Speeding Fine

Aada

Part of the furniture
How long do they normally take to come in the post? i think i just got caught speeding was doing 35 in a 30 zone and didn't notice the van on the other side of the road.

I'm not bothered as such just want to know from anyone here how long they usually take.

Also do 3 points on my licence effect my insurance?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
About 2 weeks normally. Got caught by the one right by my house a few weeks back, very annoying.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you were doing 35mph on the speedo, since most overread by 3-4mph your actual speed may have been 31-32mph, and thats well below the ACPO guidelines for prosecution (10% + 2mph)

So don't worry too much.

www.pepipoo.com

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Was the rear of the van facing you or was it the front as you drove towards it?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Was the rear of the van facing you or was it the front as you drove towards it?

Rear of the van facing me (i could see the camera in the back as i was driving towards it) on the opposite side of the road.. now can they catch you like that? i know some of the old Gatso's can't.

Looking around i haven't found anything about Mobile speed cameras in the back of vans and if they can still get you on the opposite side.

?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Rear of the van facing me (i could see the camera in the back as i was driving towards it) on the opposite side of the road.. now can they catch you like that? i know some of the old Gatso's can't.

Looking around i haven't found anything about Mobile speed cameras in the back of vans and if they can still get you on the opposite side.

?

Thats a bit odd really, usually cameras are facing oncoming traffic on the same side, not the opposite side, so maybe they didn't clock you :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thats a bit odd really, usually cameras are facing oncoming traffic on the same side, not the opposite side, so maybe they didn't clock you :)

Well the van was right after the 30 sign on the other side of the road coz before the 30 sign its a 60 zone so maybe they were trying to catch people coming from the bypass.

But can vans still get people from the opposite side?

It's just the not knowing factor for me :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well the van was right after the 30 sign on the other side of the road coz before the 30 sign its a 60 zone so maybe they were trying to catch people coming from the bypass.

But can vans still get people from the opposite side?

It's just the not knowing factor for me :p

If it was right at the point where a 60 mph zone changes to a 30mph zone then they would likely be clocking you in the 60mph zone. Cameras like this need a certain distance/time (speed being calculated by multiplying distance and time ofc :)) to work properly afaik.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
OMG I WAS SPEEDING!!!!! PLEASE DONT FINE ME!!!!!! LET ME BREAK THE LAW AND SHIT WAHAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Funny thing was you saw the camera in the back of the van and still didnt slow down. I am suprised you did not cause a major crash on the road. You do know that looking at your speedometer causes you to lose concentration and kill stuff!!!!!! I cant imagine the damage of not watching the road while looking at the camera in the back of a van.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
OMG I WAS SPEEDING!!!!! PLEASE DONT FINE ME!!!!!! LET ME BREAK THE LAW AND SHIT WAHAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Funny thing was you saw the camera in the back of the van and still didnt slow down. I am suprised you did not cause a major crash on the road. You do know that looking at your speedometer causes you to lose concentration and kill stuff!!!!!! I cant imagine the damage of not watching the road while looking at the camera in the back of a van.

I can't grasp if that's sarcasm or a fucked up post? :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
*muuuusst.....resissttt........temppptationn......*

Aada

Part of the furniture

Actually i was driving/watching around 5 kids fucking around with a football at the side of the road on a really thin path.

It was only after i had passed them that i noticed the van which by then was too late to do anything.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Actually i was driving/watching around 5 kids fucking around with a football at the side of the road on a really thin path.

And you still didn't slow down?

Child Killer!!!!

token smilie ---> :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
And you still didn't slow down?

Child Killer!!!!

token smilie ---> :)

He's being a consciencious driver and while trying to predict and avert a potential accident, has gone slightly over the speed limit. He did clearly state this was just at the conflux of a 60 mph zone and a 30 mph zone. I'd say 90% of drivers entering a 30 from a 60 are going over 40 (some over 60), so 35 is well below the average.

Watching your speedometer to avoid being snapped by a speed camera is a common cause of accidents.

leggy

Probably Scottish
He's being a consciencious driver and while trying to predict and avert a potential accident, has gone slightly over the speed limit. He did clearly state this was just at the conflux of a 60 mph zone and a 30 mph zone. I'd say 90% of drivers entering a 30 from a 60 are going over 40 (some over 60), so 35 is well below the average.

Watching your speedometer to avoid being snapped by a speed camera is a common cause of accidents.

I think you'll find that he was 'entering' a 60 zone (I think :/)

And I think that you'll also find that I was bloody well joking you tart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom