Spellcrafters and over the top prices

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
try spending nearly 20 plat and sitting around while your guild and friends rvr or farm for probably 100 hours+ then you will know why you pay high for good crafted items.

(Im not a scer btw, but)

20p is what other lgm scer's have told me is what it cost them to get lgm.

SC is a thankless skill, you get no salvage skill, no ability to make siege weaponry, no ability to repair anything.

In essence, all you can do is imbune and occasionally explode taking some greedy bastards MP scale vest with you due to rediculous overcharge orders.

SC charge high prices because its a tricky and thankless skill, pay for it or wear drop armour and stop bitching imo :)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>20p is what other lgm scer's have told me is what it cost them to get lgm.

I am starting to wonder if it is what it cost to get high enough for all jewels to be blue con to you. You reach LGM at 1000 but SC and Alchemy both have new items to make much higher then the basic trades where 1060 is enough nowadays (at least as wc in midgård).

Chilly

Balls of steel
to get lgm (by this i mean being able to make ablatives reactives) in alch it cost me about 30plat, i absolutely RAPED my guild for cash and im still doing cheapo gear for the more generous ones.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Gimme a call ingame someday soon Myst... I have some spare time *shudders* in between doing some small thingies for guildies. And since the jewels don't need to be 99's you can prolly stick around while I make em.

capo

Fledgling Freddie
i'd say 100g per item aint a to high price, every crafter calculates the prices in his own way and 5pt oc being around 300g per item makes it alot cheaper. also sc:ing unlike other trades it aint possible to craft when it fits onself, other trades can keep a stock while sc:ers usually haveto do the crafting as some1 asks them to do (cus else chances are customer goes somewhere else w/o saying so to the sc:er or log and being hard to reach). SC:ing aint something most people do for fun after a while, anyone doing it for randoms should have a medal =)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Its all been said but to get to lgm costs a fortune and takes hours. Why then do you moan if said scer decides to try and recoup some of the money?

The estimate on the sc calc is way out and does not take into account the time to make all required gems. A full suit and 3 weps with 5.5 oc takes a good 2 hours, if not longer. Top tier gems cost the best part of 30 gold to make.

Of all the current tradeskills, scing is the one that the crafter can seriously fuck up on if he doesnt concentrate 100%, therefore when I charge 300 per item I feel fully justified in doing so.

If you dont like the prices charged roll your own, however u need copious amounts of cash to get to 1000.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
so you have at least one LGM or ever crafted higher than 500 skill? i guess not, otherwise you would know some things.

however, just one thing, i've learned one lesson in this game, and this is i won't give away my time for free. maybe sad, but that's life. by having more than 1 LGM u will atleast learn to reject orders, if you got no mood for them.

normal orders are 7 or 8 parts of stuff, all 5pt OC. make that 28-32 gems, all 99%. i normally estimate 30mins for 4 of t hose gems, which leaves me with an afternoon (3-4hours) for sets (with putting up qb's and all that stuff that costs time too).

now for the price. my LGM SC is a light mentalist, aa pretty good farm char. i will just state out here, that i can farm easily 5plat in DF in an afternoon with this char (not including the following trinketing ;)), the half at other good camp spots i know, if i farm concentrated. as SC is something you need to be concentrated all the time, i came to the conclusion 200g/5pt OC item is an okay deal for me, make that 1.6plat for a full set 5pt OC, only my personaal gaain + max. 1.2plat material costs for the gems.
normally ppl pay between 2-3plat for thosee full sets. guildies and ppl who i consider friends in this game get it way less but not for free, only for the closest friends in this game i will take me an afternoon without earning anything to make their sets done, or make them as a present.

now you say w00t, you're an expensive bitch, and that may be true from your point of view. 1st i'm a bitch by prostituting me and craft afternoon by afternoon, and expensive, well, then be it so.

but then, who really cares, you want your set, it wwill make you uber, and i won't give my timee away for someone i never heard of in the game b4 maybe.

at the end of the day, you will like your set (as if i take an order it is done after the time i tell u) and the char wearing it is more uber than b4, and i will be fine with a bit more cash, i can maybe spend on stuff i like to have.

all in all, there is a reason why most of the LGM SCers are not flagging there tradeskill or are even /anon 24/7.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Some people are just plain greedy...that is all there is to it. And, yea, I have a LGM crafter before you go pointing fingers.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i'm thinking of either increasing my prices to 300g per item or only to SC jobs for guildies only.

Thinking about it, i don't like getting spammed all day with msg's to do SC jobs (even when my /setwho is on class) and ppl telling me i should leave the hunt i'm on to do their order.

I've already found my self on: /anon /afk and /setwho class .....24/7 because generally ppl take the piss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom