just drop off any random mob you can solo...

S

Simius

Doesn't anyone craft for the love of the trade any more, or is that just me..?

Sod profit.

GREEN
GREEN
GREEN

As long as people tip enough to keep me in funds for all my crafters I'm happy. They get their suit at a price they can afford and aren't bled dry, I get to help people out. Win-win situation. Moan about SC and Alc messing up your l33t aspirations all you like, it's enhanced the game for far more people than you think, and gives those who actually enjoy it a chance to help their realm without donating organs in emain every 15 minutes.

A

Aule Valar

if a sb gets its pa off on me quite often i'm 3 shotted, thats with full MP sc kit
even without pa i get ripped apart and if mes gets purged i'm arsed

learn to play your class, theres a reason you have pa, its so that you can take your targets down quickly
also attacking one caster with another nearby severely lacks intelligence, your blatently going to get blasted to shit, or rooted/messed then blasted to shit

N

Novamir

some tips to get SC:

- ask people in the top guilds on your server who SCs for them. there will definitely be some 1k+ but you don't know them.
- plan exactly your order. know exactly the % gems.
- do it in bitesize chunks. if you ask your SCer to do 6 armour pieces and 4 weapons all at once, they will most likely tell you to fuck off. ask them to do a couple of pieces soon, and then hint you will need more in the future. contact them again soon with a few more.
- offer to pay through the nose.
- if all else fails, take 7 days out and powerskill to 1000 SC :)

S

Sharma

im not suprised..

i was watching poor myste gettin so frustrated as a customer was constantly changing his mind..i felt really sorry for her, and all the guff she gets from some people, shes a strong woman with a big will, i can say one thing, i just hope she doesnt quit soon :)

C

chretien

I'm confused? How is the fact that your realm apparently has no LGM Scers while the other realms do Mythics fault?

I'm not trying to flame here, I'm genuinely trying to work out how a system which is exactly the same in all realms and has the same potential availability is 'unbalanced'? If there are no high level crafters in your realm then IMO that's a failing of the **player** economy to adequately reward them for the huge amount of time and money they've had to sink to reach the levels they're at. I'd say you have only the attitudes of yourself and your realm mates to blame for this situation. It's not Mythics fault.

O

old.Glendower

My wife is 706 SC, and that is sufficient to do all of our 99% armor 2 pts OC with no problems at all, and 7/10+ times when doing 3 pt OC she makes it.

The bummer is getting alch bits done.

D

Danya

Alc isn't usually too bad, it's quick unlike SC. Costs tend to be quite high though, especially for reactives.

O

old.Glendower

/agree

What I mean is that you cant do the procs yourself like you can SC.

Needs a 1k+ Alch to make the good ones, and it is the stretch from 800-1k+ that is the real killer in time/expense.

O

old.windforce

getting from 1040 till 1080 is real expensive
i mean 126 gold per retry is a bit a much
should cost 14 plat those 40 points

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by Aule Valar
if a sb gets its pa off on me quite often i'm 3 shotted, thats with full MP sc kit
even without pa i get ripped apart and if mes gets purged i'm arsed

learn to play your class, theres a reason you have pa, its so that you can take your targets down quickly
also attacking one caster with another nearby severely lacks intelligence, your blatently going to get blasted to shit, or rooted/messed then blasted to shit
So what makes you think I cant play my class, a very quick example I gave? Trust me on this I can play my class to an adequate level, with 34 CS,44 Axe,44 LA I PA for average 250, I rarely CD because lag,blocks,parries,my lack of skill (whichever) means I have trouble pulling it off, once I use DF/SS/IB i'm down to 150-160 average dmg, if I 3 shot anyone they will need to have a LOT of con missing. (btw when I asked why my dmg output seemed low I was told to get an SC suit because my 800 WS doesn't cut it)

Anyway that's an aside, my frustration is over now. Yesterday I logged in and got that 'exactly what should I go and do feeling' the sign that a game is past it's prime time for me, maybe this SC thing was just me in my final death throws of play :D

To all you spellcrafters out there, up your prices you deserve every gold coin you get :)

S

Solid

Tbird i would assume your lack of success as an unbuffed SB in non SCed gear is due to one or all of the below:

a: Being unbuffed vs buffed targets makes life a tad hard - conclusion: you need a bot to solo in RvR
b: Being a soulblade makes it harder still because Poisons are your friend, no really they are essential to any assasin.
c: Having poor magic resists means you are vulnerable without a Stun from CD and without SCing any assasin will have poor magic resists (my unSCed SB has 4 magic resists at 0% tho still manages to win more than I lose against casters)

I still fail to see how you can hit for such low melee damage vs a caster given we have pre-nerf LA and you have Axe/LA at 44 each, thats 55ish with items/RR on a average non-SCed SB.

I find it hard to believe that with your spec and an average item setup you are hitting for so poorly and struggling to 2-3 shot Casters.

Sorry but SCing is not vital to be able to kill your bread and butter targets, plenty of SB's out there without a fully SCed suit that are faring quite well. You can cap your Str/Con/Dex, +Weapon, +LA very easily without the need for SCing so the blame does not lay there with regards to your poor damage.

V

Vell

Ok, firstly, my healer has no crafted items at all.

I did the quests, I hunted the mobs - and most of my resists (bar slash) are capped. You don't need spellcrafted armour to get your resists and stats high. You may have to put a little bit of work into getting the items you want, but with a good group or 4 of people you know well (ie not loot whores, will give the drops to those that need them) then there is no reason you can't get the items you need too, without even starting on crafters and spellcrafters.

Secondly, my level 24 shadowblade does more damage with a PA than you. I seriously suggest you take a better look at the items you're using, because something is definitely wrong there. Visiting the smith regularly helps.

Thirdly, if you feel underpowered because you have no buffs so can't solo - get a group! It's not that difficult to yell a few times, and you'll probably get invited to one fairly quickly.

Spellcraft has NOT ruined the game - it has made crafting worthwhile. Before SC, drops were ALWAYS better than crafted items, because they had stats on them where as crafted ones didn't. Spellcrafting was a necessary addition to make the economy in the game work.

K

Kharok Svark

I think many players only use SC to 'adjust' the suit they already had ;

This is my suit 4 SC parts, one bought from another player already SC'd, 2 Weapons and Gloves SC'd by 2 different SC'ers only one of which was asked to do an OC.

If you do most of the quests and use SC to fill the Gaps it's fun ;

Config Report

Stats:
Str: 77 Int: 0 Hits: 202
Con: 75 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 75 Cha: 0
Qui: 0 Emp: 0

Resists:
Body: 34 Energy: 12 Crush: 30
Cold: 21 Matter: 18 Thrust: 22
Heat: 28 Spirit: 24 Slash: 24

Skills:
11 Axe 11 Left Axe
9 Parry

Focus:

Chest:
Name: Courage Bound Jerkin
Level: 50 Quality: 100
AF: 100 Bonus: 35
Effect 1: 13 Strength
Effect 2: 13 Dexterity
Effect 3: 30 Hits
Effect 4: 6 Body Resist
Utility: 36.8

Arms:
Name: Courage Bound Sleeves
Effect 1: 19 Strength
Effect 2: 15 Constitution
Effect 3: 8 Thrust Resist
Effect 4: 8 Heat Resist
Utility: 54.7

Head:
Name: Wispy Silkstrand Headcover
AF: 0 Bonus: 0
Effect 1: 12 Dexterity
Effect 2: 55 Hits
Effect 3: 8 Slash Resist
Effect 4: 8 Crush Resist
Utility: 53.8

Legs:
Name: Courage Bound Legs
Effect 1: 15 Strength
Effect 2: 15 Constitution
Effect 3: 7 Dexterity
Effect 4: 12 Slash Resist
Utility: 48.7

Hands:
Imbue Points: 30 of 28 (99% Qual) Overcharge: 80%
Gem 1: 7 Strength - 99% rough Fiery Essence Jewel
Gem 2: 7 Constitution - 99% rough Earthen Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 16 Dexterity - 99% polished Vapor Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 5 Left Axe - 99% imperfect Icy War Rune
Utility: 45.0

Feet:
Imbue Points: 31 of 28 (99% Qual) Overcharge: 38%
Gem 1: 3 Axe - 94% rough Earthen War Rune
Gem 2: 4 Left Axe - 94% flawed Icy War Rune
Gem 3: 3 Parry - 94% rough Vapor Battle Jewel
Gem 4: 7 Cold Resist - 94% imperfect Icy Shielding Jewel
Utility: 64.0

Right Hand:
Imbue Points: 27 of 28 (99% Qual) Overcharge: None
Gem 1: 4 Axe - 94% flawed Earthen War Rune
Gem 2: 3 Parry - 94% rough Vapor Battle Jewel
Gem 3: 2 Left Axe - 94% uncut Icy War Rune
Gem 4: 13 Dexterity - 94% imperfect Vapor Essence Jewel
Utility: 53.7

Left Hand:
Imbue Points: 28 of 28 (99% Qual) Overcharge: None
Gem 1: 4 Axe - 94% flawed Earthen War Rune
Gem 2: 13 Strength - 94% imperfect Fiery Essence Jewel
Gem 3: 16 Constitution - 94% polished Earthen Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 10 Dexterity - 94% flawed Vapor Essence Jewel
Utility: 46.0

Two Handed:
Imbue Points: 0 of 0 (99% Qual) Overcharge: None
Gem 1: Empty -
Gem 2: Empty -
Gem 3: Empty -
Gem 4: Empty -
Utility: 0.0

Ranged:
Imbue Points: 0 of 0 (99% Qual) Overcharge: None
Gem 1: Empty -
Gem 2: Empty -
Gem 3: Empty -
Gem 4: Empty -
Utility: 0.0

Neck:
Name: Infernal Black Diamond Necklace
Level: 0 Quality: 0
Bonus: 0
Effect 1: 36 Hits
Effect 2: 6 Body Resist
Effect 3: 6 Thrust Resist
Effect 4: 6 Energy Resist
Utility: 45.0

Cloak:
Name: Scaffold Web Cloak
Effect 1: 8 Cold Resist
Effect 2: 8 Heat Resist
Effect 3: 8 Spirit Resist
Effect 4: 6 Constitution
Utility: 52.0

Jewel:
Name: Qwinhild's Ancestral Jewel
Effect 1: 30 Hits
Effect 2: 8 Body Resist
Effect 3: 8 Crush Resist
Effect 4: 8 Thrust Resist
Utility: 55.5

Belt:
Name: Accursed Belt of Might
Effect 1: 10 Strength
Effect 2: 4 Crush Resist
Effect 3: 4 Slash Resist
Effect 4: 4 Body Resist
Utility: 30.7

Right Ring:
Name: Band of Ice
Effect 1: 13 Constitution
Effect 2: 6 Heat Resist
Effect 3: 6 Cold Resist
Effect 4: 6 Spirit Resist
Utility: 44.7

Left Ring:
Name: Ring of Spun Silk
Effect 1: 3 Constitution
Effect 2: 21 Hits
Effect 3: 10 Matter Resist
Effect 4: 10 Crush Resist
Utility: 47.2

Right Wrist:
Name: Jergursumm
Level: 49 Quality: 0
Effect 1: 30 Hits
Effect 2: 6 Heat Resist
Effect 3: 6 Energy Resist
Effect 4: 8 Matter Resist
Utility: 47.5

Left Wrist:
Name: Avboyning Bracer
Level: 49 Quality: 0
Effect 1: 4 Dexterity
Effect 2: 3 Parry
Effect 3: 10 Body Resist
Effect 4: 10 Spirit Resist
Utility: 57.7

K

Kharok Svark

Oh, and AoM 1 only cost 1 RA point which sorts quite well any Resists hiccups

O

old.Tbird

You have valid points Solid

a)I totally agree
b)Yes you could well be right, I chose my spec pre-sc when fears of massive poison resists were about. If I decided to keep playing i'd respec at 1st opportunity. (although I still like the principle of the spec, the practice is somewhat different)
c)Yes my resists are poor but that doesn't affect my killing ability

I suspect my problem is the low axe spec, with RR and items i'm only 50ish. I have better items but I lose the +stealth I need so end up with a bad trade off, I really expected my PA to take up the slack but it hasn't worked out that way.

Vell my Healer also has amazing resists with just epic and items, it's completely different on my SB. Look at the spec lines +mend is the only skill a healer 'maybe' needs, my SB need +stealth (essential in all builds) +axe (as my gimpy hits seem to prove) and +envenom (again needed in all/most builds), thats without the +CS and +LA which are both nice to have. And yes I have 2 groupable chars the SB was rolled to a) kill archers and help the guild in keeps takes (almost impossible in upgraded keeps now) and to solo when a group wasn't available.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Glendower
/agree

What I mean is that you cant do the procs yourself like you can SC.

Needs a 1k+ Alch to make the good ones, and it is the stretch from 800-1k+ that is the real killer in time/expense.
True, but the same can be said for weapons and armour. You're not going to make yourself anything at level 50 without being LGM realistically.

V

Vell

Ok, I haven't got a high level stealther so I've not ever really sat down and worked it all out. But after taking about 20mins going through item databases, I worked out that by doing the quests you can have a setup:

56str
61con
76dex
29quick (which isn't that important since yo ureally want to do as much damage with 1st hit as possibile)

Capped resists except energy - 17

Axe 8
Stealth 9
Envemon 5
Crit 4
Left Axe 3

Hits 106

Ok, so you're not capped on everything. But that took me 20 mins to do - I'm sure if I could be bothered to spend more time on it, plus three or four crafted items, I could do much better.

Most of this stuff is lvl 51 (af102/16.5dps) at 100% qual - all from quests. None of it is from high level mobs - if you added a few of these in you could also do better.

But seriously - if you think you need to have everything capped to be able to perform at all in RvR, you are very much mistaken. You don't. What you need to succeed in RvR is some skill (sadly I lack quite a lot of this so I suck :p) and numbers.

O

old.Tbird

It's all hugely academic now, the call of the Vanu Sovreignty and a Star Wars Marksman have gripped me now :) Mythic can do what they like, nerf as much as they want, my path for the short term at least is moving away from DAoC.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Vell
29quick (which isn't that important since yo ureally want to do as much damage with 1st hit as possibile)
Actually you want to cap it as an assassin. Quick affects your evade. Critical strikes (PA/BS2) aren't affected by quick. So you loose no frontload and gain better evasion and damage over time.

V

Vell

Originally posted by Danyan
Critical strikes (PA/BS2) aren't affected by quick.

Really? Oh I didn't know that :)

But still, my point was that it's not necessary to get full MP SC suits with as much overcharge as possible - you can do pretty good templates without them.

S

syri

ok, you criticise mythic for the fact all other realms have more people doing sc than yours? how's that their fault? did mythic make a rule stating that if more than 5 people reach lgm on mid/pryd then one must spontaniously be deleted?? no, didn't think so. so not many people sc that you know, well, go tell them to! it's the players fault for not using it, it was provided same to your realm as it was to all others, just your lot didn't take it up.
and yes, i DID read most of the posts, and yes, i do think you're wrong to blame mythic...

M

Madonion Slicer

TBird dont give up mate, i had my SC Template setup with the same LGM SpellCrafter as you shame she left but not much we can do.

Anyway with a little luck i managed to find a LGM SC and LGM ALC that did my full suit and weapons SC/DOT/PROC and Ablatives.

So there are people out there that will help.

V

Vell

Originally posted by Tasans
Vell you only use 3 parts of the epic :p

Yes, that's right. I use epic jerkin legs and sleeves, and have a helm from a quest. My boots are TG, which I won on a lotto (I was the only one bidding for them :p) and my gloves are a unique drop from Trollheim bar (which is campable by 2 people).

I have a total of 0 crafted items in my set. My point is proved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom