Spell Resists since the patch

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else notice a big increase in spell resists since the last patch ? My logs show 11% more. Pain in the ass when you are specced 50+17 so see 2 sometimes 3 in a row resisted.

Poma

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
outright resists are nothing to do with spec.

they're a base 15% chance(apparently, might be more, might be less - can't find the tests atm) +0.5% per level of the spell below 50.

so a level 40 spell has a 20% chance of being resisted.

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
pomalllka said:
Anyone else notice a big increase in spell resists since the last patch ? My logs show 11% more. Pain in the ass when you are specced 50+17 so see 2 sometimes 3 in a row resisted.

Poma

QQ

Finally some chances on spell resists. Gets quite annoying to be mezzed always or nuked always, even with the highest resists possible. Time for some payback IMO. And if you didn't notice the spellresist tables have changed... You might wanna check patch notes first.

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
Khalen said:
QQ

Finally some chances on spell resists. Gets quite annoying to be mezzed always or nuked always, even with the highest resists possible. Time for some payback IMO. And if you didn't notice the spellresist tables have changed... You might wanna check patch notes first.

Mages are so overpowered they need a "payback"? :p

Resists dont change resistrate, but the dmg dealt.. if it had done both mages would have been very useless even compared to now..

Erinnizz

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
outright resists are nothing to do with spec.

they're a base 15% chance(apparently, might be more, might be less - can't find the tests atm) +0.5% per level of the spell below 50.

so a level 40 spell has a 20% chance of being resisted.

Is melee attacks calculated for misses by the same ratio?

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Erinnizz said:

nah I don´t miss that much with my mincer ;P and I got 30+16 melee spec and use a lvl 29 style ;P

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Erinnizz said:

not really, but without using styles, chance on missing might be around 15% though. Melee is seen as doing your own level as swing (so lvl 50 does a lvl 50 melee attack), mages first had a similar system iirc (lvl 50 in spec means resists are seen as lvl 50, but they changed it to spell level instead of spec level, which is good for the base line spells and bad for spec ones:p).

And resists afaik didnt increase, you are just unlucky.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
not really, but without using styles, chance on missing might be around 15% though. Melee is seen as doing your own level as swing (so lvl 50 does a lvl 50 melee attack), mages first had a similar system iirc (lvl 50 in spec means resists are seen as lvl 50, but they changed it to spell level instead of spec level, which is good for the base line spells and bad for spec ones:p).

And resists afaik didnt increase, you are just unlucky.
spell resists were never calculated based on spec.

the only thing that was changed was the attacker-defender level difference modifier being removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom