Film SPECTRE

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Roger Moore has said Idris isn't English..English enough to play Bond, even though he was born in Hackney.
I think he has every Bond attribute you would need except not being the exact colour expected.
I mean he's the whitest black guy on the telly.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Roger Moore has said Idris isn't English..English enough to play Bond, even though he was born in Hackney.
I think he has every Bond attribute you would need except not being the exact colour expected.
FFS @Job seriously, 5 posts in?? It's the trailer for the new film, who mentioned the Idris Elba story!! do you have to try to turn every thread into one of your Daily Fail rants

Job

Looks like I'm the Clarkson of FH.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

As opposed to the Scottish Sean Connery, or the Australian George Lazenby or the Irish Piers Brosnan? Why doesn't he be honest and say Idris Elba isn't white enough? I could at least respect that point of view. Personally I don't think Idris Elba is remotely right for the role because I don't think he's particularly suave. Great actor, but making him James Bond is tokenism of the worst kind

Job

He does love himself and I think he tries a bit too hard to be Sidney Poitier, but I would watch him as Bond.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
He does love himself and I think he tries a bit too hard to be Sidney Poitier, but I would watch him as Bond.

But I bet you wouldn't watch it with them.

Blacks, that is.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As opposed to the Scottish Sean Connery, or the Australian George Lazenby or the Irish Piers Brosnan? Why doesn't he be honest and say Idris Elba isn't white enough? I could at least respect that point of view. Personally I don't think Idris Elba is remotely right for the role because I don't think he's particularly suave. Great actor, but making him James Bond is tokenism of the worst kind

I agree.

And Denzel Washington is the whitest black guy on the telly.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Anyhoops, i don't know, it's probably going to be as entertaining as the previous bonds, but for some reason i've grown out of real bond fandom. Liked them as a kid more, but it's still solid entertainment.

This looks like maybe a more sneaky spy'ey stuff, so not bad.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can I just say the whole Roger Moore thing is obviously bullshit? People really need to stop reading the Daily Expremail.

Job

Yes, if you read the actual transcript , out of context doesn't cover it, completely made up is moore apt.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dear God shut up and stick to the trailer ffs

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've got tickets booked for the opening night, first Sony 4K showing.

Very enthused by the initial reviews. It has everything I love - womanising, Bond, luxury watches, fast cars, Christoph Waltz and Austria. God I love Austria.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've got tickets booked for the opening night, first Sony 4K showing.

Very enthused by the initial reviews. It has everything I love - womanising, Bond, luxury watches, fast cars, Christoph Waltz and Austria. God I love Austria.
Bonds woman friend is over fifty in this. No young temptress this time

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
As always, there's more than one Bond girl and Monica Bellucci has aged very well indeed.

Job

Just driven 60 miles round trip to see Everest at the Imax in the Trafford centre, buy the tickets at the machine, go to the ticket guy and he deadpans us...'that was incorrect mate it's not on'.
Much shouting later got refund and 4 guest tickets.
My parting comment to the manager was that I was going home to torrent a movie.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Great actor, just wouldn't work for Bond.

I actually think Tom Hardy could make a pretty good 21st century Bond...with a little work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom