speed haste

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
the limit is 10/10 but for example if u got 12or 15 % as far as i know it wont make u hit faster but is it lowering your dmg ? (i mean the 2-5 overcap)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Haste doesn't make you do less damage ... only quickness does that.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Haste doesn't make you do less damage ... only quickness does that.

not true.

all forms of haste reduce your damage per hit and increase your damage over time. only exception is the artificial haste dualwielders get from using a slow mainhand and fast offhand - style damage is calculated off effective mainhand speed and effective swingspeed is calculated off the average of both hands (in the case of DW/CD, only if both hands swing)

as for overcapping haste reducing damage, i've never heard of it and i highly doubt its true. easy to test though - just hit a greycon mob and check what you cap at with different (overcapped) values of melee speed

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Ok just tested it (not that I doubt you vf :p ) with my 2 handed gimpadin

Cap is 750 with 5% haste from items.
Cap is 659 with red celerity alone
Cap is 701 with 20% hastebuff from an item alone
Cap is 609 with 20% hastebuff from an item AND red celerity

So I'm htting for 1/5th less but twice as fast. Works for me.

Interesting though that my unstyled damagecap is the same ... fully hasted or not

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
base damage (weapon dps x spd) is unaffected by swing speed and will do the same damage however fast you hit, while your style damage is decreased by higherattack speed, in other words you will over time do more damage with a high spd weapon if you cap your swingspeed through quick/haste than with a wpn with lower spd

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
ye, was asking a bit other thing though (if extra haste % overcap) would effect and make extra reduction of dmg

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
same test applies, hit a lvl1 mob with a style and 10% toa haste and then again with 20% or however much u can manage and if the dmg is the same (as it will be) there is your answer. note: when u change to your toa haste items, make sure quickness and +spec dont change, str doesnt matter as it doesnt affect cap

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
I've done some easy testing on this, using my weaponless champ temp with 10% haste in it.
With a lvl 1 Bruiser (so a total of 10% toa haste) I cap at exactly same as with my lvl 10 SoK (which then gives me a 5%overcap of toa haste). Both weaps are 5.6 speed and none of them give any other melee bonuses or quickness.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
Interesting though that my unstyled damagecap is the same ... fully hasted or not

Thats the sole reason why haste/quickness increases ur DPS in the first place: Ur base-damage stays the same, but the style-modifier (the You perform your Style perfectly (+100)-part) gets lowered by the same ammount as ur swing-speed increases (%-wise).

More on-topic: More melee-haste from TOA % doesnt do anything. It doesnt affect your character, its not listed in bonusses and it wont do anything for ur styled-damage or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom